Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2012 SP2! Beta #4 is now available

HI Matt and Eric,

I would like to know what graphics you have used from As2012, only clouds or all? if all make sure your runways and water wave are in Dxt not 32 bit..

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Can't report any performance hit with AS2012 SP2.

Dirk98.

aka Igor Petrov.

My gfx settings are all @ dtx where possible.

Oh, then mine was not only a sensation, yesterday. Looking towards AS2012 SP2 clouds I heard my cpu fan increasing its noise quite a lot, while, if I turned towards less cloudy sky, the noise decreased. I had never had this before. I use dxt textures too.

James Goggi

Has anyone tested how Maximum Cloud Layers slider work? I don't see any noticeable FPS hits at 20. But I haven't seen much in the depiction where there were 3 layers reported.

Yesterday I did some comparison flights with ASE (sp4) and AS2012 (sp2), the clouds in ASE seem more sustainable.

Dirk.

aka Igor Petrov.

SP: Having said that, overcast is much much better today in AS2012 vs ASE, have made dozens of screenshots right now over EHRD (chaged time offset -10 utc in FS Real Time). Don't know if Maximum Cloud Layers has made the difference or you've tweaked smth on AS server, lol. Will put up some screenshots in 5.

For the life of me I couldn't get that underlayer (or whatever you call it) in overcast condition in AS2012:

fsx2012-11-1323-46-17-78.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-48-35-21.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-47-08-72.jpg

Really nice.

But the tunnel is still there:

fsx2012-11-1323-52-52-34.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-52-49-49.jpg

all the above with clouds layers @20

See in ASE sp4 - no tunnel:

fsx2012-11-1323-37-09-64.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-34-48-56.jpg

All screens were taken at 4-6000 ft I think.

I have the same for OpusFSX, but I understand you're not interested in seeing them here.

Dirk.

aka Igor Petrov.

On the ground the o/c looks good too:

2012-nov-13-009-1.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-23-05-60.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-23-04-63.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-22-35-46.jpg

fsx2012-11-1323-21-46-55.jpg

Dirk.

PS: I use AS2012 SP2's clouds (all dxt where possible), but the sky textures from the free HDEv2 adapted to FSX.

HI Matt and Eric,

I would like to know what graphics you have used from As2012, only clouds or all? if all make sure your runways and water wave are in Dxt not 32 bit..

I use all textures available from AS2012. No 32 bit textures selected when option for DXT is available. Love the wx engine and graphics memory usage is hard. My GPU temp shoots up a lot when there is any more than just a few clouds.

Eric 

Hi NaMco

We are consistently improving on all area including graphics quality and taking ALL feedback , I have noticed you got issue with some clouds of doom compressed before, I recommend you to reduce this issue, with our clouds from SP2 and stratus clouds from SP2, In AS2012, you can select in separate wispy, stratus and cumulus and build your clouds, not limited to one total clouds sets without know what you will end up on some situation. You can see them quickly in the preview on the interface, SP2 Stratus, which blend all together for more realistic experience overall see the screenshots below..

Wow, thank you and forgive me for my late reply. I did have those compressed-look clouds, i still haven't noticed them while using AS2012, but if it's a graphic being drawn, they will show up sooner or later.

If i do find them again, i will follow your suggestion. Right now i just need to know when AS2012 injects cloud graphics, what happens to the existing ones in \texture. Or are these only injected into memory?

Thank you!

Nuno

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Ok ladies and gents, 2 have been banned from this topic and their posts deleted.

Please play nice or find a different sandbox. :unsure:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Just a reminder to all:

We appreciate input regarding problems you are experiencing with SP2 beta or constructive input in effort to improve it. That's why we are in beta phase. We are making changes and improvements addressing the input received. Note that a support ticket is most appropriate so that we can collect detailed information. Support tickets can be opened at our support center. If you have performance issues, for example, a DXDIAG log along with a log export from AS2012 would be very helpful, along with a full description of the problem and steps you take to reproduce. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Wow, thank you and forgive me for my late reply. I did have those compressed-look clouds, i still haven't noticed them while using AS2012, but if it's a graphic being drawn, they will show up sooner or later.

If i do find them again, i will follow your suggestion. Right now i just need to know when AS2012 injects cloud graphics, what happens to the existing ones in \texture. Or are these only injected into memory?

Thank you!

Nuno

It will overwrite the existent FSX folder texture, if each categories section are enabled in the install option, in this case it is the clouds, the issue you got before is related to the texture been too much hard which don't represent stratus clouds.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Why isn't it possible to have something similar to this?

James Goggi

Why isn't it possible to have something similar to this?

It is possible when your settings are correct.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Damian

2 questions:

I have Active sky evolution. Sorry for my stupid questions here as I haven't been over to AS site for months, mainly due to my first point below, so in short help me out.

1) I have never been able to upgrade as I have not been able to purchase a DVD copy. Living in africa, limited access, I just cannot download that kind of files. have this ever been addressed. At the time many months ago we also could only get the discount for the download version. I am still very much interested in getting back to use your weather (AS2012) and especially the new SP2, but for the life of me, I do not have resources to download gig's and gigs of data.

2) Have AS2012 or SP2 ever been able to resolve the "fog" issue of being in fog one moment and out of fog next moment. I know this is fsx, but there were some people being able to address it by adding some cloud layer around "fog" so that you always get that better transition from fog to clear area. Again this is a very personal preference to have good "fog" depiction.

regards

I do not have resources to download gig's and gigs of data.

To expand on this, not everyone has access to super fast Internet. Some people have strict download limits, and others have to pay by the megabyte. If they had the choice, they'd rather have super fast speeds with no limits and no extra charges, but these are not always available.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;