Sign in to follow this  
Kaly

Orbx England What Do You Think?

Wow! Based on the .kmz the area covered is even larger than I expected. I hope we will see more Europe from ORBX in the future (Norway, Sweden, Finland, please!).

Sweden allready has excellent freeware in development called SWED2011 that is almost ORBX quality. Norway however would be great. One of the most scenic places on earth!

But for now I'll let the Anglos enjoy their turf in ORBX dress.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Wow! Based on the .kmz the area covered is even larger than I expected.

It is indeed! Here is a picture of the kmz in Plan-G 2. The nice thing is you don't really need to load the kmz in Plan-G because it's pretty easy to see and remember when you are planning outside the Orbx area. (In NA I always have to load the kmz's because I never know when I plan a flight inside or outside the Orbx area...). With England you only have to draw a line from that VOR at the top to the K of Kingdom: above it there aren't any airports close, so that's easy to remember. En Wales is also easy: simply draw a line through the VOR near Cardiff and forget about the left part. You only have to remember Cardiff itself is out the region.

1353189877.jpg

BTW Looking at this I suddenly realize that Wales is a very small region... That shoulnd't take too long to finish. And it could be cheaper too... ^_^

Norway however would be great. One of the most scenic places on earth!

Ever since I started flying on the PC I've been wishing for GOOD Norway scenery: I've been on holiday there some 13 times during my youth and I would LOVE being able to fly there in FSX...!!!

How does Orbx England and GEX Europe integrate? Are they compatible or one has to disable one when flying in England?

Edmundo Azevedo

Wow!

Got mine first thing this morning and took a quick zap across London.

My usual frame rate is about 25-30 depending on which scenery is loaded and only dropped to 17-20 around the capital. Amazing considering the load.

Well done Orbx you have a new customer for life.

Blackrat

Ever since I started flying on the PC I've been wishing for GOOD Norway scenery: I've been on holiday there some 13 times during my youth and I would LOVE being able to fly there in FSX...!!!

Yep. There was an amazing freeware scenery for FS2004, but FSX killed the Norway freeware scene because of the increased complexity of addon creation.

There is a pretty good Norway freeware scenery in Beta, and the creators of SWED2011 have just started the Alpha work on a Norway scenery. Now we just need a really good DHC-8-100 to visit all those 800m runways that the Norwegian coast is so famous for. Only Alaska and Northern Canada have similar operating conditions to that of coastal Norway.

http://www.123minsida.se/SWED2011/

But I digress, have a nice weekend flying in England everybody!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Everyone stop downloading, I need to finish mine! :P

But really though is there a better place to download it off of? It's going to take me 9 hours at this rate! :(

The CDN servers are dotted all over the world, its a content delivery network designed to handle huge loads like this i.e. thousands of servers all over the globe. I downloaded at about 10AM UK time from CDN2 and got this;

speednew.jpg

Cheers, Andy.

Oh boy, seems like another must-have/must-buy scenery! Can't wait to buy it and bust the skies over England, I'm just not near my FS rig till Sunday evening. Off to download it now, anyways.

The CDN servers are crawling now, but still relatively faster than the other links (for me at least,) I'm crawling through at less than 100 kb/s :(

Don't forget to also add the excellent UK2000 scenery!

looks like there come compablity issues with uk airports with the new orbox eu hope they can get it sorted out

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

How does this compare to the VFR Gen X software? Thinking of buying it but with having real photographic scenery.. I'm not sure.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I have UTX + GEX europe + UK scenery 2000 (EGLC) + Mega Heathrow Airport and today bought ORBX england....i did not face any incompatibility issues.

Just make sure to have your scenery library in order:

1- Airport add ons

2- ORBX england

3- UTX

Keep in mind that you always have the option to switch off/on UTX europe and FTX england, however personally i did not.

Regards

Toufic

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM