Sign in to follow this  
Kaly

Orbx England What Do You Think?

They will just tell you you can email them for support, vote with your wallet instead.

Cheers, Andy.

They will just tell you you can email them for support, vote with your wallet instead.

Oh believe me they won't get another penny from me.

The Flight Sim Store sent me an email this week advertising FTX England. It included as a feature "- Hand placed super-accurate autogen" :)

Super and accurate are not words I would use regarding placement of the autogen that's for sure. Most of the buildings they place on the base image are grossly oversized and totally different to what should be there, just look for semi detached houses and terraces and you will see what I mean.

Cheers, Andy.

Just discovered my "temp" forum ban from ORBX for daring to question the quality of FTX ENG is a whole year. Yes folks, the boss of the company really is that childish.

I wonder what the consumer rights law on this is. Essentially I'm being denied the regular avenue to technical support for a product I have paid for. Perhaps I should seek a refund if the company is not willing to offer future support to my purchase.

unfortunately they have a separate "BANNED" support forum, where you can still post and get help if you are a banned user. I have heard of a few guys that actually do get support and even good support, even if they were so called banned users.. You just do not have any other posting liberties like standing on the wall proclaiming the ever greatness of the "silliest"..

So they have created a nice way out for themselves.. Cant really say you dont get support.

Only one way.. vote with the wallet..! Only problem is there will be 4 people joining the "hype" for each one leaving.. only to discover it is just a farce.. How long will it take that the majority open their eyes, we will never know... but I believe Karma is a real B&^&*. What goes around comes around..

... but I believe Karma is a real B&^&*. What goes around comes around..

but not always as quickly as is needed B) . I'll just get back on the "Awsome" stool". :LMAO:

Geoff Brown

unfortunately they have a separate "BANNED" support forum, where you can still post and get help if you are a banned user. I have heard of a few guys that actually do get support and even good support, even if they were so called banned users.. You just do not have any other posting liberties like standing on the wall proclaiming the ever greatness of the "silliest"..

So they have created a nice way out for themselves.. Cant really say you dont get support.

Only one way.. vote with the wallet..! Only problem is there will be 4 people joining the "hype" for each one leaving.. only to discover it is just a farce.. How long will it take that the majority open their eyes, we will never know... but I believe Karma is a real B&^&*. What goes around comes around..

Sad really.

Oh well. Will launched Paypal dispute I think. And writing something more visible elsewhere too. :)

I suspect the reason they focus on GA is because it takes a fraction of the time to create say a Goodwood size airport than it does a Gatwick or Stansted and you can sell it at maybe a little over half the price. Seems clear that Brisbane and Melbourne weren't great money spinners...

I am actually in favor of Orbx focusing on GA, but I don't agree that they are doing it purely for profit reasons. You already have great developers, in this case UK2000, with a plethora of large airports that mesh quite well.

Also I am surprised to hear so much discontent over FTX England. Sure there will be issues, but I am sure many will be resolved in upcoming updates. My understanding is that PNW had many problems initialy aswell, and much was ironed out over time. Also this is a new crew working on England. We should maybe exude some patience.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

/\ /\ /\ Good post.

As someone who lives in the FTX ENG area, I feel I knew what I was buying (eg... that my house wouldn't be in it, and that it is essentially a landclass-based product), and I absolutely love it. And that's not a*ss kissing to Mr Venema as I too find some of his decisions and 'strategy' perplexing. But I buy FTX products for ....... the products. :smile:

I knew what I was buying too. I just wanted the landclass...you know...to be in the right place not a couple of miles away.

For hundreds of square miles in the south west (and more widespread for all I know) the landclass is shifted away from the point it should be on the mesh and roads. As though a whole section has a simple error - rather than each village/town being placed wrongly. See what I mean? Like somewhere a whole section of the project got moved slightly in comparison with others. The places that are clearly wrong all seem to be the same distance and the same direction from where they should be. Which makes it seem this was the case, rather than individuals placing villages in the wrong place. They all seem the right distance apart, it's just like when one of my children pulls the table cloth a bit and all the place settings aren't quite where they should be. They didn't touch any of the plates, but now nothing is where it should be.

It would have been just as easy or difficult for these things to be where they should be. Putting them where they should be is not a big ask, it is not asking for FSX to be rewritten or something amazing to occur like unicorns defecating rainbows across the sky. No, it would require the same accuracy and skills to place the landclass layer where it should, than where it shouldn't. The only thing it that would be different is that someone checked it, you know, to see if it wasn't completely wrong again.

I think I have some kind of force field around me that prevents anyone actually reading the things I say. I explain my position and folks keep going "But mate, your house isn't going to be in the game".

I give up.

I'm a bit narked because I spent some money on FTX ENG and my house isn't in the game. I can't see my car or my garden. I thought this thing was going to be accurate. Surely my house should be in the game. ORBX is evil, my house isn't in the game. Or my local supermarket, or my shed. I wanted to fly around in tiny little circles just above my house, tight little circles so I could watch my virtual garden grow, but now I can't because ORBX is evil.

Just%20Kidding.gif

that my house wouldn't be in it,

I can see my house in South Shields in Generation-X :P

Join the club Grumpy. Someone, not long ago, said you could contact your bank to get a refund if you feel you have been treated unfairly after buying their products (who hasn't been :mellow: ). Typing this now makes me want to do just that if its not to hard to do.

I remember a couple months back some of us were told to appreciate that a 'banned users support forum' had been created for us.......my 10 year old sister would be insulted if we made her a naughty corner and told her to appreciate it if we sent her there.

I am actually in favor of Orbx focusing on GA, but I don't agree that they are doing it purely for profit reasons. You already have great developers, in this case UK2000, with a plethora of large airports that mesh quite well.

Also I am surprised to hear so much discontent over FTX England. Sure there will be issues, but I am sure many will be resolved in upcoming updates. My understanding is that PNW had many problems initialy aswell, and much was ironed out over time. Also this is a new crew working on England. We should maybe exude some patience.

the trouble is that some users havnt got much patience at all, expect everything to be perfect out of the box

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I can see my house in South Shields in Generation-X :P

Shush. It's people like you what cause unrest. :P

the trouble is that some users havnt got much patience at all, expect everything to be perfect out of the box

Who said anything about perfect? Not complete with a massive error is an entirely different thing.

Thank goodness that the customers of Boeing and Airbus don't think like that.

Wings? Wings? No we're adding them in a patch later.

I'm amazed that so many companies have apologists that are happy for them to release unfinished products, then actually attack paying customers for dissatisfaction. There seems something very wrong with that. No wonder the Flight Sim market is dying compared to ten years ago. It's become a ghetto with people happy to buy substandard products and defend to the hilt the companies willing to release them. Believe me such shoddy work would not stand in the mainstream games industry.

Bethesda has rightly been completely lambasted for the poor quality of its PlayStation 3 version of Skyrim. I didn't see people popping up saying "oh people always complain, you can't expect games to be perfect". It just doesn't fly in the world outside this strange little forgotten corner of gaming that is flight sims.

So let me get this straight because this is what happened to me.........

You got banned for a week for posting stuff on the ORBX forum then did not post anything else (because you couldn't) and then you have obviously posted here on AVSIM and have been given a one year ban?