Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raul_Hernandez

Ultimate Alaska X

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Can anyone recommend or comment on Ultimate Alaska X ? (from the makers of Ultimate Terrain).

It looks fantastic, but I heard some reports that it is very tough on frame rates?

Any users care to give their views on it?

I don't have it but have been thinking about getting it too. I've just been busy flying around Europe lately instead. But, here's a review if this helps you at all:

http://www.avsim.com...ght1/Alaska.htm

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I love it. Seems to run well on my rig. No big complaints and it looks great.

Love it, hard on frames around Anchorage, but other than that it is fantastic....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Great package. Excellent visuals and plenty of options to control fps in the 2 or 3 dense areas.

Brings Alaska to life!!

Go get it; you can't go wrong on this one!!

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

I too have been thinking of getting this, any good Black Friday deals for this?

I remember having issues around Anchorage, but the config tool allows you to tweak certain areas to your liking. For example you can turn off certain features in a specific city if you have FPS issues in that location. Anchorage was the only place I remember having issues in though, as most cities in Alaska are just small villages that shouldn't be dense enough to affect frames much at all.

All in all it's an awesome product, and I'd absolutely recommend it. Looks even better if you have GEX NA, not to mention other mesh and landclass addons.

I actually have a comparison pic of Tongass Fjords X and UTX Alaska

jXirVUPuD5kxr.jpg

jTEx8rnhZfzpa.jpg

So which is which?

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

The bottom one is Tongass Fjords X

Ok thats what I thought. I have Tongass Fijords X and Orbx Pacific Fijords. For the rest of Alaska Ive just been using FS Genesis Alaska mesh. So if I get UTX Alaska, will Tongas and Orbx still work if they are above UTX Alaska in the scenery library? Also I assume with UTX I no longer need FS Genesis Alaska mesh?

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I'm gunna give it to Tongass Fjords X for accuracy around the airport, everything else in the pic to UAKX. I was in wrangell a few weeks ago, albeit in the evening, and it seemed to had the tan-ish area around the airport as seen in TFX, though I thought it was grey. However, the near shore has trees almost all the way to the water, saw this from a ferry a couple days later. If I had to choose, I'd go with Ultimate AK X.

So if I get UTX Alaska, will Tongas and Orbx still work if they are above UTX Alaska in the scenery library?

Yes, this is right. This, of course, is also the case for the upcoming orbx SAK scenery, which will cover all southern Alaska, from Tongass Fjords up to Anchorage.

You can think UTX Alaska as the base layer over which you can lay any other more area specific scenery (Tongass, PFJ, SAK etc). This way you will have all of Alaska covered in much more detail than the default FSX scenery for the area.

Also, it's not fair to compare Tongass Fjord X with UTAlaska. The first covers a relatively small area, allowing much more detailed scenery. The second one covers a much wider area, at least ten times more than the first. You can't possibly ask for the same level of detail. Even then, it manages to be competitive to a point, to such area specific sceneries. A must have IMO for anyone interested to fly in Alaska.