Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Animation jump in flap retraction finally fixed

Thought you guys might like to know that we just fixed that weird small jump in the flap animation as they come up into the fully retracted position. We noticed the 777 doing it too (more pronounced in that case because they're bigger) and RSR just tracked down the cause in the code this afternoon - expect that for SP2!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So that means the 777 is even closer to landing:), btw never noticed any jumping in my flap retraction although i spend most of my time in vc

Thank you, Ryan. We look forward to it. :smile:

Gotta love the dedication of you guys. B)

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Yep I'd noticed this ok the NGX, even going from flaps retracted to flaps 1. One can only assume this is in the same coding. Great work!

Bravo! Another fine piece of work from team PMDG.

And Kev, nice try on coaxing some info on the 777. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, that's all I'm saying....

Yeah i tried my best lol.

Exactly its these kinds of little things that make me a pmdg customer for life. Makes me want to take my ngx out again but my work schedule just won't allow the time to do so :(

Exactly its these kinds of little things that make me a pmdg customer for life.

+1

Thanks Ryan!!!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Oh i thought he was talking the flap gauge on the NG, i notice it jumps when transiting from 1 to up, which i kinda like, makes it kinda look like the gauge is sticking.

Oh i thought he was talking the flap gauge on the NG, i notice it jumps when transiting from 1 to up, which i kinda like, makes it kinda look like the gauge is sticking.

That's how it is on the real aircraft. It takes longer to go from flaps 0 to flaps 1 and vice versa then it does to go to other flap settings.

Lee

Ryan,

would you mind giving us an idea of the changes/improvements that are to be expected in SP2? The plane is just great, there are only a couple of tiny things which would make it even better ;)

Rob

ps. not sure whether it´s a good idea (maybe too early) but what about opening an extra topic for SP2 related things to discuss (kinda would like to be fixed/improved topic)

I was hoping for a bit of a revamp of the flap animations so that their deployment would be smooth and without so many stutters. Hope it's within the realm of possibility.

I was hoping for a bit of a revamp of the flap animations so that their deployment would be smooth and without so many stutters. Hope it's within the realm of possibility.

wait a minute, Isn't that the entire point of this thread? Fixed smooth flap animation for 777 and 737NGX SP2? :ph34r: