Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

The FSUIPC is not bulletproof, it works about 98% of the time, which is why I reverted back to Windows 7. I never had a disconnect since. 

I stated a few years ago that this would be fixed in Windows 9 (before it was named Windows 10). 

I don't wish to be proved right, but it looks that way so far.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I echo what Jim said above.  Have been using each successive "fast ring" Win 10 TP build since the fall of 2014 and have not experienced a single joystick dropout.  The problem is resolved in Win 10.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

FPS in an open country cruise in ORBX land is easily 200+ with Win X + FSX SE.  Must be the SLI driver support on my rig.

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

This is the solution, why is the thread still going? 

Because its a useless and very unhelpful non-solution? I can't afford to buy FSUIPC at such a price just to get my joystick to not disconnect, a solution is not "Go spend money on this software so it just prolongs it." That is NOT a solution.

I need a real one because I can't even alt-tab to another window without this issue. It seems to be when you leave the FSX window, staying in it is fine, lasts forever, but as soon as you Alt-Tab then it's lost and I gotta do the task manager trick.

Because its a useless and very unhelpful non-solution? I can't afford to buy FSUIPC at such a price just to get my joystick to not disconnect, a solution is not "Go spend money on this software so it just prolongs it." That is NOT a solution.

I need a real one because I can't even alt-tab to another window without this issue. It seems to be when you leave the FSX window, staying in it is fine, lasts forever, but as soon as you Alt-Tab then it's lost and I gotta do the task manager trick.

The update to Windows 10 is completely free in the first year following release (29 July), and if you have a Genuine copy of Windows 7/8.1 then you will be able to upgrade your PC in place without losing FSX, and your drop-out issues are history.  Again, the upgrade to Windows is completely free and all the follow-on support for Windows will be free for the life of that specific computer.  Pretty bulletproof and you'll have the latest OS.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

I can't afford to buy FSUIPC at such a price just to get my joystick to not disconnect, a solution is not "Go spend money on this software so it just prolongs it." That is NOT a solution.

Assuming you don't have a Windows 7 license at your disposal, your only free solution for the time being is what Doug mentioned above - move to the Windows 10 pre-release and then to Windows 10 itself at the end of the month.

That being said, the vast majority of flight simulator enthusiasts have paid licenses for FSUIPC due to its significant list of features above and beyond control filtering, making the FSUIPC option the strongly preferred one in the community overall.

Good luck with your decisions!

-Greg

Are you running in windows mode? In full screen I have big issues with this, so now I run in windowed mode with FSX-Borderless. Works like a dream.

And as stated, there is no real solution other then FSUIPC and Windows 10. W10 comes out end of July so you've not got long to wait. But, maybe my tip above will help

There are now 2 cores that your apps can use.  Really depends on the device but the heavy one is designed for desktop.  Go figure.

Based on all the refactored OS code,  this is a really big thing.

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

There is no solution. All of the fixes only work under a 4 hour flight.  If you run fsx for 5 hours or longer, the joystick gets disconnected. 

Does Windows 10 fix this issue?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Did anyone here install Windows 10 unto 8.1? Just did it and did a flight but fsx froze and crashed an hour into cruise which btw has never happened to me. Uiautomationcore.dll is there and I'm not running with stupid amount of addons either. Just the 777 and Taxi2gate Doha with ASN and REX. 

Does anybody know what's causing this?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Remove the uiautomationcore.dll.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Darn,Jim, we may not make it to post 1000!

All the best :)
Jude

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020