Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

Purchases I have "not" regretted buying

The World certainly seems full of negativity and it's Christmas, so as a counterpoint to the topic "Regretted purchases" here are my "great purchases"

FSX, it's given me hundreds of hours of pleasure. PMDG 737NGX, the best sim aircraft I have ever flown, Aivlasoft EFB, just a really usefull product, I can even acces all my manuals whilst flying! ( on second monitor)

Okay guys/gals......your turn..;-)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I second those two, in addition; AS2012, OpusFSX, EzDok, UTX/GEX, Topcat

23.png

How could I forget EzDok, just amazing.....my bad.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Aah, the Noctua C14, I have the same :)

For me, the best addons are the ones you can use for every flight.

- NGX (well I exclusively fly this bird anyway)

- Realair Turbine Duke and Realair Legacy if I occasionally want to take it slower and lower or go VFR

- ActiveSky 2012

- REX

- GSX

- TopCat

- EzDok

- Aivlasoft EFB

- FSCommander

- FSUIPC

- FS Flight Keeper

- FS2CREW

And the next best thing will definitely be PFPX

Mathieu Souphy

Me too. I have little to regret - some because I am an enthusiastic and spendthrift adopter - but in all not too much.

I am an unapologetic P3D convert, but let's leave it at that

Orbx scenery just keeps on keeping on. Where it doesn't exist I have UTX and GEX that is pretty darn good, although in fairness I do little flying in Africa or parts of Asia.

Aersoft and UK 2000 make great airports, also FSDreamTeam - and with the competitive spur from Orbx airports they get better and better.

PMDG NGX is outstanding, but the incomplete BBS Airbus is very good, and the best at the moment. However Aerosoft will put out their new Extended, and BBS an upgrade probably next week, so I suspect there will be two fine airbus to fly.

The Majestic Software Dash 8 now in beta testing I think will revolutionise flightsimming in the year to come.

As to GA aircraft there are so many to choose from .. anything from A2A (they have a great Cub) and for me, Carenado, is good - and I enjoy the MilViz Cessna 310. I don't want to be negative but Captain Sim and Abacus for aircraft should be approached with care. For those who like military aircraft there seem to be many types available

I use REX textures, not the weather engine, Opus for weather over the best scenery I can get. The investment in a well cooled powerful rig is illustrated well by Tom above. Smooth is our objective and only a medium high cpu and videocard will give us that.

Also be sure about what you want to do. I guess I enjoy the technicalities of large commercial aircraft, but others like the thrill of low flying in mountainous terrain. Its the great thing about our hobby..

The Majestic Software Dash 8 now in beta testing I think will revolutionise flightsimming in the year to come.

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

NGX, AS2012, Ezdok, LevelD 767, RCv4, and this badboy

20121124212454.jpg

are things i could not do without!

Chris Howard

The ones I don't regret, the ones I feel I have had value from:

Radar Contact

FSGenesis Mesh

UTX / GEX / REX

ASE

FS Commander

FSUIPC

NGX

RealAir Dukes & Legacy

Eaglesoft CXv2

The Carenado C208 may get added to that list as well, although I have just got that ... ....

.... ... and things I have NOT purchased that are well worth a mention:::::::::

Plan G

SimLauncher

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

OOh yes,

Sim Launcher, Plan G, FSCommander 9 (it and Plan G do the same thing slightly differently)

Real Air Duke, Malibu, FSUIPC is given and a must.

Can someone give me the URL to EZYDOK it looks as if I need to have a good hard look at that.

OH heck, Aivlasoft EFB or just use Dropbox, or Air? to extend your desktops to your iPad or tablet.

Nice to see a positive thread, and in that vein I will start with FSX and Acceleration. These were gifts, not purchases, but without them the rest of my list means nothing.

But for actual purchases, the few that I use all the time and love the most are the ones that integrate seamlessly with FS X, and I forget that they are not part of the original program!

- Fly Tampa Hong Kong

- PMDG 747-400

- FSL Concorde

- FS Dreamteam's Ground Services X

- Just Flight's Traffic 2005 (updated for FS X), still unobtrusively enhancing every flight after all these years, with no input from me

An honourable mention also goes to:

- Pro Flight Emulator, mainly because it enabled me to use ProFlight 2000 in the end, an add-on for FS 2000 that passed me by at the time, since FS versions were coming and going so quickly in those years!

Michael

Anything from FS2Crew [no affiliation].

OpusFSX

ngxu_banner.png

I wouldn't want to be without any of these:

- PMDG's NGX

- FS2Crew (I'm still surprised how many NGX drivers still haven't tried this, you don't know what you're missing guys...)

- FSUIPC

- AS2012 (at this time primarily for it's great cloud textures)

- GEX

- UTX

- OpusFSX

- Track-IR 5

- FSGenesis mesh

- Aivlasoft's EFB

- Lots of Aerosoft airport sceneries

- Aerosoft AES

- Lots of other airport sceneries from various developers like UK2000, FSDT, FlyTampa etc...

Then although not a product per definition online flying on IVAO or VATSIM...to me this might very well be the single one thing that makes my simming "As real as it gets..." more than anything else. I remember many years ago when I first started looking into online flying I almost felt scared and nervous to make stupid mistakes in front of others sort of speak but today I never fly offline. To me that would feel like being all alone in a dead world when you've gotten used to online flying. So for anyone who has a serious interest in realism and haven't still tried online flying I can not recommend that enough!

And then last but definitely not least not a FSX-related product but still of great use to us simmers since many of us use a second PC for various addons. It's a freeware product called Input Director found here -> http://www.inputdirector.com This program/utility will in a very easy way let you control both your computers (or even more computers if you have them) with a single keyboard/mouse. It's very easy to setup and will work using your existing network between the computers so no hardware switches or similar needed and you simply drag the cursor over to the computer you want to control just if you had several monitors connected to the same computer only in this case you not only have several monitors but also computers. This is really a brilliant program !!!

Richard Åsberg

- RealAir Lancair Legacy

- PMDG MD11

- Most things from ORBX (except maybe Brisbane, because it tends to give me OOMs, but I definitely don't regret it either)

- Anything from FlyTampa, but on the other hand I regret buying Dubai, because it shows what FPS would be possible in very dense urban areas if only the developers put more effort into it

- Aerosoft Balearics, Anchorage, Munich, Innsbruck, Venice, Heraklion

- TropicalSim LATI, KDCA

- FSDT Geneva, McCarran

- Carenado Caravan, Baron, King Air B200

- Alabeo Waco YMF5

- SibWings Pitts

That's about it, most everything I have in use right now (except for some more sceneries and some aircraft that are in my hanger, but I mostly use some of the listed ones).

Flo