Sign in to follow this  

Folks,

Can you please reccomend realistic Addons/DLC's for FSX? Thinking about what i want for Christmas...

Aircraft ideally Commercial, and not GA either (Carenado make everything great, so i know where to go there), but i don't mind what you recomend, ANYTHING! From the Beech 1900 to the A380...DONT CARE!

Bearing in mind i already have the NGX and QW 757.

Thanks Guys!

For a steam gauge plane with some modern details, the Simcheck A300 still rules my sim skies. Highly underrated plane with a slight downside on the graphics at times but plenty of system details. Also comes in at a nice price.

And, olden but golden, Leanoardo's Maddog still is my benchmark when it comes to features, details and all those little things. Not to mention that the plane itself is a unique flying experience.

Or get yourself a kick and be a Captain with A2A B377 Captain of the Ship. Now that's something different but still allows airliner flying.

The PMDG J41 is fantastic if you enjoy short regional flights or turboprops.

Have you considered Realair for GA aircraft? The Dukes and Lancair are fantastic.

If you enjoy short regional hops but flying turboprops isn't your thing, have a look at the QW BAe 146. Since you have the 757 you'll be able to know if you like their products or not.

PMDG's aircraft are absolutely fantastic, top notch, 100% amazing aircraft. If you like the idea of spending lots of time on the ground prepping the aircraft for departure, you'll love the MD-11 and 744. Don't forget about the 747-8 and 737-600/700 expansions. They're a great way to expand the PMDG birds.

Or, if you want someone to help you with stuff in the cockpit, have a look at FS2Crew.

And of course you can wait just a few days for the Airbus X Extended, I think it'll be out by Christmas.

Anyway, good luck with your choosing and Merry Christmas. :smile:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you Both, at the moment i was thinking of chosing between:

PMDG J41

QW 146/RJ

WILCO/FT ERJ135/145

ERJ175/195

CRJ700/900/1000

Or any other Turbo Prop commuters... in terms of Jetliners i'm waiting for that PMDG 777 ;)

Your list looks good. On the Feelthere planes, make sure to look at the V2 of the 135/145. Some shops still list the older V1 release. Their Embraers are really good though, with the 175/195 offering pretty neat avionics. The setup is different to what Boeing and Airbus planes feature, so it may be a nice change.

Is there already a good CRJ around? I only recall Aerosoft working on one with the Digital Aviation team. They are behind schedule, but, from previous releases, can handle nice and detailed planes for sure.

For very small commercial services, the Flight1 BN-2 Islander is a nice candidate. Not many places where it can't land. Well, it's not very fast, so you really should keep the route short. I love the sound on that one and it makes a perfect match for island to island transfers. As with all the Flight1 stuff, one can test it for 30 days.

Don't forget about the 747-8 and 737-600/700 expansions. They're a great way to expand the PMDG birds.

I wouldn't particularly recommend purchasing either of the PMDG B747 packages at this time. Wait until the V2 comes out in a few months. Even if you do purchase the PMDG B747, purchasing the McPhat Studios repaints is better than purchasing the B747-8 extension, as the latter has very mediocre visual quality, which detracts from the beauty of the B747-8's wings.

Consider the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang (C510) if you are interested in smaller aircraft but want to retain the jetliner feel.

If you don't have OPUS yet, you would do well to consider it. OPUS is software that managements the weather, provides the capability to make custom camera views, and also provides the capability to customize aircraft vibrations, turbulence, etc. It is in my opinion the most realistic weather management/rendering software available at the moment.

Happy Holidays

Danny

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

Danny- Not really into that kinda stuff, yet. Would rather build up a hanger! :)

Owen- i was considering waiting for PMDG's 747 V2 to come out anyways. Mustang sounds good actually, i take it, it feels nicer than the default Lear?

"CoolP" (you may wanna sign your name! ;) ) - Hrrm. Fair enough, i'll think about the EMB, i may have already changed my mind, haha! I was looking aat the BN-2, not 100% sure, in terms of shorthaul, i would rather stuff which lots of airlines fly, or have good Private Liveries...

thanks Anyway

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!

Owen- i was considering waiting for PMDG's 747 V2 to come out anyways. Mustang sounds good actually, i take it, it feels nicer than the default Lear?

The Flight1 Cessna C510 is very easy to fly, especially in comparison with the highly sensitive default G1000 aircraft. I do not fly the default Learjet, so I do not know how the flight dynamics of the two compare. The visual quality is quite high, although not as high as that of Carenado or RealAir. I think most people would be satisfied with it. It has a few minor "issues", such as the lack of VNAV and mediocre engine sounds. Some people have performance issues with it, but I experience approximately the same amount of frame rates as I do with the PMDG B747.

If you are up for some freeware, there's a nice Piaggio P180 around. http://forum.avsim.n...-p-180-v30-r518 Works with the RXP GNS530 if you like.

The VC optics are old, but the system detail and features (e.g. an interactive checklist) are top notch. Watch your engines! ^_^ Not to mention that the plane itself is unique and very fast. Beautiful hand flying too.

These are all great suggestions. Don't forget about the Milviz C310 and BE 55. Also, truly greats. They also have that KingAir coming out off in the future. Bernt Stolle did the flight dynamics on all three.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

In my opinion, only addons where failures and mismanagement are simulated are realistic. A2A aircraft meet this criteria.

Yes, but I wouldn't ignore a good product just because of its lack of simulated failures. Failures in real life happen very infrequently compared to the number of hours many aircraft are flown. While the inclusion of simulated failures enhances realism, I would still prefer good graphics and suitable systems for normal procedures over a good failure system. Of course there should be consequences if you perform the normal procedures incorrectly, though.