Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Jetstream over NYC

Wow, that does seem simple enough. Set it and forget it, which I like. I've yet to go 64 bit, however, and might do that after Christmas with a dedicated harddrive for a Win 64 install. Will it work with 32 bit, or do you think the image data would cause the sim to choke? I've recently upgraded my system (specs under my name to the left), so I'm wanting to get back into flying. Previously, I just couldn't run high enough settings to make it enjoyable for the long term, but that's definitely changed. Given the improvements I've see in 32 bits, I can't wait to see it in full 64 bit glory! :D

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Well I've tried it in both 32 & 64. There is a big improvement in smoothness for 64. However that is the case with or without this scenery. It did not cause any hit on my frame rate either way. However load times when starting a flight from an airport in this area takes a little longer to load. I've had the same issue in fsx when using megascenery. You can go ahead and try it now. If you have xp running well in 32 mode, this will only increase the initial load times. But should not effect fps. Have you not yet updated to the latest beta? If so the scenery wil look a lot sparser because they added a lot of new autogen recently. I also saw a big improvement when I increased my memory. 64 bit xp on a 64 bit OS with 16 gb of ram, is a wonderful thing. Ram is so cheap now too.

Rob

Rob

Wow, that does seem simple enough. Set it and forget it, which I like. I've yet to go 64 bit, however, and might do that after Christmas with a dedicated harddrive for a Win 64 install. Will it work with 32 bit, or do you think the image data would cause the sim to choke? I've recently upgraded my system (specs under my name to the left), so I'm wanting to get back into flying. Previously, I just couldn't run high enough settings to make it enjoyable for the long term, but that's definitely changed. Given the improvements I've see in 32 bits, I can't wait to see it in full 64 bit glory! :D

No need for a separate install, just update to the latest beta and you will have both 32 and 64 bit executables. Just run whichever you prefer. It is worth trying v10.20 for the much improved autogen!

No need for a separate install, just update to the latest beta and you will have both 32 and 64 bit executables. Just run whichever you prefer. It is worth trying v10.20 for the much improved autogen!

True, but I have some work related software on my comp that's not compatible with 64 bit.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Various pics of the BAE 31 over NYC, Also a few bonus pics in Alaska. (Aircraft needs to be de-iced)

Absolutely gorgeous shots!!

Nice to see the J31 don't see it very often, beautiful shots Rob!

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

PLZ HELP!! are you running 32 bit 10.20b9 or the 64bit I have recently purchased the jetstream however with the new updates 10.20 I am not able to get a lot of my switches on the 3-d cockpit to work in the 64 bit version, havent tried the 32 bit. Same with my CRJ, Dash 8, 777, and now the Jetstream it is really annoying if someone could give me some insight that would be great.... Gorgeous shots BTW, im stoked to go home and try the photoreal scenery generator?