Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

My new cockpit build in pics...

It looks like you get full view ahead and the instrument without zooming out much. Nice !

I use Ezdok, which of course allows me to place my viewpoint anywhere I like...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Very nice setup. I cannot say how many times my "better half" has thought about leaving me because of my project....

FLSSim100812.jpg

The key (trust me here fellas) is to remind them that all the time and money spent on such a project is better than being gone off all day and night at who-knows-where spending who-knows-what on things that only make you say and do silly stuff. Wait. What am I saying? I sit in a Learjet mockup and pretend to fly from one airport to the next over a span of a few hours and in reality have not moved one bit....

Not so sure my advise will work out all that well for ya! :-)

Hey, love the cockpit Eric... unsure whether I'd have the patience to build something quite so sophisticated though...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hey, love the cockpit Eric... unsure whether I'd have the patience to build something quite so sophisticated though...

Thanks. Some days, I wish that I had a really nice generic setup though! Love your project Howard.

I really like the shell you built. What did you use for materials?

The base and main support was an old desk from Ikea! I then extended the width of the surface by adding about 3 inch fillets on each side, this just added a little more surface area that I felt I needed. Then the shell itself was MDF. The sides and tops were just painted with emulsion paint. The rest was covered in a leather style material I got from a Dunelm store.

Howard

Dang that looks good Howard, I want one. :Cry:

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

Howard that looks really awesome! :good: A few questions if you don't mind:

I've set up a second monitor and all is well, having the virtual cockpit on the left and a few panels on the right screen, similar to how you show above. The problem is that if I go back to windowed view, for example if I need to pause FSX to do something else, then going back to full view puts my panels back on the left screen and I have to re-position them.

Just curious but what's the panel to the right of the FMC below (I think) the ATC?

What's the left screen going to be used for, a second PC?

Howard that looks really awesome! :good: A few questions if you don't mind:

I've set up a second monitor and all is well, having the virtual cockpit on the left and a few panels on the right screen, similar to how you show above. The problem is that if I go back to windowed view, for example if I need to pause FSX to do something else, then going back to full view puts my panels back on the left screen and I have to re-position them.

Just curious but what's the panel to the right of the FMC below (I think) the ATC?

What's the left screen going to be used for, a second PC?

Hi Tom, sure, you can't drag panels to a second monitor while in windowed mode, as the panels are effectively integral with FSX and run within the program. Only when you run fullscreen and FSX runs across the two monitors is that possible. To run on a second monitor while in windowed mode requires running separate panels via WideFS or similar.The panels I have running on my second monitor are the CDU, FS2Crew along the top and then ATC and below that is the freeware panel FDSFX, which effectively is a collection of prerecorded cabin announcements that you can switch on and off whenever you like. It is simply superb for the immersion factor. I've added some of my own music and announcements that I've found elsewhere. If you need to get hold of the app PM me and I'll try and find the link.

The screen on the left is now hooked up to a second computer that runs Google earth, Navigraph with charts and Flight sim commander. FSC needs to be hooked up via a network and at the moment that I can't get that to work, but given little time it will be fine. I also have a place for the Ipad on the right, that runs a moving map using an app via WiFi and it also has a fuel and descent calculator. Here's a pic of the absolute final build... BTW: Don't look too long at my wiring skills, because basically, I don't have any :lol:

yvnY.jpg

Howard