Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

My new cockpit build in pics...

Very nice. I really like how to your setup gives you the flexibility to fly any addon aircraft and you are not locked into just one type. Well done.

Mark   CYYZ      

Very nice. I really like how to your setup gives you the flexibility to fly any addon aircraft and you are not locked into just one type. Well done.

Sure, that has always been a dilemma Mark. I fly the NGX as much as I do the Realair Lancair and Sibwings Bird dog, so a yoke or a good stick?? I think I've accomplished a cockpit that fits in with most aircraft and it actually does feel like a cockpit!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Great stuff Howard. I incidentally bought the Thrustmaster Hotas joystick based on your vid review. I get it tomorrow. Cannot wait.

Eric

Great stuff Howard. I incidentally bought the Thrustmaster Hotas joystick based on your vid review. I get it tomorrow. Cannot wait.

Eric

Hi Eric, just remember when you open the box for the first time and you lift out the Hog, be prepared for a big smile to grow across your face :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi Eric, just remember when you open the box for the first time and you lift out the Hog, be prepared for a big smile to grow across your face :wink:

Already prepped. :rolleyes:

Hi Tom, sure, you can't drag panels to a second monitor while in windowed mode, as the panels are effectively integral with FSX and run within the program. Only when you run fullscreen and FSX runs across the two monitors is that possible. To run on a second monitor while in windowed mode requires running separate panels via WideFS or similar.

Just to clarify this point. For a long time I have been bringing up a panel while in windowed mode and then right clicking on the panel and undocking it. That puts it in it's own window which can be dragged on to another monitor.

Eric,Howard, great job, everything looks really professional ..Well done gentlemen !!

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Just to clarify this point. For a long time I have been bringing up a panel while in windowed mode and then right clicking on the panel and undocking it. That puts it in it's own window which can be dragged on to another monitor.

Hi Jason, mmmm, well that is interesting... I am assuming that is only possible with native panels within the aircraft? I've never been able to do that... I'm pretty sure it will not work with FS2Crew or FDSFX or any addon that is not direcctly part of the aircraft's own panels... but happy to be proved wrong...

apologies Jason, I'm talking out of the back of my head. It's been so long since using any type of windowed mode that I had forgotten that you right click on the panel, and this includes external panels such as FDSFX and FS2Crew, and this brings up a menu which offers 'undock' window as an option. So yes, thanks for reminding me of this little trick...

Howard

Yes this works thanks, although I like Howard's second PC idea. Since I always run FSX in full screen mode and my right screen is a lower resolution, so I'm not spanning (ie I'm using duel view mode), then if I have FSX windowed on my left screen and undock the panels to the right screen, then going to full screen mode and back again is fine now. It would be great to have Navigraph on the iPad!

Just downloading FlightDeck Sound FX Panel...

Hi Howard!

After seeing your amazing cockpit, I went home and threw rocks at my setup! BEAUTIFUL! I especially love the throttle quadrant mounting you did - along with the joystick flush-mount!!! I'm incredibly jealous! You are QUITE the handyman! I can't even begin to fathom how long this must have taken to build! I keep looking at your photos that you posted, and drooling. Thanks for putting it into pictures - so we can see what amazing things CAN be done!

Happy New Year!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Hi Howard!

After seeing your amazing cockpit, I went home and threw rocks at my setup! BEAUTIFUL! I especially love the throttle quadrant mounting you did - along with the joystick flush-mount!!! I'm incredibly jealous! You are QUITE the handyman! I can't even begin to fathom how long this must have taken to build! I keep looking at your photos that you posted, and drooling. Thanks for putting it into pictures - so we can see what amazing things CAN be done!

Happy New Year!

Hi Robert, a happy new Year to you too matey! I have to say, it did take far more effort, money, thought and time than I had imagined. I thought I'd have it sorted within 3-4 days, but in practice it took the best part of two weeks. It probably seems a little silly when some of the guys around here will take months to build a cockpit! But anyway, I needed to get it up together pretty quickly because we had just moved house and I needed the space to be sorted in my office before I could fit anything else in!!! It does take a lot more space in my office than I would have liked!!

Howard

im%20Not%20Worthy.gif I too have cockpit envy! It's unfortunate that your office is impinging on your flight deck :yahoo:

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

im%20Not%20Worthy.gif I too have cockpit envy! It's unfortunate that your office is impinging on your flight deck :yahoo:

You don't know how close to the truth that is Robert :lol:

Howard