Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Current status of Pro-ATC?

Hello guys,

First things first

to all members, readers, contributers.... a very prosperous 2013, happy flying and a lot of quality addon's for whatever flightsimulator you fancy.

and my question.

Can Pro-ATC be installen over a network?

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

New version is out!

http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcx_e/download.html

New features

- Airbus X Extended is now supported but with limitations caused by AXE

- PMDG L-NAV/V-NAV: The copilot is now additionally able to activate L-NAV/V-NAV after takeoff.

- Creating flightplans for PMDG/AXE without adding the SID is now supported - just in case you prefer doing it manually.

- Now when calculating vectors, PRO-ATC/X always tries to implement real waypoints (VOR/NDB/Intersection). This makes things easier when adding vectors manually through the FMC.

- SIDs/STARs can now be displayable in the flight planning window.

Fixes

- Due to the new option "Force runways used by AI", wind heading wasn't recognized anymore correctly when this option was de-activated.

- Flightplans created for approach and missed approach are now working again as they should.

- Flights with a cruising altitude below 10.000 feet (GA) now work as expected.

- Altitude restrictions on STARs now work as expected.

- Due to an error on "Align scenery with AIRAC", on some Airports all runways have been disabled for takeoff and for landing. Please re-align!

Thanks Jeroen :rolleyes:......and a new Video BTW, you forgot that bit :huh:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thanks Jeroen :rolleyes:......and a new Video BTW, you forgot that bit :huh:

Where is the new video alpha117? Thanks :-)

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Tested the new version: things are looking better and better! Even good! Assigned runways were okay, descent into Heathrow too, the .rte without the SID was loaded perfectly fine, all in all I had a very nice (short) flight with realistic ATC! The future looks bright.

Now I finally have the time to enjoy the little touches that make this addon better then the default ATC, like not having to open an ATC window in order to acknowledge something or to ask 'say again', having the option to not have any text onscreen (apart from ATIS and when you start a conversation with ATC), having an option to check the assigned runway, altitude, SID, STAR, transitions, etc in the game, being able to request startup and pushback, being informed with relevant information when on the runway (and wished a good flight, thank you). Of course there also are things missing (requesting another approach and ATC controlling AI also being the most important ones for me) but they are working on it and I think they will get it done.

I really love it how you get assigned a SID and STAR (and sometimes a transition) at the appropriate time without having to think about yourself (I always had problems with that part of flightplanning). And it's a relief to not being bothered with useless handing over to various controllers ten times a minute and to not be vectored all over the country... (although I am also looking forward to getting vectored by ProATC/X when the STAR ends in an odd position...)

Anyway, I am happy with my purchase after all! Never thought I would say this so soon after what I posted last weekend... ^_^

Wow sounds so exciting! And I cant even test it out yet. Have to do a reinstall on my simulator. Something screwed it up and I get OOM's 5 minutes in. UGH Troubleshooting time.

It is really great to see their commitment and the updates having actual improvements. The training videos are a great addition too and hope that this software really catches on in the community. We were really needing something like this as Vatsim while very real is spotty at best and is not everywhere.

The speaking of voices and controlling AI will get there. I have no doubt about it.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Guys, how's Pro-ATC/X cooperating with AS2012sp2b3 weather? No anomalies?

Are there any plans for Voice recognition or MCE integration?

No problems here with ProATC and AS2012. Trying to figure out what you mean by anomalies as ProATC has nothing to do with AS2012. I remember some saying it crashed their system but think that was system configuration as I have always had AS2012 and never experienced those crashes.

I think you should register and log in and ask about voice recognition. I doubt it will ever be implemented but then ProATC gets better every day and who knows. It should work with MCE but it would be a complicated setup for many users. I personally would not like to see this. The easier to run a program, the more fun it becomes.

Best regards,

Jim

Can Pro-ATC be installen over a network?

Don't see why it would not work. If you have the talent to get two computers networked with FSX, it should work. But you already have a co-pilot with ProATC. You can disable all of his functions though and use a friend networked on another computer.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey folks, just some clarification.

I've looked over the Pro ATC stuff, and watched on the tutorial videos. I also watched some user created videos on the site as well.

I realize this is an ongoing developement, just wanted to see what the goal was for the product.

By this, I mean; are they shooting for something along the lines of the realism of radar Contact. Or, is it just mainly to enhance the default FSX ATC?

I ask, because of watching the user vids, a lot of inconsistencies as to real/proper ATC procedures and comms.

But, if the goal, is to just enhance the FSX ATC stuff, looking good for that. I'll keep an eye out, to see if they will someday accomadate flights in FS Labs Concorde X. Right now, that appears to not be implemented as of yet or perhaps may never be implemented.

One of these days, I may try the vatsim thing. I fly for a living, so that wouldn't be difficult to use.

I have Radar Contact 4.x, perhaps I should revisit it's use. Just looking for something better than FSX default. Usually, I don't fly with ATC, I act as my own ATC with procedures. Especially, when it comes to flying Concorde X

Just some thoughts and questions.

Best,

David

Hey folks, just some clarification.

I've looked over the Pro ATC stuff, and watched on the tutorial videos. I also watched some user created videos on the site as well.

I realize this is an ongoing developement, just wanted to see what the goal was for the product.

By this, I mean; are they shooting for something along the lines of the realism of radar Contact. Or, is it just mainly to enhance the default FSX ATC?

I ask, because of watching the user vids, a lot of inconsistencies as to real/proper ATC procedures and comms.

But, if the goal, is to just enhance the FSX ATC stuff, looking good for that. I'll keep an eye out, to see if they will someday accomadate flights in FS Labs Concorde X. Right now, that appears to not be implemented as of yet or perhaps may never be implemented.

One of these days, I may try the vatsim thing. I fly for a living, so that wouldn't be difficult to use.

I have Radar Contact 4.x, perhaps I should revisit it's use. Just looking for something better than FSX default. Usually, I don't fly with ATC, I act as my own ATC with procedures. Especially, when it comes to flying Concorde X

Just some thoughts and questions.

Best,

David

Hi David,

Not sure by what you mean by accomadating FSlabs Concorde. The ATC in my opinion is way better than default. Sids and Stars are incorporated and the latest update adheres to the altitude restrictions pretty nicely. Your are also vectored properly and not all over the world like default ATC.

The videos so far have been mostly on how to use the options and the in house flight planning which would not export to the concorde directly. But the ATC itself works with any aircraft. So make a FP using your favorite planner than export it to ProAtc so it knows what your flying as per the video instructions on the latest video tutorial, and be on your way.

Last update has made a big step forward. Really nice improvements.

Moving map indicates your active runway, and you can quickly see your taxiways as well according to the AFCAD you have with your scenery.

Hope this is what you meant.

Dave

CYVR LSZH 

Hi Dave, Thanks for the info.

In regards to Concorde X. It's my understanding that the highest altitude selcectable, is FL 450. Concorde used FL600. Also, due to how the Cruise Climb system operated; based on conditions, Concorde would climb or sometimes decsend slowly to maintain the cruise condition. I understand ProATC will ding you on this. Also, Concorde's checklist are very specific, so I don't think the checklist functions would work for this aircraft right now.

As mentioned above, the extint of proper ATC phraseology etc. Hence my query re: goal of this prodcut. The devs. seem to be very proactive on improvements, so I believe this will be a contantly improving product. I will continued to look at the enhancements made. Most likely, will purchase the program after Concorde X is usable to it's fullest extint.

Best,

David

Hi Dave, Thanks for the info.

In regards to Concorde X. It's my understanding that the highest altitude selcectable, is FL 450. Concorde used FL600. Also, due to how the Cruise Climb system operated; based on conditions, Concorde would climb or sometimes decsend slowly to maintain the cruise condition. I understand ProATC will ding you on this. Also, Concorde's checklist are very specific, so I don't think the checklist functions would work for this aircraft right now.

As mentioned above, the extint of proper ATC phraseology etc. Hence my query re: goal of this prodcut. The devs. seem to be very proactive on improvements, so I believe this will be a contantly improving product. I will continued to look at the enhancements made. Most likely, will purchase the program after Concorde X is usable to it's fullest extint.

Best,

David

You can customize the checklists. The phraseology is pretty good, albeit is more tailored to european phraseology. Expedite climb as opposed to climb and maintain here in North America. To me expedite means make it a rush climb faster etc. Those are minor things though.

The voices and background chatter getting better as well. Ive bought the REAL ATC voice chatter for even more variety.

But as for your other concerns re the Concorde, your best to ask the developers. Get on the forum and register. You dont have to own it to register. You will get an reply pretty quickly.

CYVR LSZH 

The voices and background chatter getting better as well.

I actually disabled the background chatter and have FSX ATC on in the background at a lower volume. I noticed the ProATC/X chatter can still get in the way when you want to contact a controller (you have to wait until the chatter is done) and (obviously) the chatter is random and has nothing to do with what I see around me: FSX ATC is actually reacting to what's happening around me and I like that. (I am looking foward to what ProATC/X will do with the AI in the future!) It's also nice being able to clearly hear when ATC is contacting me (because ProATC/X is set louder on my PC then FSX ATC). And obviously is also very nice that you can talk to ATC whenever you want without having to wait in line... ^_^

FSX ATC is actually reacting to what's happening around me and I like that. (I am looking foward to what ProATC/X will do with the AI in the future!)

Hello

Once ProATC actually talks to the Ai around me like every other ATC program manages to do I will be buying it for sure.

Canned ATC loops playing randomly is hardly realistic and just gets repetetive.

Just the Ai chatter and also the ability to have the ATC text display on a networked machine and ProATC will have nearly caught up with the other packages.

Which is impressive given the short time it has been in development

Hello

Canned ATC loops playing randomly is hardly realistic and just gets repetetive.

Can anyone tell me just how repetitive these loops are, or are they of long enough duration that it's not a problem?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776