Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

A Little Encouragement for more XP10 Scenery

I think it may be useful for members of the X-Plane community to write to Flight Simulator X developers to cross-over their products to XPlane.

MegaSceneryEarth is currently expanding their product line for Flight Simulator X. I would like to be able to use their scenery so I wrote to them and asked if they would produce X-Plane scenery. The answer was after they finish the whole USA, they would make X-Plane compatible scenery. To me that is good news because I like photoscenery.

You can write your support wishes to: http://www.megascene...&mode=contactus

Happy New Year!

Jim Morgan

To me that is good news because I like photoscenery.

Hello Jimmy

I'm curious, I've never used photoscenery before and was wondering if Xplane autogen works alongside it? Looking at some MegaScenery pics, it looks like there is no autogen on there.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I have tons of Megascenery scenery for FSX and the autogen does still work with it. I'm not sure about their newer stuff, but Megascenery earth tiles did still have autogen on top and it looked pretty good for most areas. Some areas have poor satellite imagery though, but that’s not Megascenerys fault.

That being said, I'm having more fun making my own satellite scenery with G2XP. X-plane10's autogen fits on it perfectly and with LOD set to 18, its a very clear. I did the NY area, Chicago and Seattle and they all came out looking great, but it uses 150GB of space and took a whole day to download. It may be hard to see in these pics, because its so jam packed with autogen, but underneath its all satellite scenery.

Rob

3-56.jpg

2-63.jpg

5-50.jpg

Those pics look awesome!

I'm glad autogen works fine with photoscenery. Its alwas good to know there are alternatives out there.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

That being said, I'm having more fun making my own satellite scenery with G2XP.

What kind of fps do you get with the converted aerosoft scenery and the satellite photos? Are you using HDR turned on?

Cheers

Steve

What kind of fps do you get with the converted aerosoft scenery and the satellite photos? Are you using HDR turned on?

Cheers

Steve

the converted Manhattan X eats up a little. Maybe 2-3 FPS, but less than it did in FSX. The Satellite Scenery makes no difference for me on FPS, but does take an extra 2 mins to initially load a flight in this area. All together, I still get a respectable 29-32 FPS in the area on my machine.

Rob

Megascenery's 2.0 offerings are so good I disabled autogen as the ground seemed to pop on its own. I was hoping to be able to use the two states I own VA/MD with Xplane, but if they will be offering another round of products I won't be buying unless they start offering major discounts, Once you get your favorite state or states, theres no point in getting anymore at full price.