Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

ORBX World is here!

is there a single global landclass product instead of having to buy loads of different ones?

MyWorld Landclass X. I have never heard anyone use it or seen a review of it though.

That said. If you choose to buy some of the other regional products you can just install them and make a zip file after the fact. That way you just unzip it to you addon folder if you need to reinstall it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

So i should hold out buying all the UTX regions and see what people think of ORBX World?

So i should hold out buying all the UTX regions and see what people think of ORBX World?

Actually I would think UTX + FTX Global would be a perfect match.

Actually I would think UTX + FTX Global would be a perfect match.

Sorry I meant GEX!

*sigh*

Can a moderator change the title of this thread since the product is not out yet? I was digging for my credit card but it turns out it was nothing but an announcement. Thanks, OP.

:(

I agree...no actual release yet booooooo.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I may give it a try once there is more information and plenty of screenshots. As for what JimmiG wrote above I would be extremely hesitant about joining the P3D bandwagon, LM is a defence contractor and a very large one at that.

\Robert Hamlich/

Any news yet? I really need good scenery!

Orbx posted some time ago that ETA is june, maybe earlier. So don't wait for it now already!

Orbx posted some time ago that ETA is june, maybe earlier. So don't wait for it now already!

I will prob hold off buying GEX or ORBX England and save my money for World!

*Multiple platforms*

Like FSX and P3D? It's a statement easy to read a lot into.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Any news yet? I'm really tempted to buy GEX but trying to hold out to see what Orbx World is like.

I wonder how this will interact with those areas already covered, Austrailia, New Zealand, PNW, England (and any future plans for Eurpean areas). Will they continue to develop these sort of specialyl detailed areas on top of this ?

I'm actually wondering this exact same thing. Will ORBX Global include the ORBX regions like AU, NZ and NA - that were already created before, or is ORBX Global just a texture replacing program that still won't beat the ORBX regions?

...or is ORBX Global just a texture replacing program that still won't beat the ORBX regions?

That's it. FTX world is basically the same as GEX. You can buy a base package or a kind of subscription package that will get you free updates to landclass and airports (like the upgraded airports in the FTX regions. The FTX regions are far, far more detailed though, so yes; FTX world won't beat the Orbx regions

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

FTX Global does what GEX does, and then some.

For me GEX is not an option for the following reasons:

- FTX Global is cheaper - $100 for the whole world.

- ORBX have superb textures for wilderness areas, especially, highland, marshland and tundra - which cover most of the Northern part of the world.

- FTX Global has better coverage - the entire world.

- FTX Global can be used in both FSX and P3D at no extra cost.

- ORBX have no activation system or any of that crap. Buy, download and install with no additional hassle.

ORBX have no activation system or any of that crap. Buy, download and install with no additional hassle

I've bought every Orbx addon form the FSS shop and it verifies my purchase online everytime before I can install it. So it's buy, download, verify and install. Still no big hassle but whenever FSS goes out of business, we're screwed. (But that goes for almost all addons!)