Sign in to follow this  
catchman

Coolsky DC-9 SP1 on Final

Espen remarked that it was sent to Flight1 several days ago and that it should appear online very soon. See here. Still no news on the paintkit from McPhat <_< .

Anthony Cacciatore

Lol :)

Thanks for the HU

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

McPhat blew it on the sale of this one for me, I was interested in a good DC-9, but no paintkit is ridiculous, and I'm not even sure I could be happy about indirectly supporting them even if they release it now.

Just for reference, we do not sell the DC9, Flight1 sell the DC9 on behalf of Coolsky.

We made the model, interior and graphics Only.

The paintkit, I don't know about yet, more emphasis has been placed on assisting with SP1.

With all due respect, I don't care.

Please let me explain why.

This DC-9 has been a textbook study in how companies should not handle a.) customer service and b.) joint productions.

Coolsky and McPhat, in their own right, are excellent companies. Both have produced great products for many years. I applaud your past and continue to look forward to your future.

But I don't care about 'who did what' on the DC-9. Flight1 might sell it, Coolsky assembled and programmed the system, but you, McPhat, are also an essential part of the process.

We made the model

So you're saying you made the model? I'm no rocket scientist or programmer but my gut tells me that a paint-kit would be necessary to cover the model. I also have a feeling that you've had four months since release to come up with a paint-kit OR assist one of the other two companies involved with doing so. Instead, we have all been treated to Coolsky and you airing your dirty laundry for months as we, your customers, flounder with an incomplete product.

Get it done. Cooperate. Leave any personal issues behind closed doors. I don't care who did what or who hasn't done what.

Anthony Cacciatore

Dude...

Buy it or don't buy it... its that simple.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

4 months without a paint-kit is a little bit 'longish' though... Don't you think? :rolleyes:

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

To me the single most important thing is that the Service Pack fixes the graphics overload problems (such as the random polygons appearing) that have plagued many people, including myself. Since Coolsky and Mcphat have, from all appearences, been working this problem dilligently for several months, it stands to perfect reason that they cannot release the paintkit until the 3D model is finalized, because the texture templates rely on the underlying model.

So In my opinion, people should just cool down about the paintkit. If somebody is so horny to paint the airplane, instead of complaining about the painkit, why not just paint your custom layers into the existing texture sheets and then when the paintkit finally arrives, it should only take a short period of time to transfer your layers. In other words, people enthusiastic to paint the DC-9 need not sit around idle.

I don't really care too much about the Paintkit issue for now, but it seems to get most of the publicity. :mad:

I was eagerly awaiting the release of this Aircraft, I love the DC-9. As soon as it was released I was about to grab it, but started reading different opinions about it, some reporting bugs / issues, some loving it. So, I've been waiting, watching, reading what I can here, but I find it hard to get a good feel for whether the issues are valid, serious, or only minor. I have read about the impending release of a Patch, the release of "unofficial" hotfixes etc, but I still can't find satisfactory reviews by members here to judge if I should just buy it (yet).

All links point to the Support Forum, but of course, you have to own the aircraft to see any worthwhile (detailed) info on possible issues.

Bit of a "Catch 22 " for me. I know it's Flight 1 and I can get a refund, but I'd prefer to avoid that if I can.

I still want to get this one, but I'd love to see some more open info to help me decide. Hopefully, we get some reliable feedback after the release of this latest Patch.

Warren

A very good approach, I guess the problem is that some people have no issues whatsoever (myself included), while others appear to have a few problems from graphics issues to poor fps and blurries.

However, the concensus remains the same, it is a really good representation of the old DC-9 and a pleasure to fly.

Good luck making a decision ;)

First might I say thank you to all who respond.

Secondly, despite what most think about publishers, this is a secondary job, so we don't all sit around a table twiddling thumbs, watching the cash roll in and laughing at customers ask about paint kits.

The close working together of both companies has put the SP as a priority, even above our next project which is also on-going, and be pushed back a few months already.

So you're saying you made the model?
No, I paint the interiors, Jamal made the model, and has been working on the above mentioned issues to track down the issues with flashing squares etc. with Terrence and Espen.

a.) customer service
This is very simple, Coolsky is the sole source of issues with the aircraft, Mcphat 'Us' are who you contact if there are issues with the textures we released in the WA or Cockpit texture packs, you will also find the responses are quick on both companies.

Get it done. Cooperate
This is just impolite, you could ask a question rather than trying to give an order, we are quite friendly on the whole, so speaking like this to others earns no respect.

Service Pack is now released as I type this,

it is available here.... http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=uadc9classic

Grrr... Downloaded but claiming invalid key (using original purchase key). Off to Flight1 to see what's going on...

Thank you for the service pack. I hope to try it later tonight.

This DC-9 is awesome. It has incredible potential. But so far much of its delivery has been difficult. You can't argue with the facts. And you (I'm speaking in reference to all the involved companies, not anyone in their individual capacities) have to understand your customers have been frustrated whether it be about the paintkit or need for the service pack or both lasting months after initial release.

I don't want to know how the sausage gets made, I just want it to be of good quality and value. So that is why I get tired of reading about who did or didn't do something. I don't need to hold anyone personally responsible. I just want to fly the DC-9 without a CTD and have access to a paintkit.

And I'm sorry if you see my opinion as impolite. I will admit that my response was brash. I just want things to work as promised within a reasonable time-frame without having to figure out who did what, why, how, and who is going to fix it now.

First might I say thank you to all who respond.

Secondly, despite what most think about publishers, this is a secondary job, so we don't all sit around a table twiddling thumbs, watching the cash roll in and laughing at customers ask about paint kits.

The close working together of both companies has put the SP as a priority, even above our next project which is also on-going, and be pushed back a few months already.

No, I paint the interiors, Jamal made the model, and has been working on the above mentioned issues to track down the issues with flashing squares etc. with Terrence and Espen.

This is very simple, Coolsky is the sole source of issues with the aircraft, Mcphat 'Us' are who you contact if there are issues with the textures we released in the WA or Cockpit texture packs, you will also find the responses are quick on both companies.

This is just impolite, you could ask a question rather than trying to give an order, we are quite friendly on the whole, so speaking like this to others earns no respect.

Service Pack is now released as I type this,

it is available here.... http://www.flight1.c...ct=uadc9classic

Anthony Cacciatore

No Fear,

In my initial response, I was responding to the post just before mine :)

I haven't tried the new version with the service pack, will have to give that a go, as it's bed time here lol.

The fixes will always come from Espen's mouth first :) as really this is his baby, I know he loves the MD's.

It was fun, if not a long project to work on (around a year and a bit for me).

Hopefully the flashing bug is sorted fully now, We had that problem in the early beta's then it went away, It was only in the initial release when it got out there that the bug resurfaced, got to love PC's and their numerous variations and FSX tweaks lol.

I'm hoping now that there will be time for Terrence to finish up the paint kit, He's been busy with the old ATR for X-Plane aswell after that release.

Even I don't have a paintkit for the exterior yet, I'd love to do a few freebies for it, been a while since I did outsides rather than insides, there's some lovely colourfull ones that caught my eye a while back.

Anyway's, back to interiors tomorow on the next project,

safe flying, and hope all your wishes come true for this year (including the paint kit :))