Sign in to follow this  
captain420

I'm an ex X-Plane 10 convert

Yes I know they are, but I was hoping for PMDG and other great developers like OrbX, UK2000, FS2Crew, Flight1, etc to make all their beautiful planes for XPX.

You do realize that the groups you mentioned, if/when they make the move to X Plane, will be "rookies". It's like a world class sprinter suddenly deciding to make the move to nascar racing. Lots to learn.

Unless, of course, they contract an x-plane developer to help them out.

It's not addon aircraft you need to worry about. It's the addon ai traffic, weather and atc that are possibly going to have a toll on Xplanes performance, not so much addon aircraft. As Goran stated, it's been done for years, nobody has hit Xplane with a heavy add on like weather, well see.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

It's not addon aircraft you need to worry about. It's the addon ai traffic, weather and atc that are possibly going to have a toll on Xplanes performance, not so much addon aircraft. As Goran stated, it's been done for years, nobody has hit Xplane with a heavy add on like weather, well see.

REX made an xplane 9 addon

XP night is stunning no comparison to FSX but those clouds are a mess looks like your flying thru clouds created by a fire or something weird colors. Haven't tried it but from videos I have seen not sure why they look like that.

Rich Sennett

XP night is stunning no comparison to FSX but those clouds are a mess looks like your flying thru clouds created by a fire or something weird colors. Haven't tried it but from videos I have seen not sure why they look like that.

they are BETA CLOUDS :lol: :angry: BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol: xp10 is not complete. I don't understand all the cloud hate, they look awesome on my pc and settings. I have clouds at 100% puffs.

Easy just from what I have seen they look weird want to post a link to something that shows them off ?

Rich Sennett

REX made an xplane 9 addon

Ya great, ok, so whats going to happen when you have an addon for weather, ai traffic and atc all going at the same time. Don't forget there basically non existent at the moment in XPX. There there but may as well not be. Then and only then will it offer what FSX offers with it's addons. If XPX can rip along like it does now with a ton of addons, more power to it, but I highly doubt it. It will suffer just as FSX has. Probably not as bad seeing as it's 64 bit now, but the sweetnes you see now, will get soured a bit, it has too. Add load to the sim or the system and it's going to suffer, just depends how much and neither you nor I know that until we see XPX loaded down. ^_^

Edit: Geeez people, Xplane is always and always will be in beta, always has been, always will. Austin calling these interim releases final is a joke. Nothing has been final in Xplane for years. The only time it's "final", not really, is when he offers a new version to make more money, then he claims a final version, 7-8-9-10, the cycle continues, final, never.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Easy just from what I have seen they look weird want to post a link to something that shows them off ?

777_v10_2_zps1e3fa4bc.png 100% puffs

Ya great, ok, so whats going to happen when you have an addon for weather, ai traffic and atc all going at the same time. Don't forget there basically non existent at the moment in XPX. There there but may as well not be. Then and only then will it offer what FSX offers with it's addons. If XPX can rip along like it does now with a ton of addons, more power to it, but I highly doubt it. It will suffer just as FSX has. Probably not as bad seeing as it's 64 bit now, but the sweetnes you see now, will get soured a bit, it has too. Add load to the sim or the system and it's going to suffer, just depends how much and neither you nor I know that until we see XPX loaded down. ^_^

Edit: Geeez people, Xplane is always and always will be in beta, always has been, always will. Austin calling these interim releases final is a joke. Nothing has been final in Xplane for years. The only time it's "final", not really, is when he offers a new version to make more money, then he claims a final version, 7-8-9-10, the cycle continues, final, never.

very true, but it's fun :drinks:

another little review from a new xp10 buyer: Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:48 AM on avsim:

Wow, I bought X-Plane 10 Global tonight, after dinking around with it for a very short time, I was STUNNED to see how smoothly it ran "right out of the box" in 64-bits! It comes in both 32 & 64 bit versions, but if you have a newer PC, you will undoubtedly want to play in the 64-bit 'beta' world (release 10.20). I was floored when I saw how good the overall experience was with ZERO add-ons. It is far superior to FSX au-natural - the vehicles and roads and overall scenery in X-Plane 10 demo area of Seattle, USA are simply incredible. The Space Needle at Seattle in XPX is very detailed and well-rendered, the rain and lightning effects are great, and you don't have to buy all manner of weather programs, upgraded textures and AI traffic - it's all 'built-in'. The flight dynamics of the default airplanes are pretty nice too, and I haven't even got my hardware configured perfectly yet.

If you're 'fed up' with Out-of-Memory errors, stutters, shimmering and the other painful elements along with endless tweaking of your system settings, I -strongly- recommend taking a spin in X-Plane 10 64-bits. It's like a breath of fresh air. Yes, there will be some setup/configuration to do, but once that's done, you're golden. It has DIRECT X 11 support built in!

For about the price of ONE FSX add-on, you can finally dump the troubles and start enjoying great looking simulation with great flight dynamics and no more of those OOMS and CTDS! If PMDG would release the NGX for X-Plane, I would be totally thrilled. Then, if I could talk VRinsight into writing X-Plane 10 driver interface, I'd probably pass out!

The freeway traffic is drop-dead gorgeous, the rendition of the roadways and vehicles blows FSX off the map. A TON of road traffic, far in excess of anything I've ever seen in FSX - and performance to die for. The key is 64-bits, uses all of your ram, if you have 16 GB or more and 64-bit Operating System (Vista or Windows 7) along with a multi-core CPU and decent GPU, you will be well rewarded if you try out the demo.

XP10 could be there.

They just need a development team that takes some of the more basic needs of the community seriously.

We need freaking airport buildings (this should be the most basic addition that never should of been left out). Most want landclass, not a made up world. They want ATC to work on a basic level. They want a real AI system.

Fix those four things and you'd be on the same level as FSX features wise for the most part plus what XP10 already does better. Then things could really take off with 3rd party developers. Right now though the market isn't there because too much of the core is missing.

See this is what people who like the basics of XPX don't get: flight simulation is about more than the FDE and the 3d model and lighting. FSX has ATC, traffic that interacts with you including via ATC, a massive navaid database with a massive placement of lots of runways reasonably accurately, a weather system, bad as it is, with updates from Jeppesen's in real time, modeling of atmospherics at different altitudes.... all working together. And third parties have built extensively on top of that.

It's the whole experience that counts. I've tried Xplane and as good as it is with its rudimentary physics and graphics engine etc.... it still seems like a dull toy by comparison. Beautiful at first glance but then what?

See this is what people who like the basics of XPX don't get: flight simulation is about more than the FDE and the 3d model and lighting. FSX has ATC, traffic that interacts with you including via ATC, a massive navaid database with a massive placement of lots of runways reasonably accurately, a weather system, bad as it is, with updates from Jeppesen's in real time, modeling of atmospherics at different altitudes.... all working together. And third parties have built extensively on top of that.

It's the whole experience that counts. I've tried Xplane and as good as it is with its rudimentary physics and graphics engine etc.... it still seems like a dull toy by comparison. Beautiful at first glance but then what?

xplane is like a little baby, it's still growing :lol: FSX is an eldery person in a retirement home :lol: and fs9 is dead but still moving like the zombies on the tv show:

:LMAO:

xplane is like a little baby, it's still growing :lol: FSX is an eldery person in a retirement home :lol: and fs9 is dead but still moving like the zombies on the tv show:

:LMAO:

LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️