Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

captain420

Everything you want to know about EZDOK/ECZA/Views/Zoom/Default and more

Okay guys, I thought I will make an official thread for those of us who are confused about the view system in FSX. I know it can get very confusing, especially for someone new to FSX. It certainly did for me. I'm just now getting the hang of it and would like to share some helpful tips or useful information for others on here. Please forgive me if this information is already on here, but I thought it'd be nice to have 1 thread that covers everything. Ok, let's start.

First off, many of you who play FSX are most likely not using the built-in view system and are using a 3rd party addon called EZCA better know as EZDok Camera Addon. You're going to be likely using one or the other and not both simultaneously as this will cause a lot of strange behaviour and conflicts. If you have this addon install, notice that when you start up, that *MOST* of your planes will have a default zoom of 0.40. This can be changed for each aircraft. The files are all located in:

C:\Users\{your_username}\AppData\Roaming\EZCA\db\ (you will have to configure your settings to allow you to see hidden files and folders.

Each aircraft has its own configuration file and it is stored here. There are 3 folders in here for the 3 distinctive views: aircraft, virtual cockpit, and world. To edit your default view for a particular aircraft, go to that folder. If you want to edit the default virtual cockpit view, then go there and look for your plane's name and load the file up with a text editor. Notepad will do.

To change the default zoom level, look for an entry called Zoom=xx, it should be right under [CAMERA]. I believe the a Zoom=26 will get you a 0.30 zoom level when playing. That is the lowest you can go. Once you made your changes, just save the file, and it will pretty much be instantly refreshed when you switch to another view and switch back, you will see your new zoom level!

Another thing to look out for is, have you ever encountered a problem with non-clickable buttons when under cockpit view for a certain aircraft? Well the problem with that is, your zoom level is too far back. To fix this, just enter 'EDIT' mode in EZCA and move that view forward until you can click the buttons. I had to find this out the hard way.

For those of you who are using an xbox 360 controller with the wireless receiver. Make sure you have the controller turned on before starting FSX. I notice that if you turn it on afterwards, EZCA won't recognize the controller.

I was struggling a lot in the beginning with all these views and zoom levels, and now I have a better understanding. Hopefully this information will help others out there. Feel free to contribute to this thread. I will post more helpful stuff as soon as I learn more.

CoolP not at all. The more tips and advice we can get in this thread, the better it will be for everyone. :)