Sign in to follow this  
XPX64man

Captain Mike Ray has a New NG Book

Hi Robert,

Yes,I logged straight in, so his site is working ok.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Hi Robert,

Yes,I logged straight in, so his site is working ok.

Regards

That's crazy! I can't get on his site at all.

That's crazy! I can't get on his site at all.

Hi Robert,

Not sure why you can't get onto his site. I used the link at the bottom of your post and I used the basic web address...http://utem.com/ Both get me to his shop front. What happens when you try and log in? what message do you get?

When I did a Google search, "can't access a website" many ideas came up. One is below which offers several ideas. I did see a common solution that said (if cable) to disconnect your modem from your computer. Power the modem down, wait for 5 minutes or so, re-power it up, reconnect to computer and see if this is better. I guess if you use wifi,then simply power down your modem, wait then re-power it up again.

Maybe this might help? http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-if-You-Can't-Access-a-Particular-Website

Best of luck....

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Hi Robert,

Not sure why you can't get onto his site. I used the link at the bottom of your post and I used the basic web address...http://utem.com/ Both get me to his shop front. What happens when you try and log in? what message do you get?

When I did a Google search, "can't access a website" many ideas came up. One is below which offers several ideas. I did see a common solution that said (if cable) to disconnect your modem from your computer. Power the modem down, wait for 5 minutes or so, re-power it up, reconnect to computer and see if this is better. I guess if you use wifi,then simply power down your modem, wait then re-power it up again.

Maybe this might help? http://www.wikihow.c...ticular-Website

Best of luck....

Regards

Thank you Geoff. I'm going to try some of these. I do have cable and since all of my browsers and all of my (5) computers get the same errors (website is not available, Google Chrome could not find utem.com, Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage), maybe powering down my modem and router might be the answer.

I will let you know. Thank you for your help.

Bob

Just ordered the download version for $20, but my order confirmation says I still have to wait for order processing.

A little annoyed I have to wait for a digital download product after my CC is already charged, but I saw some of his articles in the link posted earlier and it's top quality stuff.

I'm sure the wait is worth it.

...says I still have to wait for order processing

You don't actually have to wait for anything. The order process is a bit odd; just login to your account on the site and when it comes up find the "downloads" tab on the display - the file is there for download.

DJ

MPORTANT NOTE: When you purchase your download, you will find the files ready to download and place onto your computer by going to "MY ACCOUNT" and "LOGIN". Once there, select the "DOWNLOADS". The file(s) will be listed under the "ACTION" column. You will also find the code to open the file (if necessary) listed under the "'DESCRIPTION" column.

Just ordered the download version for $20, but my order confirmation says I still have to wait for order processing.

A little annoyed I have to wait for a digital download product after my CC is already charged, but I saw some of his articles in the link posted earlier and it's top quality stuff.

I'm sure the wait is worth it.

You'll get the link pretty quick.

is this a good substitute for the PMDG manuals as I cant afford them?

Amazon are selling it quite cheap: http://www.amazon.co...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I'll certainly do this if I can't get on Cpt. Mike's website within a few days. I would rather buy the hard copy right from his website if I can, but thank you for letting me know it's available from Amazon.

Thank you Geoff. I'm going to try some of these. I do have cable and since all of my browsers and all of my (5) computers get the same errors (website is not available, Google Chrome could not find utem.com, Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage), maybe powering down my modem and router might be the answer.

I will let you know. Thank you for your help.

Bob

You might try clearing your cache. If you had tried to get in previous to some change in the website, clearing your cache will reset your inquiry for a clean attempt.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Did anyone, who has already purchased the new book/download, notice that during the checkout process the website did not show it was secure? I got to the credit card entry page and the browser's url area didn't indicate a Lock icon or an https:// url. I stopped there and didn't make the purchase. I tried with Chrome, Safari and Firefox and had the same indication for each.

The site is secure. I queried Capt. ray about this a few months back. The processing is done by a third party not directly by him. I had no issues.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

You might try clearing your cache. If you had tried to get in previous to some change in the website, clearing your cache will reset your inquiry for a clean attempt.

Thank you. I tried this yesterday.

What is funny is that I have several computers with different browsers, and I can't get on his website from any of them. I tried shutting down my modem and restarting it.

I'm suspecting that something might have happened on his end, after I made the download purchase of the 737NG Syllabus, and maybe my IP was accidentally blocked from his website. I did get in contact with Cpt. Mike, and he said that he is checking with his webmaster.

I received an email from Mike Ray today. He said he will be contacting his web site developer to resolve the un-secure url in the checkout process.

is this a good substitute for the PMDG manuals as I cant afford them?

Hi Chris,

Mikes books are not 'manuals' as such, more like very detailed, "how to do a check ride from cold and dark" and goes through many facets of the aircraft operating procedures. It seems though this book maybe more detailed. When you downloaded the 737NG, all the manuals were included in the download as PDF files. Sure, it means you have to print out what you need, but if you don't want to do it, maybe worth a trip to your local print shop for a quote.

I'd think print the QRH and the FCTM, with the FCOMv1 and FCOMv2 as PDF reference

If you have an Ipad, or spare laptop, place them on there and save printing.

Regards

Geoff Bryce