Sign in to follow this  
XPX64man

Captain Mike Ray has a New NG Book

I bought this and had a quick flick through yesteday. The detail is astonishing and I am looking forward to flying the tutorial flights which are the most indepth I have seen for FSX

I bought this and had a quick flick through yesteday. The detail is astonishing and I am looking forward to flying the tutorial flights which are the most indepth I have seen for FSX

Yeah, Cpt. Mike's books are always a pleasure to read, easy to understand and very informative.

I got mine working great within my Nook Color Reader.

I got mine working great within my Nook Color Reader.

Cool. I have several iPads of which one is dedicated purely for my FS manuals, charts and piano sheet music. Tablets are amongst the best inventions of modern times.

I already have few books from Captain Ray and really like them. My order was almost completed for this one but the site seems not secured and also shipping outside of USA would be 80$. Is that the right price? Thank you and best regards.

Real Deraps

I already have few books from Captain Ray and really like them. My order was almost completed for this one but the site seems not secured and also shipping outside of USA would be 80$. Is that the right price? Thank you and best regards.

The actual purchase is secure. It is handled through a separate commerce site.

The full color book is in the $80 range. These books cost a lot for Cpt. Mike to publish, especially since they are not being printed in huge quantities.

The black and white versions are about half that price, but I believe I would rather get the color too.

Yes the color one is 89$ (and i'm interested in buying it) But if i'm not wrong the shipping cost is 80$ that means a total of 169,00$. Is it right? Also, i think a secured site always begins by HTTPS (S for secured) and on his site that HTTP only. I really want to make sure here that i won't share my personnal infos with everybody on the web.

Best regards

Real Deraps

I received an email from Mike Ray today. He said he will be contacting his web site developer to resolve the un-secure url in the checkout process.

Yes the color one is 89$ (and i'm interested in buying it) But if i'm not wrong the shipping cost is 80$ that means a total of 169,00$. Is it right? Also, i think a secured site always begins by HTTPS (S for secured) and on his site that HTTP only. I really want to make sure here that i won't share my personnal infos with everybody on the web.

Best regards

I've purchased books from his website before and never had any problems. You might want to email him (he is very friendly and he always answers) and let him know your concerns.

As far as the shipping, that doesn't sound right, but it may depend where it has to go.

I already have 4 of his books and you're right, i've never had problem. I just want to make sure that the site is secured and confirm the shipping price (outside of USA). 80.00$ only for shipping is too far expensive. There must be a mistake. Anyways, i've just sent him an email and i'm sure he will answer my questions. Thank you guys.

Best regards

Real Deraps

I already have 4 of his books and you're right, i've never had problem. I just want to make sure that the site is secured and confirm the shipping price (outside of USA). 80.00$ only for shipping is too far expensive. There must be a mistake. Anyways, i've just sent him an email and i'm sure he will answer my questions. Thank you guys.

Best regards

Good luck Real. Let us know what you find out.

Bob

I just want to make sure that the site is secured and confirm the shipping price (outside of USA). 80.00$ only for shipping is too far expensive.

Ummm Real, You are in Canada and it costs $80.00 for freight? and you are on the same continent as Mike. I live in Australia, on the other side of the world and I pay the same freight. I think Mike needs to look for another freight company.

I just checked Amazon(us) for you......Buy Mikes book at Amazon, it appears cheaper and their freight is about $10.00 to Canada...see http://www.amazon.co...8&nodeId=596192

Amazon(ca) did not seem to have the total range of Mike Rays books, if they did, you qualify for local freight or better?

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Finally it will be 30.00$ for shipping. I still find it quite expensive but when you want fast delivery......

Best regards

Real Deraps

I just purchased the B&W print version at Amazon for less than $25 including two day delivery. (vol 8)

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Finally it will be 30.00$ for shipping. I still find it quite expensive but when you want fast delivery......

Best regards

I've been reading it on my Nook, and it is well worth it. I will definitely want the color version too.

I'm glad that you got it straightened out.

Thanks mentioning this Mike Ray, as a total flight sim newbie I looking to mine the minds of experienced pilots like Mike a d experienced simmers like yourself. I particularly like the idea that you can buy his articles for a couple of bucks.

The book is just as good as the tutorials you get with the PMDG! Also there is another person who made a tutorial for the NGX called noble air or something. Stick with those, read the FCOM and FCTMs and save some money.

I've got this book but found alot of it the same as the tutorials but prob in a different layout and it looks more fun with help and tips but you can find them anywhere.

The book is great for newbies yes but for the little advance no!!!

I have got an updated FCOM and FCTM from a RW pilot than one you get with the PMDG so if anyone wants it PM me cheers.

These books are however worth buying from this site, the 737 NG cockpit companion and the FMC user guide.

http://www.cockpitcompanion.com

Vernon Howells