Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

The PMDG of GA world?

Realair Lancair

A2A CAB

An old one Dornier 28 from Digital aviation

Carenado C337 with Bert flight model

SorrY Where we can find the mod for flight model, I did search but found a panel fix from Bert Pieke.

I want a plane that is of the same type of quality and feel that the NGX gives to commercial aircraft. I would like something that can climb high, go fast for cross country hops but can still get into tight small airstrips. A great accurate VC and FDE are a must! Maybe it is a GA still in development as I don't mind waiting. So with that I turn it over to the good folks who frequent avsim for advice on what to purchase. Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Depends on what flavor of GA you want but with your criteria the Baytower RV-7 is the top of my GA list. It is the most versatile of the bunch. TO/Land in about 800', cruise around 160kts, aerobatic, IFR/VFR X-country capable. It can get pretty high, I got it up to FL220. Great FDE, visuals, etc, lots of repaints available.

The Legacy is like the NGX of GA, good all around plane, fast, slippery, not a bush plane, but you can get it into all the typical GA strips.

The A2A civil P-51 is awesome, but it is a warbird, and handles like one, requires high level of pilot proficiency and will keep you on your toes.

If you have a liking for vintage and exotic, the classics hangar BF-108 is awesome. great STOL too.

The Aerosoft Katana is great, very complete simulation of a GA, but a bit on the slow side.

For Twins, the Dukes, 310 are awesome choices as well.

I would like something that can climb high, go fast for cross country hops but can still get into tight small airstrips.

Those indicate a tendency to fly medium to long range segments, such as 500 NM or more? Especially the mention of high and fast. Is that the case?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Turbine Duke fits that bill.

If you want the most systems I'd say the Aerosoft Katana. But it is very slow.

A2A P51 Civilian mustang is superb but not good for short field.

My favorite is the Realair Legacy though, especially with RXP 430/530W.

Finally consider the Flight1 Mustang with G1000 - superb with navigraph.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'll add to the already overwhelming Realair majority! I absolutely love the Duke and Legacy. They all hand-fly with such precision and ease. I found the piston Duke was one of the first FS aircraft where I really got the feeling that I got when actually flying real aircraft. You get used to it and you just know what power setting will result in the desired performance from the aircraft. You can trim it up and let it fly too. The turbine Duke is awesome in terms of sheer power and performance ... but you gotta remember you are flying a turbine and keep ahead of the power curve when necessary. The Legacy is just an all-around fun airplane to hop around in from time to time. Rock-solid as an instrument platform, but just as willing to do barrel rolls, tight turns, and vertical maneuvers!

Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox. Short version: If Realair produces it and it has a place in my virtual hangar, I'll purchase it.

~Shaun O'Neil~

An additional vote for RealAir's Duke, both piston and turbine, and Lancair Legacy and Milviz's C310. . . and if you enjoy slower flying, keep an eye out for RealAir's upcoming Cessna 172 Skyhawk due out soon I hope!

JJ

SorrY Where we can find the mod for flight model, I did search but found a panel fix from Bert Pieke.

Yep, right sorry. I was on the impression that there was an FDE model from Bert Stolle as it was mentionned in a thread about best GA airplane about one month ago. But I checked on my drive and I dont have any addition except Bert Pieke Collin Nav radio fix.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Those indicate a tendency to fly medium to long range segments, such as 500 NM or more? Especially the mention of high and fast. Is that the case?

Yes, exactly.

Eric 

Those above are IFR aircraft mostly you will be filing IFR and flying much the same as the NGX, if you really want to try something different then get yourself a personal L-39 jet, no autopilot!

Great fun, and very well made addon.

Also I second the A2A Mustang. You can do IFR on the civ Mustang and VFR on the mil version. It CAN do small strips in comparison to passenger jets. It had to land in some harsh conditions during the wars.

Those two are the "PMDG" of their class.

Or back to basics, no lights, no gauges, VFR only in the A2A Cub. Crosswind landings on short fields are incredible fun, and the float version is great as well if you fly ORBX. But that's not high and fast.. I know but sometimes getting back to basics is fun.

The Duke Turbine is great, but even faster is the Pilatus PC12, a single-engine turbo with STOL capability, long range and fast speed, not to mention a good view from the cockpit. It is a slightly bigger aircraft (6 passengers) and comes with a cargo version, and is more tolerant of abuse than the Duke turbine (in the latter, abusing the engines will get you an engine failure pretty quickly).

Henri

Henri, is the Pilatus fairly new on the market? I must not be paying attention because this is the first I've heard of that aircraft nobody else has mentioned it.

Thank you all for the input. The one common thread seems to be Realair. I am going to have to go to there site and look around tomorrow. I am a little surprised carenado anf milviz did not get a lot of mentions but then again maybe they just don't have what meets my requirements. I ideally need something that can go above FL180 so being pressurized is a must.

My intent is to use it around the lower 48, Canada and Alaska. Want to be able to fly to a base airport and stage out of there and fly around locally to other smaller fields then load up and go to another part of the country and do it all over again.

Eric 

In addition to the RealAir(s), Flight 1 BN-2 islander is worth a look, all systems are simulated, even the KLN90C is Navigraph updatable. It certainly can get in to all air strips.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Looks like Real Air wins. Hands down! :) I use Air Hauler and just wish they had something a little larger for cargo than the Dukes. They are beautiful passenger plains. I'll probably have to get the Twotter X to add to the fleet.