Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

The PMDG of GA world?

Been reading a lot of threads as of late about long haul flight iver GA flying. Well I don't even have any payware GA planes. I pretty much fly the NGX all the time. Well I think I want to try my hand at a GA plane. So I come to you all for some recommendations.

I want a plane that is of the same type of quality and feel that the NGX gives to commercial aircraft. I would like something that can climb high, go fast for cross country hops but can still get into tight small airstrips. A great accurate VC and FDE are a must! Maybe it is a GA still in development as I don't mind waiting. So with that I turn it over to the good folks who frequent avsim for advice on what to purchase. Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

The RealAir Beech Turbine Duke ticks all the criteria you are looking for.

I believe the Real Air Turbine Duke would fit your requirements.

Daniel Miller

Turbine Duke from RealAir is the meanest GA there is!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I only own 3 aircraft addons :smile: (all GA), and one of them is the RealAir Lancair and it is just amazing.

The dials vibrate and move as you start up, just as they do in the aircraft I am training in, in real life. It is very. very imersive.

I don't have anything by PMDG as I'm only in the game for GA, but I believe the RealAir Lancair has to be among the best.

Both the milviz c310 and b55 are the best light twins done for fs or any sim IMHO. I am of course biased towards the B 55 as it was done from my former plane, but both are superb .

There are lots of superb ones out there, but the RealAir Lancair Legacy is like A2A Simulations' P-51D (which by your spec you probably don't want...?): it's a beast!

Both of them feel like flying sports cars, nothing sedate about them. :)

Hello,

My guess is that there is only one GA aircraft model up to PMDG complexity and perfection :

It is the Aerosoft Katana 4X by Marcel Felde

I love Realair aircrafts for their perfect smooth flying feeling but I think they are not up to PMDG system wise...the Legacy is so great^^

With the Katana, you even have to clean the cockpit by yourself^^ Can't wait for their up coming Pilatus PC6!

Best regards,

Pierre Laine

I think the RealAir Lancair Legacy is actually my fave GA aircraft... it's quick, but not sure if it's great on the 'climb high' and 'tight small airstrips' criteria of Erics original post.

Anyway Eric - you can see a bit of a RealAir theme emerging here, I'm sure you'd find both the Legacy and the Turbine Duke superb GA offerings

The RealAir Dukes would probably be the top. Any airplane by Bernt Stolle would also have to be considered which would also include the Milviz C310 and BE55. I'd suggest getting the RealityXP GNS530 or 430 for a nice 'systems' touch. They slip easily into the Dukes and Lancair easily.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The Duke Turbine is great, but even faster is the Pilatus PC12, a single-engine turbo with STOL capability, long range and fast speed, not to mention a good view from the cockpit. It is a slightly bigger aircraft (6 passengers) and comes with a cargo version, and is more tolerant of abuse than the Duke turbine (in the latter, abusing the engines will get you an engine failure pretty quickly).

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Ive been flying mostly the P46-T Malibu by Carenado,really nice flying airplane.

Another vote for the Duke

Some others not mentionned

Baytower RV7 is quite good also but limited in climb

A2A civilian mustang

Carenado C337 with Bert flight model

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...