Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HughesMDflyer4

Flight Liveries

This topic is available to any repainters who wish to show off/publish their own liveries. Installation of any livery posted here is to be done with the Flight Tools Addon Manager by Stonelance.

To get the ball rolling, I'll throw in my package below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basix Cubs Pack

I have ported the two liveries from the basic Carbon Cub to the deluxe Carbon Cub. I had to edit the VC textures to make the appropriate parts blue rather than the color of the previous repaint. Other than that, it was a fairly simple procedure.

>>

Download <<

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First!!!

Thanx!

I would warn you though, that your chosen download venue tried to accost me with one of those false positive virus warning thingys. I terminated it with extreme prejudice. :ph34r:

Good Job! I think we should rename this topic to Flight repaints so we can download everyone's repaints.

I would warn you though, that your chosen download venue tried to accost me with one of those false positive virus warning thingys. I terminated it with extreme prejudice. :ph34r:

I've always used Adblock Plus in my browser, so I never experience issues like that. I will find a different method of sharing the file, though.

Good Job! I think we should rename this topic to Flight repaints so we can download everyone's repaints.

Good idea! I will take care of that now...

EDIT: All has been taken care of!

Nice! I was thinking about making those liveries work on the deluxe, but I didn't get a chance. Thanks for doing it!

How do the planes appear in Multiplayer?

Do they see the correct livery or flying Delta`s?

I would suspect that in a transposition of existing skins, they might, but I could be wrong.

If it was a completely new skin, then no, unless they had imported the same one as well.

They would just see the default plane in that case, or maybe even a UFO! At least that's my understanding of how it should work.

If you have a livery to share, please post it in the pinned "Livery Hanger" thread above.

Thank You.

If both people have Brandon's addon installed they should be able to see the proper livery, otherwise it will show the Delta UFO.

Of course, the way to test it is for somebody to set up a multiplayer instance in flight so that people with livery's can stop by and take a look.

HiFlyer, I'm on Flight right now. I have a session up. My gamertag is HughesMDflyer4. If you're on, hop in my session and we'll test it.

Alrighty I will see.

EDIT: Hmmmmm too many sessions and I could not see you, so I sent a friend request.

I managed to max out my internet usage just by downloading the Flight things. Luckily, the period ends tomorrow.

I've copied the link to the OP's CC repaints and also the Flight Toolkit link where some repaints are to the Flight Livery Hanger which is pinned to this forum.

Great work guys on jumping with this. I think this will lead to a renewed interest in Flight and will increase the enjoyment of our sim.

Thanks for what you are doing.

Well we did test it in the sim, and can see other paints fine as long as we have them as well. UFO if not

I've copied the link to the OP's CC repaints and also the Flight Toolkit link where some repaints are to the Flight Livery Hanger which is pinned to this forum.

Just a note: All I did was recolor the VC parts for the blue livery to fit the exterior textures. Other than that, the liveries are taken exactly as they are from the Basic Cub. :P

Yep but they look nice. Thanks for what you did.

Indeed! Thank you!

Please read the "SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT" post pinned at the top of this forum.

Thanks very much, your effort is appreciated. I especially like the blue one. (It's been so long since I looked at the basic Cub I'd forgotten it had different liveries than the deluxe.)

Doing a livery is an entirely new endevour for me, and it seems my reach exceeds my grasp. I keep getting frustrated and deleting my efforts as not worthy of polluting other people's computers. :-)

But I'm still trying!

Boy do I wish I had not given away my graphics tablets!

Devon, you should show them here anyway. Sometimes we are too harsh on ourselves and others have a greater appreciation for our efforts.

Best regards.

Luis

Devon, you should show them here anyway. Sometimes we are too harsh on ourselves and others have a greater appreciation for our efforts.

Best regards.

Luis

Well after some stop and go, I think I have the basic process down and can get some acceptable results.......

Except I can't for the life of me figure out which texture affects the interior trim of the Carbon Cub. (The window edging, for instance)

Annoying having the outside one color and the interior another!

Anyone have a clue?