Sign in to follow this  
User7902

Shorter IFR flights.

I have created a .kmz file according to real world flights I got from flightaware. It covers 737NGX flights (in general shorter than 3h) between payware and good freeware airports in NA. Exact flight data of regular and periodic flights are given. It also has some very short flights.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

KDEN-KASE (Aspen). Denver at 5500', Aspen at 7700', the awesomeness of the Rocky Mountains and the LOC/DME-E approach to rwy 15 all make for an exciting 45 minutes of flying.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

16L or 34R if you want to stand it on its nose.

Thats always good fun!

At this moment I am in the process of making 'A Tour of Europe'. It consist of 36 flights with a total distance of over 4.200nm and a flying time well over 21 hours. The first part I have already flown, the rest not, but here we go:

EHRD - EGMH - EGHH - LFRC - LFRB - LFRS - LFBD - LEBB - LEAS - LECO - LPPR - LPPT - LPFR - LEJR - LEGR - LELC - LEVC - LERS - LFMK - LFML - LFMN - LIRP - LIRF - LIRN - LIBD - LDDU - LDSP - LDRI - LOWK - LOWI - LSZH - LFJL - EDDF - EDDE - EDDV - EDLW - EHRD

The shortest haul is 69.2 nm and the longest is 149.2 nm both as the crow flies. With an average speed of 200 knots that means flying times from 0:21 to 0:45.

You can fly as many (or as little) legs after one another or take a pause betweeen flights as fits your time for flying.

Theo

KSAN to KLAX (or the opposite)is one of my favorite short routes.CYQB to CYUL is also a nice short flight for a heavy.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

A nice tool to work out routes and to choose from them is AirHauler. If you own it already, let it build up routes for you and order them by length.

If you don't own it, it's the usual benefits-for-cost decision. Probably too expensive for j u s t suggesting routes.

I've been flying the 737NGX between EHAM Amsterdam, EDDF Frankfurt, LFPG Paris and EGLL London in all possible combinations and between ENGM Oslo, ENVA Trondheim and ENBR Bergen also in all possible combinations. Apart from a few test flights in PNW and FTX England these are ALL the airports I've been flying to and from and I still like it. ^_^

My routes, when I do airliner flights, are mainly in Europe, and nearly everytime into or out of Vienna LOWW or Innsbruck LOWI. Regular destinations are Venice Tessera LIPZ, Rome Fiumicino LIRF, Dusseldorf EDDL, Munich EDDM, the Balearics LEPA/LEIB, Geneva LSGG, Tirana LATI and Nice LFMN.

In the US I fly to/from KBOS, KJFK, KPHL, KDCA, CYUL, KBUF on the East coast, between KLAX, KLAS, KSAN and KSFO in the Southwest and KSEA/KPAE, KPDX, PAKT, PANC, PASI and PADU in the Northwest, though I prefer GA flying there.

You can make a whole adventure through Europe flying that 200nm max legs.

Here is map of Balkan interesting airports.

capture.jpg

LDZA and LYBE are capital airports, nothing really interesting. LRTR is also ordinary airport in Romania.

At the other side, LDDU, LDSP, LYTV are great destinations, with challenging approaches, at seashore. LQSA has a great DME ARC approach with high mountains area.

You can interconnect this region with Austria/Germany (map by zowen11) via LOWK and LJLJ, and with Greece/Turkey via LWSK.

LWSK has a nice tight approach with procedural turn.

Here is an actual "milk run" route done in the early eighties by Pacific Western in 737's. CYXD ( Edmonton city center, they no longer allow large pax planes ), CYYC ( Calgary ), CYCG ( Castlegar very fun and challenging to land ), CYLW ( Kelowna nice views ), then finally CYVR ( Vancouver ). Each one of these hops is well under an hour, most closer to 30 mins.

Eric

You can interconnect this region with Austria/Germany (map by zowen11) via LOWK and LJLJ, and with Greece/Turkey via LWSK.

Yes. These route networks can fully extend to Southern Europe by incorporating airports such as Aerosoft Corfu, Heraklion, Mykonos, Olbia, and the upcoming Rome, as well as FlyTampa Athens.

Really appreciate the replies, should keep me busy for the foreseeable future! Thanks guys - helpful as always.

For tweaking and testing purposes, KDAY to KCVG - ILS at both ends, good short VFR, and long runways at KCVG. 35 minute flight.