Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Open Message to AVSIM Community

Tom,

The site has seemed fast to me, especially since the last maint. was done.  I'm sorry you're receiving such emails and posts regarding the site's performance.  Same reason I quit being a mod here--just hope you don't decide to fold and take the site down for good.  I'm sure the thought has crossed your mind.

Regards,

John

Yeah Tom just remember that for every rude message or email you get saying you should change or that something is wrong with avsim there's 20 more members that appreciate what you and the rest of the avsim team does.

Regards

Lee

Thanks to all of the Staff for keeping us informed and up and running!! This site, staff and members have been invaluable to me since I joined about 8 months ago.....THANK YOU!!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Hmmm hadn't even noticed.  I have signed in and enjoyed AVSIM for the last week and did not experience any hiccups... sorry that the staff at AVSIM have been pestered by a very small minority of members.  Really people? 

I'm completely satisfied with the Staff explanations for the slowdown, and am not blaming or pestering anybody. The software upgrade wasn't ready for prime time, just like the man said, so no problem.  It will be fixed when it is fixed, and it is only a minor inconvenience.  But your response annoys me.  Many people are experiencing performance problems, but as long as it works for you, then everybody else who mentions that things are working poorly at present is just being a pest according to your reasoning.  I wish I could give a -1 to your post, because I would.

But your response annoys me

I think Robert was referring to this issue made by Tom is all:

Finally, I have to say that this has been a frustrating experience for AVSIM Staff too. We provide a free service and I have to tell you that some of the messages we have received have been more than disappointing and in some cases, downright disrespectful. I hope that some of you will consider that before you post about how bad we are, incompetent, unprofessional, etc. etc. (Unprofessional at what? Providing a free service from a bunch of fellow flight simulation enthusiasts?). Anyway, I will leave it at that.

For me things have been working fine as well. Sorry this isn't the case for everyone. If things weren't working fine I also know that I am a very laid back individual that knows when to go for a walk way before things stress me out, in fact I haven't felt stress for years now, I am rather 'zen' like these days....

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I haven't felt stress for years now, I am rather 'zen' like these days....

I am happy for you. I wished I could say the same.

Say what? Ed, you smoking something? Or are you into that green beer already?

Beer, good... green beer... only safe once a year. :wink:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

But your response annoys me. Many people are experiencing performance problems

Many? Really? Out of a couple of hundred at any given time? I think you would be better served if you spoke only for yourself instead of trying to speak for "many", whatever that means.

I am happy for you. I wished I could say the same.

Thanks Tom...It took moving half way around the world to find it. I bet it was similar for you those years living in Fiji.

Matthew Kane

I don't know how many, and I don't care if that number is considered a minority of users or not.  Clearly there are enough people have been affected by performance problems that you have seen the need to take the step of restricting access to members only.  I was responding to a guy who seem to imply that because HE wasn't having any problems that anybody who complained about it, was just being a pest.  Maybe I misinterpreted that, whatever.  I didn't send you any nasty or disrespectful PMs or posts, and if some people did, that is a shame.  Notice that I have already said that I'm completely satisfied with the explanation given, I'm just not so happy with a few of the dismissive posts that have been made by some other members, that's all.

I'm completely satisfied with the Staff explanations for the slowdown, and am not blaming or pestering anybody. The software upgrade wasn't ready for prime time, just like the man said, so no problem.  It will be fixed when it is fixed, and it is only a minor inconvenience.  But your response annoys me.  Many people are experiencing performance problems, but as long as it works for you, then everybody else who mentions that things are working poorly at present is just being a pest according to your reasoning.  I wish I could give a -1 to your post, because I would.

I voted your post up King, so there, you are one up on me.  Hope you feel better

I don't know how many, and I don't care if that number is considered a minority of users or not.  Clearly there are enough people have been affected by performance problems that you have seen the need to take the step of restricting access to members only.  I was responding to a guy who seem to imply that because HE wasn't having any problems that anybody who complained about it, was just being a pest.  Maybe I misinterpreted that, whatever.  I didn't send you any nasty or disrespectful PMs or posts, and if some people did, that is a shame.  Notice that I have already said that I'm completely satisfied with the explanation given, I'm just not so happy with a few of the dismissive posts that have been made by some other members, that's all.

Interesting how you've decided to take offence to only my post... you wouldn't happen to be my ex now would you?  I've been a long-time supporter of AVSIM and nothing is going to change that.  Just while I am here I must admit to experiencing a little slowdown but I attributed that to how the state of the internet is these days not to issues with AVSIM.

Have a good night all.

\Robert Hamlich/

No problem here ACA, maybe I misinterpreted.  I probably should have just let the earlier post pass without reading any nasty or dismissive intentions into it, but I guess I took it personally because I actually did make a post about the site changes/login req. related to performance earlier in the day.  We're cool.

I voted your post up King, so there, you are one up on me.  Hope you feel better

Oh would you look at that....Canadian Diplomacy in its finest.

Good night my friend  B)

No problem here ACA, maybe I misinterpreted.

No worries as well. We're all a good bunch on here. Don't let Technical woes get in the way of that.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Thanks King, I appreciate your candor.  And Matthew I have to say that you've hit the nail on the head once again my friend.  You guy's (and everyone else) take care.

\Robert Hamlich/