Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

737 Flight Simulator Built in a Garage w/Xplane 10

Very cool!

Ive got 17 years to go till retirement. This is something id like to do at that time.

Looks like a lot of work needs to go into this to get everything working correctly. I dont think this is a project to do alone. Probably need some friends with good knowledge of electrical systems etc.. but lots of fun at the same time.

Rob

Very cool!

Ive got 17 years to go till retirement. This is something id like to do at that time.

Looks like a lot of work needs to go into this to get everything working correctly. I dont think this is a project to do alone. Probably need some friends with good knowledge of electrical systems etc.. but lots of fun at the same time.

Rob

Who knows what will come in 17 years...? maybe or "we will have" an absolutely stunning Flight Sim to work with, cant wait for the day that happens. 

I too want to build my own flight simulator with a RW retired flight deck nose section. Luckily I have family working in the business of maintaining aircraft :)

Who knows what will come in 17 years...? maybe or "we will have" an absolutely stunning Flight Sim

I sincerely hope you are right!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I find it very amusing with this tug_of_war between XP and FSX about who's go the better flight dynamics with of course opinions giving it to both sims and in part 1 (5:35) the guy being interviewed says that he switched to XP because quote: "I switched to XP because I think the flight dynamics are much more realistic".

This leads me to believe that it's not the sim not having the "perfect" flight dynamics (XP or FSX) but its all about personal preference. So in conclusion and based on this example and everything I have read about this topic, both sims have what it takes to give each one of us what we think is the right "feel".

There, its all settle both sims win!!! wooo hooo.

Please don't start!!!!

...lol

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

That's amazing. Well worth it. I wonder how much that cockpit cost him. I would love to have myself a home cockpit like that some day. A 777, 747, 787 or airbus a320 home cockpit would be my dream. Great sand very inspirational video.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

If you build out hardware like that, why not use every sim available, the expensive part seems to be the actual nuts and bolts and gauges etc...

It's stunning, fair play. The thing is, I think I'd find it limited. If all you fly is the 737, great, it's perfect. But I like to mix and match. A 737 cockpit wouldn't feel right flying a Pitts S2, of a Cessna 310 or any of the many aircraft I like to take for a spin for fun. It's weird, I really thought I wanted to build a 737 cockpit myself, but keeping it kind of generic works my better for me. Plus there's a huge cost saving. :-)

The thing that scares me is the amount of hardware and computers just to get it to run. Geez, I think he said he had about 7 PC's running simultaneously for that setup. My electricity bill will be out the roof with me flying. Especially on long haul flights. 

I'm guesstimating that something like this would cost at least 100k or more.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Excellent...and he is in Livermore...I sure hope he opens it up for sim sessions...would be cool to fly in a full cockpit during World Flight...will definitely be watching his blog fo sho. I think he was also in local news recently, but I had completely forgotten.

Thanks for the link (and the reminder)!!

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

fantastic, must have been an incredible to finally get it to this point and he's still got more to go!  wow