Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Do you have a goal when you fly?

If I'm flying online... yeah, to get to point B without breaking any rules!  

If I'm offline... usually I've got no real goal... just to do what I want, that is until my beautiful better half needs me :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One step at a time Rob! I did figure there was another peak behind the current one...

Rob,

AVSIM Library: FSX Utilities - fsxlogbook_235895.zip

http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=119627

Neat little utility even if it is "old"!! :lol:

Bob

Odd this program does not work for me. Double click and nothing opens up. I see it sucking 25% cpu cycles in the task manager/processes tab though. Running as admin made no difference either. Maybe it doesn't work in Vista64.

Odd this program does not work for me. Double click and nothing opens up. I see it sucking 25% cpu cycles in the task manager/processes tab though. Running as admin made no difference either. Maybe it doesn't work in Vista64.

I have run it (not lately) in Windows 7 - 64 bit with no problem.

Here is the ReadMe from the extract. It does require Java...........or perhaps your logbook has a corrupted entry in it?

README for logbookeditor v 0.3

2/02/2007  lc0277  http://lc0277.nerim.net

----------------------------------------------------

This software is a graphical editor of Flight Simulator X logbook files.

It can modify fields not editable within FSX (including fligt durations)

and repair broken logbooks. It can also export logbook to HTML or

excel-compatibles files.

* Warning :

Warning: FSX is very sensitive to logbook data corruption, so please make

sure you have backups of your logbook file. Logbook file is situated in

"My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files" under the name "Logbook.bin" (it

may differ with your locale).

If you encounter a freeze at splashscreen during FSX startup after you

edited your logbook, it is probably an error in the file, so you should

restore from your backup or delete the current logbook file.

As this is an still a beta version, you are encouraged to

support the development process by sending any bug reports (or any error

message) to the author at the given email address. Be sure to include

your logbook as an attachment of the mail  (it does not contain any

private information)

* Features :

This version allow you to see all recorded flights, edit them individually

and add or delete flights. You can edit almost all properties of

recorded flights: departure/arrival icao, date/time, aircraft and

icao of airports where you landed. Note that FSX has a lot bugs concerning

flight records and may forget to record some informations (for instance departure

airports or correct IFR time accounting).

Unfortunately these informations are not saved and cannot be recovered by logbookeditor.

The Import/export features providen are:

- FSX logbook (read/write)

- FS9 logbook (import)

- CSV file (export) (comma separated values, readable my MS Excel)

- HTML (export)

FS9 logbooks contains significantly less information than FSX logbooks, so

you may want to complete your records.

* Installation / Execution :

logbookeditor needs a Java Virtual Machine, at least version 5.0. It may

be downloaded free of charge from

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Logbookeditor may also run under Linux. It has been tested on both

Windows XP sp2 with Java 5.0 and Linux/Debian with Sun JVM 5.0.

Simply put the executable file and logbookedit.jar in any place

on your system and put

* Licensing :

logbookeditor is public domain. It may be used, modified and redistributed

without any conditions or restrictions.

* History:

v0.1 23/10/2006 initial release

v0.2 4/11/2006 introduced new fligt editing gui, new edit options (ac

type, landings), FS9 logbook import

v0.2a 15/11/2006 can import FS9 logbook with US date formats

v0.2b 20/11/2006 new FS9 import gui. Fixes some issues with corrup logbook

v0.3 2/2/2007 new export GUI, direct print, fixed CRLF issue

with CSV file

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Flying for FlyUK or BAV, and now I also have the movie bug!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Sometimes, I'm a real hack, goal #1 take off as quickly as possible.  Goal #2 walk away from the landing.

I use AirHauler and have a cargo operation in the Carribean, so frequently  I do short visual approaches in whatever turbo prop I'm using at the time.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

There are many reasons why I fly my simulators. Here are a few: Beside me (10 or so feet away), sits a 47"HDTV that has only 'free to air' channels. Unless I want to catch the occasional 20 minutes of news, it doesn't come out of 'mute'. After all, you've seen one cooking program, you've seen 'em all and reality TV? Puhleez! So, the first reason is for something to do that is less mind numbing than watching TV. Another reason is: 40+ years ago I had the dream of attaining my Private Pilot's licence and had some lessons in a Piper Cherokee 140. It was expensive back then and I don't know how anyone affords it these days but I fell in love with the freedom of flight. Anyway, I got distracted by a 22 yo 5' 8" tall, drop dead gorgeous female and married her. The dream was crushed, almost immediately. BTW, I hadn't realized until too late, that beauty fades and by the time she was 40 years old she had turned into a Rottweiler (I laughed when one of the other respondents posted 'To get away from his wife'). Child Support payments put paid to the next 10 years or so but my interest in computers and flying became stronger and my first sim was FS5 (I think) on something like a 386. I digress.

These days, this hobby has become a wonderful and at times, rewarding pursuit, especially with the advent of superb add-ons and payware aircraft that emulate the incredible technological advancements in aviation to the present day. Quite often, I derive my pleasure by just marvelling, for hours, at the intricacy and superb modelling and systems of the payware aircraft I have installed on my system. When I do actually fly one of them, it's mostly a tubeliner or something like the ATR 72 500 or the JS4100. Since my first Rover 75 (google it), I've loved having switches to flick and gauges to monitor. I seldom fly anything low and slow because my present system can't handle many of the ORBX sceneries I have but that will change very soon with my next (and probable, final) build. I love all of the aspects of this hobby, the flight planning, the fuel planning, the add-ons, the achievement of performing a flight as flawlessly as I am able and the pleasure of hand-flying a successful landing but when I am at t/c, cruising at FL310, I'm just groovin' on the simulated reality I'm experiencing in my little simulated world.

Jon

I rarily have an explicit goal to accomplish when I "fly" in fsx other than to see or get somewhere.  As a 100% GA flyer, I do it for relaxation, pleasure and a fantasy escape.  These screenshots best express why I spend my time in FSX: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/397841-low-n-slow-stuff/

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

My goal is always the same and it's really simple; to have fun. That's what it's all about, isn't it

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I fly for a Virtual Airline, every flight that I do I strive for perfection, from radio comms, taxi procedures, landings, and just being prepared. I also use this in my real flight training and it drives my instructer nuts and I quote from him "its perfectly fine if your not completely centerline, the goal is to keep all the wheels on the runway!". :P

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg