Sign in to follow this  
ACA034137

Latin VFR Montego Bay

Hey all,

I recently picked up this scenery, and it seems its got a serious issue with the elevation of the runway and taxi-ways.  The new runway seems to hover about 3 feet over the default on, and When I land, I pass right through it.

Does anybody have this problem, and know how to fix it?  There is nothing about a update or patch on the LVFR website, and nothing on their forums.

Hi Chris,

I don't have that one but my experiences with Latin VFR are pretty good - I like KEYW and KSAN a great deal... You might want to post on the LVFR forum as I've found Roberto very responsive...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Chris here's the solution, rename the file "APX27250.bgl" to "APX27250.bak" in the Scenery\0303\scenery folder of your FSX install location and that should fix your problem.

I have this product with no issue. However, I also remember someone saying that you should set your after market scenario before the default FSX scenario. You can do this in your scenario library, just move LatinVFR to the top, if JordonChin's solution does not work.

Hey JordanChin is this really your location??

-Ray

I have this product with no issue.

X2.  No problem here.  I do have all of my add on sceneries above FSX sceneries.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I've had this happen lots of times while using FS9. It's just a duplicate of AFCAD files. So the AFCAD from FSX is giving a different elevation data then the one from LVFR (LVFR has some mesh data too). If you use something like AFX, you can see if there is duplicate data for that airport. So to make sure everything is ok, move the scenery to the top (or above FSX default sceneries) and rename the file "APX27250.bgl" (This is the AFCAD for Jamaican airports) to "APX27250.bak" in the Scenery\0303\scenery folder of your FSX install location.

rename the file "APX27250.bgl" (This is the AFCAD for Jamaican airports) to "APX27250.bak" in the Scenery\0303\scenery folder of your FSX install location.

While this may "cure" the problems at ONE airport, this file holds SIX airports, so you can kiss the other five airports goodbye!

There should be other remedies available that do not include turning off default files.

While this may "cure" the problems at ONE airport, this file holds SIX airports, so you can kiss the other five airports goodbye!

There should be other remedies available that do not include turning off default files.

Yes this is very very true. But in this instance, LVFR (IIRC), made custom mesh to go with MJKP and MKJS and corrected AFCADS for the airports in the island. So it shouldn't break anything in this case.

good day all, sorry to resurrect this post, but i was searching online for a solution to my airplanes appearing below the runway at Latin VRF MKJP and i stumbled upon this. i tried Jordans fix but it did not work. I did turn of Ultimate Terrain Tropical , and the problem went away (without applying Jordans fix).  Is there a solution in which i can keep ultimate terrain working and resolving the runway issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Have you tried placing the Latin VFR MKJP before Ultimate Terrain scenery in your scenery library section?

-Ray

Hey Ray, yes I have place the MKJP higher than the ultimate scenery in the scenery library to no avail

If you've got ORBX Vector installed - try adding MKJP to the AEC removal list.  I've had this issue crop up with many of my add-on airports since installing Vector.  Good luck!