Everything posted by Bunkie
-
Inibuilds Embraers and Boeings?
I'd still prefer a VC10! But I'll take an older Boeing if that's all they offer :)
-
P3D effects fix for RTX 50xx cards
Thanks for the info!
-
P3D effects fix for RTX 50xx cards
Would someone please be kind enough to point me at a version number of Inspector that has the required features ? I've downloaded 3 versions so far, and none have had the options to make the necessary changes. Either that, or I'm on a role regarding "stupid human tricks" !
-
Fokker F27 vs Namc YS-11?
I noticed a couple of hours ago somebody asked JF on their forum about making a 748, and they basically said it probably wouldn't sell. I left a reply saying their last payware 748 (the Aeroplane Heaven version for FSX) probably didn't sell because the freeware version was superior... I doubt they'll change their minds regardless... I was self loading cargo on an Air Canada Viscount back in the day. As a kid I remember it being a great ride, certainly better than being shaken to bits in their DC-9's a few years later!
-
Fokker F27 vs Namc YS-11?
Very true... I remember the first time I tried flying Rick Piper's HS748 back in FS9. After much frustration I finally learned how to do it properly! Another thing missing from these models is a proper Dart sound, that mind numbing, ear splitting screech those engines were famous for. Probably MS wanting to avoid law suits for permanent ear damage! 🤪 And why don't we have any other Dart users ? Why no Viscount, 748, Vanguards, etc. Or how about an Argosy? Ah, the good old days of CBFSIM... I miss those planes!
-
Fokker F27 vs Namc YS-11?
Hi, I prefer the NAMC, but only because I look at it as a "suped up" HS748. They're both good at what they do, but aren't "study level" by any stretch of the imagination. (I.E. no real engine trimming etc.). I honestly can't say one is modelled better than the other - they're both at about the same level of quality, performance, appearance, etc. If you can only buy one, just pick whichever floats your boat the most. Or wait until they're on sale and get both for cheap, that's what I did!
- JustFlight Fokker F70/F100 Release Date: Thursday, June 25th
-
JustFlight Fokker F70/F100 Release Date: Thursday, June 25th
I just landed after a 90 minute flight, and had no trouble at all maintaining speed on approach, but I'd disconnected the AP and AT. Was he using the automatics on final ? Where I had trouble - the a/c couldn't even think about reaching the cruise altitude Simbrief had planned - and she tried really hard to drive herself into a stall. Was using the F100 with 90 odd passengers onboard. We were much happier around FL260. I'd suspect that says more about the Simbrief perf calculations than the a/c itself. So it was a more sporty flight than I'd expected, but overall I really enjoyed it. And if there are flight model issues, I'm certain, based upon their past experience, JF will address it quickly. I'm a very happy customer!
- JustFlight Fokker F70/F100 Release Date: Thursday, June 25th
- And another A380...
-
And another A380...
I've got all the heavies from PMDG, INIBUILDS, Aerosoft, etc. This is the only model I've ever used that gives constant VRAM warnings. No problems performance-wise, but having that bubble popping up every time I change views became so annoying I just killed the flight. And yes - I know I can lower my settings, but don't see the point for just one plane.
-
LXGB RD Presets, feedback...
Lol! I literally just landed at the default LXGB and said to myself "hey, that looks pretty good"! It was dusk - so the lighting wasn't that great. Now I'm wondering if I got the wrong impression...
-
iniBuilds L-1011: Out
I've flown it around the world twice already - and never had a problem that wasn't my fault. Performance has been fine on my machine (9800X3D/RTX5080/32GB). I use the automated flight engineer - and he's done his job perfectly for me. Only issue - I noticed on Simbrief import it loads all cargo into the aft cargo bay which upsets the CG - but I just change it manually. It's at least as good as the old Just Flight Professional version, and looks a whole lot better too.
-
CSS B737-300&400 to be released soon
Nope, no FFB yoke here, just the Thrustmaster Boeing yoke and Honeycomb Bravo throttle. But thanks for trying to find a solution for me! Another issue I hadn't mentioned was that the framerate dropped significantly as soon as I hit LNAV; I wasn't able to determine if that was the CSS 737 or SU5 doing it's usual thing. There's lots to love about the model - hand flying was excellent. Hopefully future updates will tame it.
-
Just Flight - New Grumman AA5 pack coming
What a lovely surprise. Instant purchase. Very happy to see this available. I have the old FS2020 model, and I really enjoy it, but this will most certainly replace it.
-
CSS B737-300&400 to be released soon
Call me an word not allowed, but I tried a 7th flight. Set up exactly the same as all the previous ones. Only loaded 20 passengers, and actually got off the ground at the calculated V speeds. Autopilot engaged... following heading, and VS. Turned to intercept the nav course (I didn't have a SID programmed) and lined it up. Engage LNAV... aircraft does a 360. Entered a Direct-to - as I probably should have. The aircraft now flew about 70 degrees away from the planned course. Then decided that 360's are more fun. Okay. Back to PMDG and Fenix. This baby just isn't ready for prime time - at least on my system it isn't.
-
CSS B737-300&400 to be released soon
I decided to take a chance. The planes look great. But... I've started from cold and dark, and tried the "ready for start" and "ready to takeoff" settings as well. So far I've attempted 6 flights, and each one ended with me running off the end of the runway at over 200 knots - I can't make the aircraft rotate. I tried a flight with 600lbs of fuel - finally managed to get it off the ground. At 2500ft I engaged the autopilot - and the aircraft promptly flew straight into the gound. I've run out of ideas of things to try. I've been playing with flightsims since the 80's, and I honestly can't remember ever having this much trouble with a payware plane. I'm open to suggestions! Also wondering if I'm the only one in this predicament!
-
Navigraph and Flightradar24 Partnership
I've done 3 flights since linking up Navigraph/FSLTL and in each case I got stuck behind a lineup of aircraft taxying for the holding point. I've got flying, taxying, and parked all over the place.
-
Review: Is the Skysim DC-9 for MSFS2024 actually that 'bad'?
I was wondering about that myself, but don't have time to check today. Thank you for the response!
-
Review: Is the Skysim DC-9 for MSFS2024 actually that 'bad'?
Can you configure the AP to follow a GPS route now? I can't see the GPS clearly enough to try following the route using heading hold etc, and I'd love to fly a DC-9 in the sim, even if the majority of users would consider using GPS as sacrilege!
-
Mud splatters now showing on the Fenix a320 windshield
I had those showing up on the default 744 whenever I returned to the cockpit. They'd be visible for about a second, then they'd disappear, only to repeat the process next time I returned to the view from looking at something else. Only started happening (to me at least) after the latest sim update.
-
gb09f requesting assistance with MSFS2024 settings on ground
No BATC here, and just JF's traffic running, so that may explain a lot. Have you thought about trying the auto fps app available here in the forum? It may help, as with your machine specs you should be able to handle pretty much anything. Worth checking out, it may be simpler than trying to play with the myriad of settings!
-
gb09f requesting assistance with MSFS2024 settings on ground
Hi gb09f, That's strange - I have the same machine, only running a 5080 instead. I've got everything on Ultra and I've never had a stutter to speak of. Last time I was ag EGLL I was laughing because it was so smooth. Have you got all the latest drivers for your video card, and all the other normal checks ?
-
Cute chick on a flight deck visit
...and to think I've spent my entire life thinking Chickens can't fly
-
Problem With IFR Landings
Hi, I've had the same thing happen to me - but only when flying the Blackbox Airbus series aircraft - and only after loading a previously created flightplan into the MCDU, using the "company route" saved folder. After searching for an answer, I found a comment from BBS stating that the problem centered around some flight plan generators not ending the flightplan properly - the solution was to manually enter the flightplan into the MCDU and then ensuring that you closed off the file properly - but I still have the problem at least 50 % of the time. Again - only time I've seen the default ATC "forget about me" was using the BBS Airbuses... Any chance you're flying Blackbox Airbuses ? Mark