Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

11APR13 - Outage causing Support/Activation disruption

don't over expect guys regarding the release date, the bigger the expectation, the bigger the disappointment, good things will come in the right time, but not this weekend for sure!

On a SERIOUS NOTE:  Thank you for your patience the past few days.  We had planned to try your patience NEXT week with some minor outages while we bring new resources online- but this was unplanned...  At least it fell apart before the 777 release....

You're so mind boggling!! Can't take you seriously anymore lol.

@@Jackal. @@captainsazzman

I can't see how he's said he's going to give us an update - all he's told us is that a non-release date would be this weekend...in other words, the 777 won't be released this weekend.

Hahah some of us may have interpreted it as a date for Randazzo to say something big on the forum; but not the release date

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Everything's down again - same problems as before unfortunately. We're now taking the step of physically moving the support and activation servers to a different network operations center on the other side of the country, which is going to take most of the rest of the day to do. We're confident this will eliminate the issues though because it's clearly something inside the current NOC doing it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

We're now taking the step of physically moving the support and activation servers to a different network operations center on the other side of the country

Wait, what? Not trying to second-guess you guys or anything (well, perhaps I am, but that's the Intarwebs for ya), but can't you restore your backups onto the new servers and call it a day? I'm just curious what's so special about your physical boxens that warrants dragging them cross country like that. I don't know... doing that seems so very last century to me. :P

Regards (and more importantly: good luck!),

Your friendly backseat sysadmin.

Hello,  From time to time PMDG have been prone to a bit of humour and phsycology which this outage issue may be introduced to appease the Posts "Cant wait" 777 brigade, or I am sincerely sorry if this Outage issue is genuine and there is a serious problem please forgive the opening para.  Richard Welsh.

Everything's down again - same problems as before unfortunately. We're now taking the step of physically moving the support and activation servers to a different network operations center on the other side of the country, which is going to take most of the rest of the day to do. We're confident this will eliminate the issues though because it's clearly something inside the current NOC doing it.

Someone out there doesn't want you to release the 777 :-P

Someone out there doesn't want you to release the 777 :-P

But iFly isn't making a 777.....

Hi Robert, Ryan,

I am unfortunately affected by this despite the server migrations (I am unable to activate the 737 NGX within FSX). I've just raised a support ticket but wanted to let you know that it is still playing up.

In the meantime, any workarounds to enable me to use the product would be much appreciated please!!

Thanks,

James Davidson

Dear Robert and Ryan,

Good night. I purchased again the PMDG 737NGX thru PMDG website because I changed my computer and while trying to install and activate the product again I got an activation error.

I was suspecting it should be the number of validations exceeded but now reading these posts I realized that I unfortunately paid twice for the product because I just purchased again the product (few minutes ago on April 13th, 2013) and I am still experiencing failures while trying to activate my new license.

The ticket I opened is 1EF-18FCC642-0304.

Regards,

Adenilson

As of Saturday night, at 11:00pm mst, I'm still getting the "ERROR: Unable to activate communications.  Please contact PMDG support" when trying to reinstall the 737NGX on my new computer.

Keith Henry

Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

CYQU

Guys,

Activations and license resets are very likely not going to be back up until Monday now. Really sorry about this but we don't have the usual resources over the weekend at the company that makes the licensing software - moving servers like this necessitates their involvement in a couple ways. Keep in mind too that I can't answer support tickets while it's like this - I'm not sure how some of you are able to submit tickets, but from our end we can't even get the thing to load as far as the backend interface that lets us respond to them. Tickets with luck will still be back up and working for us tonight and I'll respond to what's there when that happens - I won't be able to do anything about license resets or new purchases that can't activate until Monday though, sorry.

To clarify by the way - I didn't mean that we're physically taking the server boxes across the country, I meant that they're being migrated to physically new servers in a different data center - that is in fact all done electronically.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Gents-

Another update just to follow up on what Ryan has already told you:

We are now on our third router failure at the NOC where the "ailing" server resides.  We have a brand new server that is located with all of our other servers, so we made the decision to start moving affected services over to this new machine rather than waiting around for the NOC that owns the "ailing" server to figure out what on earth is going on over there.

Now- the good news is that Technical Support is now operating from the new location and running exceptionally well.

License activation is up and down.  As communication fades in and out on this older machine we are seeing data loss of anywhere from 30-90% at times with no obvious solution pending.

We need input from our license control provider in order to move that service over to the new location- so that will not likely take place until Monday afternoon.  Until then we are doing everything we can to keep the existing machine in communication, but it is a difficult task since we do not own the hardware upstream of that server- and thus we cannot go make the fix ourselves.

I apologize for the problems- but the good news is that we are in the process of bringing in redundant handling for all of these services- so a single hardware failure should not have this impact in the future...

Growing pains, to be sure- but we will all get through it!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

its sunday 9:15 am in my country and waiting for the update

and its abou 1:15 in nyc,so i think they release the update at the morning in eastern time

Captain Hamzeh Farhadi

A320 TRI/TRE at Iran Air