Sign in to follow this  
Darrylacw579

PMDG Dash 8

Evening everyone.

Can anyone (perhaps someone from pmdg) shed any light on the upcoming plans for the dash 8? Watching the video posted on pmdg's page reference: 747800 demonstrates plans / dates around expected / upcoming developments, that are a little old. I remember seeing the dash8 planned for 2011. Much focus right now is on the 777 (and quite rightly so, we're all anticipating this beautiful bird) along with the 747 v2. However, I'm wondering if this dash8 is still in the pipeline to being complete and if there are some revised timelines now that I believe the 777 is on its final round up for release. :-)

Thanks in advance for anticipated reply's. ds

Hello!

And this has obviously nothing to do with the recent release of a certain other Dash 8... :P

Still hovering above (perhaps ON would be more appropriate) the drawing table as far as we know unfortunately...

Also: PMDG DHC-8: The initial product in the PMDG Dash-8 series will include the -200/300 series airplanes. This product is being developed by the same team that produced our PMDG BAe JS4100, and will be along the same quality level. This product is expected to fit into the release schedule someplace between the 737NGX and the 777.

Is there an update to this post from pmdg's website ... And if not, can we expect dash8 before 777 ?

Ds

Going from the DC-6 to the L188 is the logical progression.  When you think turbo props the L188 and 16,000 shaft horsepower is the only answer.  Besides the L-188 has withstood the test of time.   :smile:

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Haven't you tried the Majestic Dash 8 Q400?

If not do!

PMDG wont make a Dash 8 200/300, I'm sure Tabs said in the Dash 8 MJ release thread a few days ago that they wont be making a Dash-8 (anybody else see that?).

Yes, tried majestic dash 8 many months before release. I was one of their beta testers since jan 2013 to test the model. Very good model for sure, and flight dynamics are realistic. My curiosity was with the pmdg and their old topics or plans for upcoming aircraft. As we all know, they're keeping cards close to their chest, and we already know of 777 and 747 soon to be released. However, there are two projects that they are not commenting on, and I'm curious to figure out of dash 8 perhaps is still on the cards, despite limited intel / info on this topic. Pmdg, can you shed some light on this area for us all? Ds

I'm sure Tabs said in the Dash 8 MJ release thread a few days ago that they wont be making a Dash-8 (anybody else see that?).

Yeah I saw that too - cant figure out which thread though. I'm sure PMDG have the next couple of years already lined up. With no mention of their own D8 - I imagine plans changed and they went off the idea?

There was some project that they started and then put on hold because they found out the systems were more complex than they'd thought.  Was that the one?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Haven't you tried the Majestic Dash 8 Q400?

If not do!

PMDG wont make a Dash 8 200/300, I'm sure Tabs said in the Dash 8 MJ release thread a few days ago that they wont be making a Dash-8 (anybody else see that?).

I missed that, but can't say I'm all that surprised by it. I know PMDG has their hands full with the 777, the 747v2, the DC-6, and the remaining NGX variants.  With the recent release of the Q400 elsewhere, there probably isn't as much of a compelling business case for PMDG to make a Dash-8 anymore.  Might be best to just look around and see what else they could bring some of the PMDG magic to.

My vote would be for a 757/767 or 787, personally!

--

Chris Parrott

All these years have passed by & I am still at a loss as to why so many have never managed to pick up on the irony of the much vaunted 'PMDG Dash 8'

Never fear ...it's coming guy's...right after the 747-400 v2.0...the 747-8 (got it yet?...it's a DASH EIGHT)

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I agree with CPARROTT73 - and hope they do decide to make a 757 / 767 in NGX quality.  My god, wouldnt that be a dream if they could.  Although, keeping my ear to the ground, i heard that they're considering Airbus.  Not sure how true that information is, but i guess we'll find out in good time. ds

I remember PMDG mentioning that they wouldn't build an aircraft where is already a high quality version in the marketplace. I would think the Majestic Dash 8 is in that category. And it makes sense--if you can improve on the Majestic Dash 8 it wouldn't be by much...

I found this old post on the PMDG Dash 8 project.  It's a post containing a post but it gets the point across. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/365404-dash-8/page-3#entry2389060

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Never fear ...it's coming guy's...right after the 747-400 v2.0...the 747-8 (got it yet?...it's a DASH EIGHT)

Yes I remember that joke.  But then they said they really were going to make a Dash 8 turboprop.  Still it wouldn't be the first time PMDG announced a project and later quietly dropped it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

They haven't really "quietly" dropped it. RSR stated, during the Munich convention, that the Dash 8 is put on hold because the systems are more complex and jet-like than they anticipated. While it was scheduled to be a Light release, like the J4100, it just isn't feasible to make it "light". So if we're going to see a Dash 8 by PMDG, it'll probably be a full featured version.