Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Air India Pilots Did WHAT!?!?!?!

I think DGCA was interested after this incident !! 

http://in.news.yahoo.com/indigo-pilot-who-can’t-land-right.html

and she failed the DGCA 7 times !!!

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-02-27/india/28638395_1_nose-wheel-dgca-atpl

Thanks

Thejus Mathew

Yeah, this incident opened the flood gates to all the stuff that was going on behind the curtains. It's shocking and surprising to see someone take responsibility of 100+ passengers by taking a seat in the flight deck without any sort of fear. I don't know how they do it!

I'm pretty concerned about the general lack of self preservation these pilots are showing? Rules, regulations whatever - as human beings what were they even thinking???  :huh:  :mellow:  :blink:

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

general lack of self preservation

Surely, you haven't heard of the mid air brawl between flight deck and cabin crew members at AI not so long ago. Haha

The concept of good Airmanship doesnt exsist in India.

The only thing Pilots are concerned about is Power and more power. Unfortunately the longer they stay in the company, the more they get pampered and eventually they act as GODs. And I have seen such bad behaviour first hand and its absolutely disgusting.

Its a shame. Corruption rules in India.

At least the 2 flight attendants were really good looking.

Glad in not the only one who took that away from the story too. :D

They sure were beautiful, even of they were in the cockpit lol

Glad in not the only one who took that away from the story too. :D They sure were beautiful, even of they were in the cockpit lol

I noticed that too.  The pilots should really be investigated for why they would leave the FD with those two on the FD with them :)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Glad in not the only one who took that away from the story too. :D They sure were beautiful, even of they were in the cockpit lol

I noticed that too. The pilots should really be investigated for why they would leave the FD with those two on the FD with them :)

Haha exactly

Folks,

FYI, a far more reliable source than the MM and ToI

http://avherald.com/h?article=461b7ada&opt=0

Again, let the investigation finish and results be published before we jump to any conclusions.

Dinshaw

And you think the 'official' reports would indicate the flaws of SOPs of a government run airline?

Personally, nobody has jumped to any conclusions so far fetched that would require any hardcore investigation that's currently pending. I'm sure the media has exaggerated its report but from what I have experienced, I won't put it past AI to get away with something like this. Look back at the history of this carrier and it's a winning bet.

This reminds me to look up more information on the AI crew that were being trained on the 78 and ended up hacking the Boeing Training System to pass their rating exam or the one where the crew overshot its destination on DXB-JAI by a few 100 miles (if memory serves me correct) because they overslept (blamed on radio communication failure - I'd like to know which radio failure procedure requires you to continue cruising and proceed to a city almost 350 miles away before suddenly turning back and landing at your scheduled destination) or the mid air brawl between flight deck and cabin crew members based on sexual harassment or the numerous pilots who showed up drunk before their duty as an active flight deck member or about a few who paid their way to get an ATP certificate (mentioned earlier in this thread) or a few who were 'apparently' rated on the type yet did not know how to input a route into the CDU manually (mentioned previously in this thread) or a chosen few that I personally know who went from flying a single engine prop aircraft as part of their PPL to suddenly being appointed as an FO on a 777 flying to Chicago within a few months.

Thankfully, there are enough experienced Captains in the flight deck who know what they're doing.

The fact of the matter is DGCA and AI work hand in hand. You will never hear a conclusive report to any of their incidents. A few months of suspension and before you know it, they'll be back into the active roster.

Folks,

Again, let the investigation finish and results be published before we jump to any conclusions.

Dinshaw

Thanks. I think I prefer to jump to conclusions.

By the way, this version of the story is almost as interesting as the Mumbai Mirror version. Cabin crew's "prolonged stay" in the cockpit. First officer distracted by his "interaction" with cabin crew. Hmmmmm

Folks,

Dinshaw

Thanks. I think I prefer to jump to conclusions.

By the way, this version of the story is almost as interesting as the Mumbai Mirror version. Cabin crew's "prolonged stay" in the cockpit. First officer distracted by his "interaction" with cabin crew. Hmmmmm

:) :)

I am just happy I never ever will have to go to India, let alone fly with an indian airline...

23.png

:) :) I am just happy I never ever will have to go to India, let alone fly with an indian airline...

I almost went there and was very disappointed I didn't go.  India may be poor in many areas but it's such a rich place in life.  My boss went there and shared wonderful pictures with me.  His Indian hosts took him out on weekends (for instance to the Taj Majal) and shared a great deal of their culture with him.

We can't judge countries by incidents like the one which launched this thread.  In the U.S. I shudder if we were judged by some of the things that have happened or done by people in our country.  We're a great country because of all the good things that have happened.  India is a great country because there are truly great people there.  I always urge people to get out and travel--see the world, experience it.  Don't let an incident scare you from the rich experience that travel offers.  That's what our hobby is all about--travel--and aircraft are the vehicles that tie our world together. 

Regards,

John

:) :) I am just happy I never ever will have to go to India, let alone fly with an indian airline...

Nooo! India is a beautiful country (patriotism 1 - world 0  :lol:)! Don't let the local carriers discourage you from flying in. There are a lot of internationally decorated carriers that service India but yes I do agree with 'No Air India' policy. Haha. Jet Airways, on the other hand, is one local carrier that is sort of a model of what an airline should be in India.