Whereas I went to Newegg and immediately purchased an Evga Superclocked model upon finding out that this card supports 4k resolution, unlike my 680. Looks like several models are still in stock now, something that did not happen when the GTX 680 came out (took forever to get one of those). Also have a water block on the way. I don't expect any huge difference in FSX, except of course it will allow me to upgrade my 2560x1440 27" monitor to a 50" 4k monitor and perhaps run 8x SGSS as well :O

Very nice. Let us know where your at in terms of JS41 drilling down through a few layers of Max density overcast into a big payware airport with decent level of AI flying about with at least 4xSGSS. If this is doing the trick and staying locked at 30 and smooth, it means I only need to wait a year and a bit for me to afford it when it comes down into the $400 ish price range eventually.

Only took 7 years for hardware to catch up with FSX! kidding.

C.

Even worse. The 770 is just a rebranded 680 with a new BIOS. All this marketing and branding policy it's so revolting 

But it will be ok provided it is a bit faster than a 680 and in the $450 range don't ya think? I think I am going to wait for AMD at the end of the year to see what they do. Then pricing will come down across the board. I just might look into this 770 when the price and numbers all settle in. We will have to see I guess.

I hate waiting. I wish AMD had a card ready to fire and the price war could commence.

C.

But it will be ok provided it is a bit faster than a 680 and in the $450

It's exactly the same card as the 680 

Not with this level of hardware.

It was a joke about FSX being horribly optimized. 

I was highly disappointed with 4K when I played with a SLI Titan setup hooked to a Seiki 50". Tiger is selling them for $1500. 

4K input is limited to 30hz until HDMI 2.0 is released. That might be fine for movies or console games but not when you want to play PC FPS or action games at high res. Don't get me wrong the resolution looked beautiful but the 30fps issues drove me nuts. 

Then again 30fps seems to be the perfect setup for FSX. 

Good luck with your setup tech!!!

Very nice. Let us know where your at in terms of JS41 drilling down through a few layers of Max density overcast into a big payware airport with decent level of AI flying about with at least 4xSGSS. If this is doing the trick and staying locked at 30 and smooth, it means I only need to wait a year and a bit for me to afford it when it comes down into the $400 ish price range eventually.

Only took 7 years for hardware to catch up with FSX! kidding.

C.

I can get 20+ in all scenarios with my current hardware, locked at 30 via NV Inspector.  Test scenario: FSDT KJVK V2, Aerosoft Manhattan X, PMDG NGX, night, thunderstorms, UT2 airline traffic > 50%, all settings in game maxed out except for scenery shadows, bloom, and ground traffic off, water @ 2.x med.  4x SS + 4x SGSS.  Everywhere else I fly it's locked at 30 with ease.  If I take the limiter off I can see FPS nearing 200 in some areas.  

It was a joke about FSX being horribly optimized. 

I was highly disappointed with 4K when I played with a SLI Titan setup hooked to a Seiki 50". Tiger is selling them for $1500. 

4K input is limited to 30hz until HDMI 2.0 is released. That might be fine for movies or console games but not when you want to play PC FPS or action games at high res. Don't get me wrong the resolution looked beautiful but the 30fps issues drove me nuts. 

Then again 30fps seems to be the perfect setup for FSX. 

Good luck with your setup tech!!!

That's precisely the TV I'm thinking about, and I'm aware of the 30hz limitation.  I'll wait a bit and see if any HDMI 2.0 capable 4k displays come out at a reasonable price.  If not, I'll go with this thing since that's all I need for FSX anyway.  

Sorry Tech, jus to clarify you're using a 780 to get those results?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Sorry Tech, jus to clarify you're using a 780 to get those results?

No, that's with my 680. The 780 just came out yesterday so virtually no one has it yet. I should have mine next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm water cooling though so it may be a few days before I get it installed. Who knows, maybe I'll just throw it in and see how it does on the stock cooler first and then install the water block. Oh, and for anyone who is curious, the water blocks on the market that are designed to work with Titan also work with the 780. I have official confirmation of this from Aquacomputer as well as XSPC. Since I'm already using XSPC components primarily in my water cooling loop, I decided to stick with them go the 780. Also the color of their block fits nicely with my overall color scheme.

Hows progress Tech? Get it installed?

I'm very curious about performance.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Just arrived today, benchmarking at stock speeds for now, already 50% faster in Heaven 4.0 at extreme settings, 20% faster in 3dmark 11. That's compared to my 680 that boosts up to 1312MHz/7000MHz overclocked. Boost clock is 1084MHz with temps at 79C. Still a lot of headroom in this card, I'm guessing it will do 1200MHz on air, may go higher when I water cool. Will keep posting results as they come in!

The gtx 770 lauched today, and thank goodness its pricing follows the x70 $400 USD range.  I was worried the 780 set a new pricing precedent.  This post gives a link map to all the review sites for it.  Quick synopsis is it's a ~20% bump up from a 670.  Enjoy!

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Doesn't seem to me that it's worth upgrading to either a 770 or 780 if you've already got a 680...it's only a small percentage in frames and for $400 seems foolish.

I still have a 560Ti...would be nice to see a comparison done in FSX between the 560Ti, 680, 770 and 780 at more average resolutions (i.e. 1920x1080p)...not everyone sits in front of 36" screens and multi-monitor setups. My guess would be maybe a 30% increase in FSX betrween a 560 and 770.

Doesn't seem to me that it's worth upgrading to either a 770 or 780 if you've already got a 680...it's only a small percentage in frames and for $400 seems foolish.

I agree. If you currently have a 680 it would be more worthwhile to pick up another 680 and SLI as opposed to getting a 780 or Titan. That is unless you want/need to have a single GPU. 

Switched from GTX580 to GTX680, and hardly can tell you the difference...

Best.

Miquel.