Well I'll keep my titan this is good news for me, glad I didn't wait

Rich Sennett

780 was never going to be faster than Titan (except when overclocked of course).  I'll keep my extra $350 and have the same performance, glad I did wait.  

Smart move Tech

Wasn't really planning on an upgrade, not in need of more performance but this gives me an opportunity to move to a 4k screen so I jumped on it.  

"4k screen" ? what do you mean

A monitor/television that runs at a resolution of 3840x2160 or 4096x2160 - approximately 4x the current HD 1080P standard.  Should bring FSX to a whole new level of detail.  

Seems pricing is somewhat different here in Australia. One retailer who is usually competitive has the following prices (All in $AUD)

EVGA - $729

EVGA Superclocked - $739

Galaxy - $769

Gigabyte - $829

Asus - $849

I don't really understand how the others could be charging such a premium over EVGA, considering pricing in the states is all comparable. Pricing at other retailers has some variation and now initial drop on 680 prices.

If I was going to buy one of these it would be EVGA anyway but I'd consider shipping over from the states for cheaper pricing which is what I did with my 680.

I was going to pull the pin but the prices above, which I presume you are taking from PCCG? are just a little too much. Having said that, I don't know if ordering one from the states is any cheaper once you factor in the dollar that's just dropped below parity and the shipping costs.

I'll wait a few weeks and see what the reports are like. Hopefully the 680 GTX will drop a little.

The thing I'm thining of is I plan on running 3 monitors with this bad boy, so it ticks all the boxes from that point of view...

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I was lookinng at PCCG.

If you can order one off Amazon total cost including shipping will be about $670-680 AUD based on shipping costs for my previous purchases so you're still saving around $40-50.00 but it may be just as easy to grab an EVGA from PCCG if you were buying.

Should bring FSX to a whole new level of detail.

And single digit FPS!

:P

Not with this level of hardware.

That is the card to have for XP-10...I mean 6GB of memory...you can crank up HDR and all goodies to the max.

Then right after that it completely raped the GTX680 as well. Hahahaha. I wonder where this will be priced. I just got a 7970 Ghz for $397 and my buddy got a 680 for about the same. So if the current Tier 1 cards are $400 and the Titan (780 with big overclock) is $1000, This will probably hit the usual Tier 1 release price of $600 - $650. I mean the 7970 OC was initially $600 at release a year ago. Seems logical.

Only place I see this being useful though is in three screen land. And even then struggling in overcast weather with the PMDG JS41 coming into a UK2000 Extreme airport with fps in the low 20's all for the low low price of $650. :)

I recall Word Not Allowed saying the titan struggled with 4xSGSS Transparancy so in bad weather no miracle AA bump either. But you never know. I bet with Cloud Density at HIGH instead of MAX, it would be doable. Then this card will be the IQ king with regards to razor sharp AA.

But as usual, I am anxiously awaiting the FSX benchmarks and torture tests.

C.