I'm in the exact same boat. Got the 580 GTX and want to run 3 monitors. Will wait and see what the prices are like - would love to go to the 780 GTX but it may just be a bit to expensive. Hopefully they will push the prices of the 680 down a little??

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

at this point its all guessing and predicting. We dont know for sure that the 780 will be somewhere between the prices of the 680 and the titan. For all we know Nvidia could just price the 780 at par with 680 when it was released....eitherway im going to upgrade in the next few months

at this point its all guessing and predicting. We dont know for sure that the 780 will be somewhere between the prices of the 680 and the titan. For all we know Nvidia could just price the 780 at par with 680 when it was released....eitherway im going to upgrade in the next few months

Given NV's past pricing (680 launch price) and current pricing with the Titan I don't think NV will price the 780 at the current 680 price. Enough identical rumors have been reported by credible sites (Toms, Anand, etc) that show the 780 will be 20-30% more expensive than the 680. Some reports say it will be significantly higher than that. 

I would imagine the 770 (rebranded 680) will take the 680's price point and 780 will be as you said between the Titan and 770. After all the 780 is based on the 110 and NV wants to change a premium for it.

If the Titan didn't constantly sell out at $1000 per GPU we might have a different conversation but based on enthusiasts now not being shy with money and no real AMD competition until VI I expect the 7XX's to have a high price vs performance just like NV wants.   

Guess we will know in a little over a week.

I am just curious if the BIOS flash from 680 to 770 will work. 

Some sources on the net are saying the release date is May 23rd. Who is getting one???

Initially I was thinking I might grab a 780 but I'm holding off. At least until reviews anyway. 

More likely than not I'll hold out for Maxwell next year.

Not worth the upgrade for sure. We've kinda hit a wall in terms of GPU performance in FSX. 

In non-GPU bound scenarios, there's going to be no difference whatsoever. In GPU bound scenarios with high AA and SGSS, there's going to be a slight difference. But is this is difference actually significant? In my honest opinion, not. The GTX 680 is already easily able to handle 8xS + 2xSGSS without any performance loss whatsoever, and considering the fact that higher settings will not be noticeable unless you are constantly looking for it, we don't need an even faster card.

Just my $0,02...

For me personally i am going to upgrade to the 780 as i am still on 2 570s and i also play many more games than fsx ie bf3 crysis ect abd they will get a performance boost from the upgrade.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

For me personally i am going to upgrade to the 780 as i am still on 2 570s and i also play many more games than fsx ie bf3 crysis ect abd they will get a performance boost from the upgrade.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

im on the same boat except im running a single 580 and 1440p monitor which KILLS the GPU in other games.

A whole bunch of websites just released results and info on 780 GTX. Here is just one of many;

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review-published-china-25-faster-gtx-680-5-slower-gtx-titan/

Now it just depends on pricing which hopefully we'll know in the next day or so. I think if its around the expected $600 mark I'll be doing this over the 680 GTX unless that drops drastically.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

ant_1984, on 23 May 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6973/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-review

At $650 I'll be holding on to my 680 until Maxwell. That's now a definite for me.

Whereas I went to Newegg and immediately purchased an Evga Superclocked model upon finding out that this card supports 4k resolution, unlike my 680. Looks like several models are still in stock now, something that did not happen when the GTX 680 came out (took forever to get one of those). Also have a water block on the way. I don't expect any huge difference in FSX, except of course it will allow me to upgrade my 2560x1440 27" monitor to a 50" 4k monitor and perhaps run 8x SGSS as well :O

Well, good for nvidia. Through their cleverness of releasing the Titan for $1K and getting people to buy it, they just raised the price bar on their (what was once) top shelf x80 GPUs. Does this also imply that the next x70 cards will come in at the $500 level? Let's see how long this pricing will last....and hopefully AMD won't catch on.

Ripping great card though

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Does this also imply that the next x70 cards will come in at the $500 level? 

Even worse. The 770 is just a rebranded 680 with a new BIOS. All this marketing and branding policy it's so revolting 

I went to Newegg and immediately purchased an Evga Superclocked model upon finding out that this card supports 4k resolution

Now that's a different story. If I was running 2560x1440 or higher I'd be all over a 780 at the moment, but seeing as I'm on 1080P and not looking to upgrade my monitor just yet I think I'll skip the 7XX series.

Enjoy it and let us know comparisons though when you get the card!  :smile: