Sign in to follow this  
Danielsen

Why do you keep begging for fictionals?!

I want the Concorde in all of the United Airlines Liveries that were ever made since 1962. And the Space shuttle. And the Starship enterprize in battleship grey.

... If I want a livery I usually start out by visiting the Avsim.com library. The same will happen if I want a livery for the 777. Do you want a BAW livery on the B777-200LR? then either get photoshopping, or wait a few months for someone else to get photoshopping. The more common the airline is, the more likely you will find a repaint of it on avsim a few months after the PMDG relese. Look at all the liveries available for the NGX in the avsim.com file library! 

777 in Austin Powers livery....yeah baby!! :lol:

austin_powers_jumbo_jet_2.jpg

Will the Boeing livery be included or is it strictly the airlines?

No, there will be an Airbus a350 house colours scheme though. 

coz dats tertally realz ermahgerd

I just bought photoshop. If I can figure it out ok I might open a thread for fictional paints only. Lol. All with our own names and logos in the planes!!!!

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Trying to decipher that made my brain hurt heh. It was like learning Cyrillic all over again :P

Haha - don't worry, you'll figure it out  B)

Bu i red on gahoo dawnswerz dat Unatid bugt 7LRs in FSX..  :huh:

Something along the lines of :: "But I read on yahoo da answers dat United bought 7LRs in FSX" lol I like to decipher things like that.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

WYfox22, on 16 May 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Maybe because there are only a handful of operators of the LR compared to other variants.

Standard PMDG sales policy

Release the least popular model as the base package every one has to buy it, before they can get the one they want. Money making at its finest!

Release the -200LR as an expansion, and only a handful of people will buy it, money down the drain.

Engine Policy, then why not release the -300ER first, same engines, more popular model, but then when the -200LR is released it wont make money.

Two different mindsets in aviation.

Pilots look at an airplane and ask...how fast can it go, how far will it go, how powerful are the engines, how does it handle, what kind of gadgets does it have, is it fun to fly.

Airline execs look at an airplane and ask what is it's payload, how efficient is it, what are the dollar/seat/mile figures, how much profit will it generate.

Since the airline execs ultimately pay the airline's bills, they are the ones who choose what airplane the airline buys. Hence why airplane X is more 'popular' than airplane Y. Is commercial aircraft popularity in the virtual world ultimately connected to realworld economics?

The 200LR is the performance airplane and the 300ER is the profit airplane, which do you want to fly? There is no wrong answer.

As to the 200LR first vs 300ER, maybe PMDG chose performance over profit. That or maybe the 200LR is what they had access to first. :)  I don't know about PMDG, but I know for a few developers, what you have access to makes a big differences in what/when you choose to make.

No, there will be an Airbus a350 house colours scheme though. 

coz dats tertally realz ermahgerd

That would be so ironically hilarious.   

Release the least popular model as the base package every one has to buy it, before they can get the one they want. Money making at its finest!

I hear Captain Sim has a 777-300ER :lol: Oh wait that's in an expansion pack.  How PMDG and other companies decide what gets released first, second, third, etc that's their business.  If it means more money in PMDG's checkbook then so be it.  I'm fortunate the freighter model is in the first release as that's the one I'm after.

As in-depth, realistic and superb quality as all their aircraft are, I still feel I'm getting a bargain regardless of how much I have to spend.

Chris Sunseri

I don't beg for fictionals.... I make my own. :lol:

Posted Image

This was a Hawaiian Airlines repaint I made for the PSS 777-200LR.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Want to wait an additional year or more then? The reason is the engines - the 200LR, 777F and 300ER all use the same engine (GE90-110B/115B). If we did the 200/200ER first we'd have to do FDEs, custom engine code and FMC performance libraries for something like 6 different engines. The engines and tuning the performance stuff are probably the single most time consuming coding thing for any product we make.

And for the record, as with the NGX we are not painting fictional 200LR liveries. If people want to do that after release, there's a paint kit.

So a long while to wait for the 200er then? :P :( 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

As long as someone makes a high quality BA with the 'To fly to serve' logo on the sides, I'll be good. Even then, I can wait for the -300ER to do my BA routes!