Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Is Carenado getting lazy?

Personally, they are far from lazy. They make THE best GA addons for FSX. Their FSX C210 was highly anticipated by myself, so I loved it when it was released. Their recent products though are not priced correctly. $40 for a TBM? You're out of your mind. Their Meridian is beautiful, fun to fly, and has awesome landing lights. But the avionics suite is sloppy and unstable. I've had multiple crashes being attributed to the Aspen suite. 

Bottom line, lower the price. 

If somone offered to let me have a G1000 for my real plane I'd say no thanks I'll take a 530 and an Aspen.

Cmon,  real G1000 is far superior than 530.

Cmon, real G1000 is far superior than 530.

Yea it might be but I don't like them I don't like having all my insterments on one thing because if that fails when your inbad weather your screwed

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Yea it might be but I don't like them I don't like having all my insterments on one thing because if that fails when your inbad weather your screwed

You've clearly never flown in an airplane equipped with the G1000. I suggest your familiarize yourself with the real unit before making statements like this. It makes you look silly.  :rolleyes:

You've clearly never flown in an airplane equipped with the G1000. I suggest your familiarize yourself with the real unit before making statements like this. It makes you look silly. :rolleyes:

Ive flown a friends sr22 its great when it works sorry but I don't like flying approaches on standby gauges.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I actually like the G1000 suite, especially with the FMS-style keypad like in the Citation Mustang. What I don't like nor understand is why they don't allow you to swap out the crappy Carenado G1000 with a 3rd party G1000 like they allow with their GNS 430 and 530 units. I, and many others, own the Mindstar G1000, as it is a darn good G1000 sim that works quite well in 3rd party aircraft, like the MilViz Cessna 310.  It also has updateable navdata, something the Carenado G1000 does not have.

So, I hope Carenado is reading this: Please talk to the developers at Mindstar and make it happen. If you don't want to create a realistic G1000, fine. But at least make swapping it out for the Mindstar G1000 possible. I bet more people would buy the TBM if they did that. It's a win-win for Carenado in my mind as casual simmers can buy the TBM as is, while more hard core simmers can buy the TBM and have the option substitute a better, more advanced simulation of the G1000 suite.

Todd

How are your frames and what are your specs?

No offense, but I don't post my specs online. I work as a GIS/GPS coordinator for my Step fathers company. I am a Corporate Pilot for his company. I am bound by his policy as to no exposure on the internet for our company, as we generally work for the US gov't. We all hold Top Secret Clearances for Data Doc. I will tell you I run the sim in my home office which contains two Hi end machines. One is used for GIS/GPS and the other for Autocad. They have fairly new i7's running at 4.0 Ghz, 32Gigs Ram I think Corsair, platinum power supplies, liquid cooled, they each have 3 EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Superclocked Signature they both have SLI and run on SSD's. The cards are connected to 3 each Panasonic - VIERA - 42" Class (41-9/10" Diag.) - Plasma - 720p - 600Hz - HDTV. So as far as FPS I have no idea it looks real. The sim runs on one machine alone. My weather, planning and any other on the side programs run on the other through my net work. I have track IR and also love it. My desk is in an L shape so I have three monitors in front of me and to my right the other three are all mounted on the wall. Then behind me is two sets of French Doors  and a wall of windows that overlook the TN river. This is my man cave as my wife calls it. My grand kids love to come in here and are usually awe stricken. I have 4 Klipsch La Scala II Cherry that are the center of my surround sound that was installed by a professional company. I can play my music from the computers or my surround sound system so loud my neighbors think I am having a private concert. When the jets I fly are played through them if I turn it up you will need hearing protection to be in the room. I run atc through headphones. This is all protected by ADT with ground monitored alarm system, that is temperature controlled on a sep. HVAC system. My Floor has removable panels that allow all of the wires and cabling to run under the floor. Only my closest friends are allowed to enter into my office, when no work material is out or on the screens.  We have a good time and play hard. This is a country boys paradise. Good luck in the future and Happy Flying. I have no problem staying at work because I get to play at the end of the day or when it is slow. Cpt out.

No offense, but I don't post my specs online. I work as a GIS/GPS coordinator for my Step fathers company. I am a Corporate Pilot for his company. I am bound by his policy as to no exposure on the internet for our company, as we generally work for the US gov't. We all hold Top Secret Clearances for Data Doc. I will tell you I run the sim in my home office which contains two Hi end machines. One is used for GIS/GPS and the other for Autocad. They have fairly new i7's running at 4.0 Ghz, 32Gigs Ram I think Corsair, platinum power supplies, liquid cooled, they each have 3 EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Superclocked Signature they both have SLI and run on SSD's. The cards are connected to 3 each Panasonic - VIERA - 42" Class (41-9/10" Diag.) - Plasma - 720p - 600Hz - HDTV. So as far as FPS I have no idea it looks real. The sim runs on one machine alone. My weather, planning and any other on the side programs run on the other through my net work. I have track IR and also love it. My desk is in an L shape so I have three monitors in front of me and to my right the other three are all mounted on the wall. Then behind me is two sets of French Doors and a wall of windows that overlook the TN river. This is my man cave as my wife calls it. My grand kids love to come in here and are usually awe stricken. I have 4 Klipsch La Scala II Cherry that are the center of my surround sound that was installed by a professional company. I can play my music from the computers or my surround sound system so loud my neighbors think I am having a private concert. When the jets I fly are played through them if I turn it up you will need hearing protection to be in the room. I run atc through headphones. This is all protected by ADT with ground monitored alarm system, that is temperature controlled on a sep. HVAC system. My Floor has removable panels that allow all of the wires and cabling to run under the floor. Only my closest friends are allowed to enter into my office, when no work material is out or on the screens. We have a good time and play hard. This is a country boys paradise. Good luck in the future and Happy Flying. I have no problem staying at work because I get to play at the end of the day or when it is slow. Cpt out.

quite a set up you have! You said you live by the TN river do you work out of Red Stone reason I ask is my soon to be father inlaw works at redstone for SAIC

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sorry Bro can't answer questions like that here, if you get my drift. Nuff said Cpt out.

KylanWalters, on 18 May 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

Personally, they are far from lazy. They make THE best GA addons for FSX. Their FSX C210 was highly anticipated by myself, so I loved it when it was released. Their recent products though are not priced correctly. $40 for a TBM? You're out of your mind. Their Meridian is beautiful, fun to fly, and has awesome landing lights. But the avionics suite is sloppy and unstable. I've had multiple crashes being attributed to the Aspen suite.

Bottom line, lower the price.

I tend to agree. Superficially, Carenado's glass panels might resemble stuff like the PMDG glass panels, but that doesn't mean they are the same. Carenado seems to think that just because it has a glass panel (or because the real-world TBM-850 is so expensive - irrelevant), they can add $15-$20 to the price even if it is simplified and offers no real additional functionality over a steam panel releases..

Personally I've had no problems with their Malibu. If you treat it like a faster version of the Carenado C210, it's immensely enjoyable to fly. The only problem then is the price - it should cost the same as their C210, because in every sim-aspect, it's comparable.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guys I have to eat my words I broke down and got the TBM I still don't like the G1000 but honestly it fits the plane well. The FPS are great I get 30 fps(limited at 30fps) at Orbx KJAC compared to 15fps in the C182T. Get this plane its a really great flying plane!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Get this plane its a really great flying plane!!

Patch is in the works for the standard "Carenado-isms" that is mandatory for each release. She might turn out really nice despite the cackel of cats moaning on the roofs everywhere.

One thing is sure in my observations... No Dev inspires such a rash of post like Carenado does.

On a side note... had a look at the liveries to ascertain the re-paint viability.....    Ah... Not me. No way man.  It's a plate of spaghetti in there.