Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Is Carenado getting lazy?

I mean no offence at this post its simply my opinion I love their older planes because their models are stunning! They've used the same G1000 on there last 3 planes for example the new 850's G1000 is clearly a copy and paste from the C182 as it shows that the aircraft is a C182 in the menus. It seems like they don't care to fix the problems with their planes as there are still unsolved issues with the King Airs. Since the C182T they seem to have the mentality of oh well lets just slap a G1000 in it so we don't have to make new gauges and I expect the new C206 will be the same way. Is this company getting lazy or trying to move forward into an all glass line up?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks for the post my friend. No offense taken you just save me some money. I hate the glass and wish they would stick with what worked. Wish someone could have saved you the money. I spent good money on the two RXP units because they integrate into most of the carenado aircraft and I am thankful for them doing so. They produced a product that works as a real one and it does a good job. Maybe Carenado will hear our plea and quit with the glass. I prefer basics when it comes to GA aircraft. I have been flying for 29 years and it used to be a pleasure to wait for a new Carenado. Now I guess I will look elsewhere for GA as long as this glass stays in the dash. Good luck in the future and happy flying. Cpt out.

Maybe they will take the survey they did to heart.

you should change the title of the thread to "are flightsimmers becoming to freakin picky?"

Yep, I guess they should lose the glass panels whether the real aircraft has them or not since so many complain all the time. That is what it wrong with this hobby, a vendor produces something that stands out and then everyone else complains when other vendors don't have the same thing/funcionality. Maybe they don't have the expertise to come up with something similar to the Flight1 offering, ever cross anyone's mind? maybe if they do it is too cost restrictive for the development time involved. If the aircraft they are modeling comes with a G1000 in real life, then I see nothing wrong with using the same functionality as the one in the sim already. Guess I need to pick the new TBM up before they close up shop due to all the complaints.

Best, Michael

KDFW

My guess is that they tried to make a few modern planes. End of the world? Maybe not...  Maybe Alabeo is taking over the older stuff?

From my point of view, I think it's great!  Heck... I'm hoping for a G1000 G58 Baron!

you should change the title of the thread to "are flightsimmers becoming to freakin picky?"

Yep, I guess they should lose the glass panels whether the real aircraft has them or not since so many complain all the time. That is what it wrong with this hobby, a vendor produces something that stands out and then everyone else complains when other vendors don't have the same thing/funcionality. Maybe they don't have the expertise to come up with something similar to the Flight1 offering, ever cross anyone's mind? maybe if they do it is too cost restrictive for the development time involved. If the aircraft they are modeling comes with a G1000 in real life, then I see nothing wrong with using the same functionality as the one in the sim already. Guess I need to pick the new TBM up before they close up shop due to all the complaints.

The older 850's had steam. I could careless about the utility of the G1000 my point is why even buy this plane if the panel setup is basically the same as the C182T and the G1000 is boring to look at. If somone offered to let me have a G1000 for my real plane I'd say no thanks I'll take a 530 and an Aspen.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hmmm...Kinda reminds me of a 737 600/700 and 737 800/900 series of planes that some one else has done...Same basic cockpits and equipment in the 737 series if I remember correctly...

For what people think Carenado "Should" be doing would more than likely increase the price by $25.00 to $30.00!

They have done what they done for years now...And it seems to work for them, and most of us who just want to fly what they model....

Every time I go to paint one of their planes I still cus...but I get the paint done, simply because they don't feel the need to provide PSD's with the textures!

I own everything they have made...and will continue to purchase their planes, why? Because dollar for dollar....ya just can't beat um'!

This may be my last Carenado.  I have them all and have to say that the steam gauge variety is so superior to the new glass panel.  The VC textures are not of the same high quality I expected.  The screens are blurry and hard to read.  The wording around the buttons is readable but not crisp.  This TBM850 is no better than the Piper Malibu...actually the Malibu feels more realistic.  I say if you are not sure on this, or if yu dislike the glass panel then pass on it. 

Anyone else getting blurry lettering on the screens....its not sharp looking.  I fooled around with texture settings in fsx.cfg but noticed no difference. 

How come they don't listen and try to improve their releases. It's quite frustrating.

I like their stuff and don't expect hardcore fidelity on any of it. Could be revising their G1000 involves too many risks, performance issues.... maybe licensing issues.... maybe the guy that made it is in a funk because he lost his Portuguese girl friend..... anything is possible, I won't second-guess.

I've seen this happen too many times: the audience gets increasingly picky and ambitious in expectations, the cost to deliver to their expectations grows, the audience shrinks as the results get increasingly hardcore and too complicated for a larger audience, and before you know it: Game Over.

Can go the other way too, though; I gave up on flight and air combat sims around 2000 because everyone was going increasingly mass-market and focusing on spurious crap instead of care with the details, and the lazy/cheating results were becoming rapidly less compelling, no matter the financial explanations. Have only recently returned because of an astonishing push for quality and fidelity where it matters among a few of the third-party developers. And some are even proving it doesn't take huge teams and expense, just aggressive, painstaking attention to all the boring details of development, to really do things right.

Guys, Carenado has really upped their game on this one.

The G1000 is way better than previous releases and the 3d knob animation is truly cool..

The plane handles well... looks great...

Hard to understand the critical comments from people who do not actually have the airplane installed..  :unsure: 

Bert

Hi everyone,

I do not have the plane for now. I do not expect to have a 100% true to life TBM - simulation ... that was never my problem ... all I want for myself is nice entertainment.

What is still holding me off is the fear to AGAIN have the same performance problems with this new release as I had with the Cirrus, which is a great plane , but grounded cause of this.

So PLEASE can anyone allready having purchased the TBM give a comparision regarding FPS to the Cirrus, T182 or even the Piper Malibu, which is the only Glass-release from Carenado that performs just outstanding!

Cheers and I really would like to give this plane a chance if any possible!

Thanks for the post my friend. No offense taken you just save me some money. I hate the glass and wish they would stick with what worked. Wish someone could have saved you the money. I spent good money on the two RXP units because they integrate into most of the carenado aircraft and I am thankful for them doing so. They produced a product that works as a real one and it does a good job. Maybe Carenado will hear our plea and quit with the glass. I prefer basics when it comes to GA aircraft. I have been flying for 29 years and it used to be a pleasure to wait for a new Carenado. Now I guess I will look elsewhere for GA as long as this glass stays in the dash. Good luck in the future and happy flying. Cpt out.

After writing this comment, I am usually skeptical about things of this nature. So I went and purchased the TBM850. My comments toward Carenado were truly regretful. I have just installed and completed a test flight with this aircraft. It isn't all that bad. In fact after writing this I will be back in it running it thru the paces. If flys wonderfully. Taxis real easy and so far the only thing I find is that it isn't called a TBM which is easy to fix in the CFG file. It really flies good. It amazed me when I loaded it in darkness turned on the lights and flew the pattern around my home airport. As I fix the General section of the CFG so I am called right I will post further findings as time go by. So far I think it is a keeper. And yes I am eating crow, but I will adapt and over come. Truly sorry for doubting Carenado, so far I have little if no grips with there products. If GA is your thing, give this one a try. I think you can find a happy medium here and fly you will. Nuff said Cpt out.

After writing this comment, I am usually skeptical about things of this nature. So I went and purchased the TBM850. My comments toward Carenado were truly regretful. I have just installed and completed a test flight with this aircraft. It isn't all that bad. In fact after writing this I will be back in it running it thru the paces. If flys wonderfully. Taxis real easy and so far the only thing I find is that it isn't called a TBM which is easy to fix in the CFG file. It really flies good. It amazed me when I loaded it in darkness turned on the lights and flew the pattern around my home airport. As I fix the General section of the CFG so I am called right I will post further findings as time go by. So far I think it is a keeper. And yes I am eating crow, but I will adapt and over come. Truly sorry for doubting Carenado, so far I have little if no grips with there products. If GA is your thing, give this one a try. I think you can find a happy medium here and fly you will. Nuff said Cpt out.

Hey Capt.,

So, what aircraft, in your mind, are comparable?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi everyone,

I do not have the plane for now. I do not expect to have a 100% true to life TBM - simulation ... that was never my problem ... all I want for myself is nice entertainment.

What is still holding me off is the fear to AGAIN have the same performance problems with this new release as I had with the Cirrus, which is a great plane , but grounded cause of this.

So PLEASE can anyone allready having purchased the TBM give a comparision regarding FPS to the Cirrus, T182 or even the Piper Malibu, which is the only Glass-release from Carenado that performs just outstanding!

Cheers and I really would like to give this plane a chance if any possible!

If someone could do that, it would be great. Just a simple shot of the SR22 or T182T in the VC at a moderately complex airport, showing the FPS counter, then the same location with the TBM 850 (and maybe one with an older plane like the C337 for comparison).

I agree about the Malibu - maybe it is because the main display isn't as wide as the one in the SR22/T182T or because it only has one main display... Turning off the right display in the T182T makes a big difference for me, but it's not an acceptable "solution".

As for glass cockpits looking the same between different aircraft - this is actually a common criticism with the real airplanes too. With steam gauges, every plane is unique, especially with older ones that have various combinations of old and new avionics. With the G1000 it looks the same whether it's a small Cessna or a multi-million dollar turboprop. This might be great from an ergonomics point of view, but it removes much of the personality of the airplane.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP