Sign in to follow this  
TisZRH

Several freezes only on 2nd/3rd/etc climbout of the day

Hi everyone!

I've been flying the NGX for as long as it's been out, and I really love it. Thanks for all the great work put in it! 

During all this time, I have experienced the following behaviour during most of my sim sessions: 

I usually fly multiple legs directly after eachother, with real turn-arounds etc., without stopping or reloading the sim - just like the real crews do. (I hate reloading it, because this reloads Ultimate Traffic 2, too, and I don't want that). 

On most occasions, when I'm climbing out after the second, third or fourth. take-off, I experience multiple freezes. They usually start shortly after take-off, occur about every 20-30 seconds and last 5-20 seconds each. Passing about 14'000ft it's all back to normal. Of course they're a pain, because I love flying the SIDs manually and they make it very annoying to do so and work the after take-off flows, too. 

Is this problem known and is there a solution? If not, here are some more facts:

- It only happens with the NGX. I've never experienced it with other addons (I don't own any other PMDG ones, but I often fly the Majestic Dash or the Aerosoft Twin Otter on up to 10 legs per session).

- It happens in the VC view as well as outside

- It *never* happens during the first climbout of the session.

- It occurs during about 80% of the subsequent climbouts

- I use hardly any scenery addons, so it's not them. It happened on isolated (standard FSX) islands in the middle of nowhere, too. I do use Ultimate Traffic, but it has on many occasions happened at airports with no traffic around. Nothing happens on the descent/approach into these airports either. 

- I just changed the weather engine from ASX to FS Global Real Weather and it didn't have an influence on the problem. 

- It's not caused by any complex SIDs. I had it happen on very simple SIDs or even at airports that don't have any. 

- Framerates are unlimited, and I'm usually having around 20-30fps, so normally my PC handles FSX and the NGX very well. 

- I usually don't have any FIXes or arches loaded in the FMC, so it's not that problem either. 

Does anyone have any ideas? What is different between the first climbout of the day and the subsequent ones? 

Any inputs are welcome! I have of course used the search function, read through several freeze/fps threads but didn't find any covering my specific problem...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Tis (flying East Midlands - Skiathos - Kavala - East Midlands right now, and it happened on both intermediate take-offs)

Whats your PC spec? 32 or 64 bit?

Have you applied the HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the CFG file??

i used to fly multiple legs with Maddog, without problems. With NGX i had some more problems then you - fly controls not working on second fly for example. I can't remember all issues becouse, since then, i don't fly multiple legs without restarting fsx. I think there is a problem with NGX, no fsx/windows/system settings. I don't have any solution unfortunately

Probably something with the memory. Sounds like fsx cant load it fast enough anymore after a while. Perhaps tweaking fsx helps.

You could search for HIGHMEMFIX for the fsx.cfg

RGS,

Yori Smulders

Hi guys,

thank you very much for your fast and helpful replies!

As for the specs: I'm running Win 7 64Bit, 

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (4GB)

Indeed I haven't applied the HIGHMEMFIX - I'm gonna try that one. Thanks for the input! 

I'm a bit hesitant to believe it has anything to do with the computer or the operating system, as it only ever appears during the climbout phase of the NGX and always vanishes shortly after passing 10'000ft. But well, you never know!

Sounds like fsx cant load it fast enough anymore after a while.

From my view this appears a bit strange, because even if there's a 4-hour flight after the climbout, no more problems appear afterwards. Not even during descent, when more details/textures need to be loaded. I'm led to believe that if your condition applied, I wouldn't be getting the freezes always and only during the climbout stage. 

By the way, the climbout freeze problem occurs regardless of the time spent flying before - it happened after a total sim running time of just 1 hour as well as after 4 hour legs...

But yeah, you never know. Thanks for the input, and as I said, I'll try the HIGHMEMFIX and report back. Might be a few days though...

Best regards and thanks again!

Tis

Don't think the Highmemfix  will solve  your issue since its only  related  to missing  textures of  aircraft etc,  but   was wondering if  you got  fsuipc  installed  since  that has  solved  many of the freezes  that users  were  having 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If the problem continues after you've tried all the varying suggestions offered to you so far, I would reboot the PC after each single FSX session and see if that helps. I do this before commencing a new sector flight/session. As a result, my FSX doesn't suffer from OOM's, crashes, freezes, etc.

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Are you changing liveries during your quick turns?

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I have the same issues aswell freezes on climb out around 4000 feet for 2 mins then starts again no CTD either. Strange never seen before.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Did it again tonight always happens around 4000 ft for some reason. Baffled

Wayne HART

I have the same issues aswell freezes on climb out around 4000 feet for 2 mins then starts again no CTD either. Strange never seen before.

Did it again tonight always happens around 4000 ft for some reason. Baffled

Lots of questions has been asked regarding the problem...u fail to say what u have n havnt investigated...and i dont have a crystal ball.

Ill have a play today, and post again if cant fix or I do fix. Fingers x

Wayne HART

Also it will help others who are trying  to help you if  you would  reply  if you made  any changes  or done what they have suggested.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Solved. It turned out I was over clocked 4.8 and I reduced it to 4.6 and its stopped. So try that all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne HART