Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

How Are We Doing?

No complaints (and lot's of appreciation to all AVSIM Volunteers) here...   :smile:

Re: The rant .... not sure what the UK part was all about, as I'm in England and get laser fast responses and service when on AVSIM.          Perhaps someone in the UK was moaning about the speeds, but you can't generalize a whole nation because of the impatient unreasonable behaviour of a minority.   :smile:

One thing I have noticed (and it may just be incidental) - the moderation style lately seems much more 'considered' and willing to give discussions and threads the benefit of some time, without the fast judgements and reactions that we've sometimes seen.

I really welcome and appreciate that.   Of course some intervention will always be needed - but AVSIM feels a much more friendly, enabled, place at the moment.

Tom,

You are doing great. Site response is good and download times excellent (100-600Kb/s) here in China. Roy.

Site is doing great I think

One thing that I'd find nice to be brought back is being able to see who's viewing the particular individual sub-forum you're on again, that was a neat thing I thought, now you can only see it on  the main home page.

Or also the thing where you could see in the menu bar which of your friends were online, that was also pretty neat.

Not neccesary, but if you're looking to improve they'd be my two main points. Other than that I'm still enjoying 99% of my time on Avsim with the remaining 1% spent pulling my hair out. Keep up the great work guys!  ^_^   B)  :biggrin:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

@Rónán O Cadhain Friends function now back. I need to look into the forums request.

@Rónán O Cadhain Friends function now back. I need to look into the forums request.

That's great, thanks for doing that so quick.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

The long and the short of it is you're doing fine. My post count doesn't really convey how much time I spend here. It's hard enough keeping up with new products, updates and problems, so avsim comes in really useful for me.

Best wishes,

Jess B

The site is doing fine, look at it everyday though I miss a lot of really well informed posts from people like CoolP and Chock, the site is missing people like that.