Sign in to follow this  
dave2013

FTX Global Screenshots Criticism

Aye! LOL

Apparently alainneedle1 hasn't discovered yet (despite his age ^_^ ) that quite often beauty comes with age... B)

As far as this is concerned:

One big reason why peoples are so attached to FSX is the $$$ in add on invested in it,

The ONLY reason I stick with FSX is that it comes closest to what I like in a sim. Period. Simple as that. If tomorrow something new comes along that surpasses the things I like most in FSX, FSX will be gone and forgotten, no matter how much money I spend on it. I think THIS is the main reason why FSX are so 'attached' to FSX and not money. I think most people here would gladly leave FSX behind if something else offered something better. That's obvious! As it is now, all the other available options don't give me what I want.

Apparently alainneedle1 hasn't discovered yet (despite his age ) that quite often beauty comes with age...

Maybe Alain's "beauty with age" kicked in a few years ago, but kicked out by now :wacko:!

Maybe we'd better ask his better half.

:angel: Ms. Needle, if you are reading this, do you have anything (that's admissible) to add for the record?

Kindest regards,

As far as this is concerned:

The ONLY reason I stick with FSX is that it comes closest to what I like in a sim. Period. Simple as that. If tomorrow something new comes along that surpasses the things I like most in FSX, FSX will be gone and forgotten, no matter how much money I spend on it. I think THIS is the main reason why FSX are so 'attached' to FSX and not money. I think most people here would gladly leave FSX behind if something else offered something better. That's obvious! As it is now, all the other available options don't give me what I want.

I should have said "some peoples" as they have already mentioned it in their post. I am not against any sim. the only one I use is FSX.

Most people in the FSX community (myself included) are looking to Lockheed Martins P3D 2.0, they hold the keys to the FSX community's future and they know it. They have recently released 64-Bit Developer tools which pretty much confirms a 64-bit FSX. They have massively recoded the engine already where lots of .cfg tweaks are no longer required. FSX still has life in it and will be around for a few more years yet, the most interesting thing about P3D 2.0 and beyond is the capability to take your FSX payware and freeware and port it over with all the new updates and features.

I agree with your statement, I also know that you qualify (after reading the EULA as written and not interpreting it to fulfill my own need) as a student as explained in your "About me" since LM does not allow P3D for entertainment.

Maybe Alain's "beauty with age" kicked in a few years ago, but kicked out by now :wacko:!

Maybe we'd better ask his better half.

:angel: Ms. Needle, if you are reading this, do you have anything (that's admissible) to add for the record?

Kindest regards,

On the advice of counsel, I respectfully assert my right to remain silent and decline to answer your question. :friends:

You all know Avsim would not be the same without me...

Now you all can come and get some of this...I'm waiting....  nunchaku-1.gif

Ms. Needle, if you are reading this, do you have anything (that's admissible) to add for the record?

Kindest regards,

On the advice of counsel, I respectfully assert my right to remain silent and decline to answer your question.

You all know Avsim would not be the same without me...

Now you all can come and get some of this...I'm waiting....

Pardon me sir,

I was addressing Ms. Needle (or legal equivalent), to offer her a chance to comment on your behavior insofar as FSX is concerned.

If she wished to voluntarily comment on certain weird practices referred to graphically involving whips and sticks instead, there will be those who may want the details, but should carry on the conversation by PM.

The Secretary may or may not disavowal any knowledge of the contents of this post, the poster who may, or may not, be masquerading as Avsim staff, the participants, posters, readers, or who may, or may not be suddenly interested, and strictly forbids any further discussions that may or may not indicate otherwise.

Kind regards that may or may not be given by who may, or may not be the poster indicated, that goes by the first name that may or may not be

They have recently released 64-Bit Developer tools which pretty much confirms a 64-bit FSX.

No, it does not confirm that. When installing 3DS Max, there is an option to install either the 32 bit or 64 bit version, depending on your operating system. Up until now, the MDL exporter for 3DS has only worked in the 32 bit version. The Prepar3D team updated the 3DS Max 2012 exporter to work in the 64 bit version of the program as well now. This just means faster exports with higher levels of detail. It has nothing at all to do with the core engine.

Brandon Filer

No, it does not confirm that. When installing 3DS Max, there is an option to install either the 32 bit or 64 bit version, depending on your operating system. Up until now, the MDL exporter for 3DS has only worked in the 32 bit version. The Prepar3D team updated the 3DS Max 2012 exporter to work in the 64 bit version of the program as well now. This just means faster exports with higher levels of detail. It has nothing at all to do with the core engine.

Oh I stand corrected, so the 64 bit is still speculation then, well here is to positive thoughts about 2.0

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Pardon me sir,

I was addressing Ms. Needle (or legal equivalent), to offer her a chance to comment on your behavior insofar as FSX is concerned.

If she wished to voluntarily comment on certain weird practices referred to graphically involving whips and sticks instead, there will be those who may want the details, but should carry on the conversation by PM.

The Secretary may or may not disavowal any knowledge of the contents of this post, the poster who may, or may not, be masquerading as Avsim staff, the participants, posters, readers, or who may, or may not be suddenly interested, and strictly forbids any further discussions that may or may not indicate otherwise.

Kind regards that may or may not be given by who may, or may not be the poster indicated, that goes by the first name that may or may not be

Here's what Ms. Needles reaction was after reading your post...

6251_110633184926_113491_n.jpg

Yes, this is really Ms. Needle....by the way, if I remember correctly....did we not have a bet concerning Flight been Hawaii only....as far as I remember did you not say (at the time) that if Flight was to be Hawaii only you would parade down the street naked playing some "kinda" drums? Where is the film of that parade? :wub: (Question asked by Ms. Needle)

if I remember correctly....did we not have a bet concerning Flight been Hawaii only....as far as I remember did you not say (at the time) that if Flight was to be Hawaii only you would parade down the street naked playing some "kinda" drums? Where is the film of that parade? :wub: (Question asked by Ms. Needle)

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but did the team not release Alaska? :P

Brandon Filer

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but did the team not release Alaska? :P

You are right, I should have said "at release" as the bet was, if you also remember I've said that part of the world or plane would be added to the store for you to buy, man....did I get a beating over that one or what  :vava:  ...we (I) sure had a good time with all that back then... :Party:

Wow!

Alaine,

What is the name of tarnashun are you playing games on the internet and talking to me when you have such a goddess to share your life with! I am truly overwhelmed and to meet your acquaintance. As you no doubt know more than we do by a considerable measure, Alain is Alain, and we would not have him any other way.

As far as Hawaii only, it is not for Hawaii only but also Alaska, thank you Lord! I don't even have it installed anymore! For sure, you would not want me to parade down the road naked as it would drive away the tourists and bankrupt the state!

it's like putting lipstick on a cow

LOL.... I guess what we still do with FS9 is like putting it on with a trowel !!

Spartan0536, on 13 Jul 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Most people in the FSX community (myself included) are looking to Lockheed Martins P3D 2.0, they hold the keys to the FSX community's future and they know it. They have recently released 64-Bit Developer tools which pretty much confirms a 64-bit FSX. They have massively recoded the engine already where lots of .cfg tweaks are no longer required. FSX still has life in it and will be around for a few more years yet, the most interesting thing about P3D 2.0 and beyond is the capability to take your FSX payware and freeware and port it over with all the new updates and features.

If I actually see a released FSX version (code) in 64 bit, then I would buy it in a second. I don't have any issues with FSX as it sits on my hard drive...... but only with my constant O.O.M.'s running it, because of the level of detail I wish to view. 64 bit? No problem....it's solved! Sold.....

Wow!

Alaine,

What is the name of tarnashun are you playing games on the internet and talking to me when you have such a goddess to share your life with! I am truly overwhelmed and to meet your acquaintance. As you no doubt know more than we do by a considerable measure, Alain is Alain, and we would not have him any other way.

As far as Hawaii only, it is not for Hawaii only but also Alaska, thank you Lord! I don't even have it installed anymore! For sure, you would not want me to parade down the road naked as it would drive away the tourists and bankrupt the state!

No, not me...but Ms. Needle would not mind at all :Love:  ....hahaha