Sign in to follow this  
BFarney

Flight1 King Air B200

Brent, I wrote the manual.  There's some operational notes in there that are the kind of thing I'd usually put into a tutorial.  That said, I'm open to the idea, and if folks want it, I'll write one.

Barfly, the manual is in the main FSX folder...apparently a glitch with the installer.  It's also in the Start menu under Flight One Software > King Air B200.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

OK. First thoughts. After downloading the x86 version of the C++ runtimes for my win64 OS, (I had to do this to get the options icon operational), I took it around the pattern at the B 737 factory. Without a weather add-on, it is like most turboprops, just a little too stable for me...BUT! I fired up FSGlobal and now it's real nice! What I like is the significant amount of rudder necessary to coordinate turns and the sense of size the FDE provides. You don't fly this bird with your fingertips. The frame rate is quite frankly, very good. Now, I'm running a 2600k at 4.9 GHz with an SSC EVGA 680, but the improvement over the Mustang is very pronounced. Much smoother. And I haven't disabled any of the glass. More to come.<br /><br />Kdub

First impressions:

-Easy install but it took a while with loading the navdata

-Initial attempt at programming throttles etc with FSUIPC didnt work and I was kinda worried. Fired the sim up a second time and the assignments were there and working fine ??

-Most (if not all) my experience is with MIL sim aircraft, but I found the FDE to be wonderfully smooth and nuanced. Slow flight very behaved. Not a "fingertip flyer" but easy to trim out.

-Engine spoolup "feels" much more accurate than other turbos

-Love the way the MFD/PFD's work by clicking them to open as standalone windows

-Framerates OMG very easy on the FPS considering all the glass. And smooth.

-Not for the faint of heart regards systems depth

Prob got to do a bunch of studying

PS. -Some odd sound issues with mixing of the outside and in cabin engine sounds

Some odd sound issues with mixing of the outside and in cabin engine sounds

Henry, would you please post this comment in the Flight1 B200 forum?  It'd be helpful if you could elaborate on it, too.  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Henry, would you please post this comment in the Flight1 B200 forum?  It'd be helpful if you could elaborate on it, too.  Thanks!

Will do. I will do some more in depth flying tomorrow morning as well.

Thanks, Henry.  Great feedback!

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

My first impression - terrific. Did a flight KSEA-KPDX with Orbx PNW scenery and UTII AI, and a frame rate hit just wasn't noticeable...VC was stutter-free when panning with TrackIR, even at KSEA. The visuals are beautiful inside and out, and the turboprop simulation (sounds and spool up) compares well to the best out there. The flight went well and ended with an ILS approach plugged into the G1000. The approach itself was smooth - I took over from the AP at about 2000' AFE and had an easy time controlling the descent despite a mild crosswind from the right. She handles quite nicely...definitely a keeper and certainly the best King Air for FSX so far.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

My real quick first impressions...

I need to read the manual for sure hehe

I know everyone is curious about the G1000 performance.  It's decent actually... maybe a little better than the Mustang.  I was getting about 18-22 fps at payware airports with LOD 5.5 and NO ai traffic...  other settings near max.  If you have one of those shiny new Haswell or even Ivy Bridge PC's you won't notice any issues.  I was getting some stuttering around payware airport as you can see the fps variance is around 20% in my shot.  This is basically what I expected with the G1000 glass cockpit.

Sounds are excellent.  Beta sounds just like I remember when listening to the king airs at work... Handling feels great, it actually feels a little heavy and about right to me (not that I have any BE20 time).  I'm having a small issue with coordinated turns where the rudder doesn't seem to work in the entirety of the turn - could be my setup...

I flew a quick self vectored ILS at KLAS (FSDT).  G1000 was fairly smooth itself as far as numerical readouts go.  I used the 2D popup for the autopilot controller (I have iPhone not android so the app was of no use to me).  The operation of AP is intuitive and easy like the Mustang.  One minor nitpick I'd love to see a clickspot on the MFD for the A/P controller.  At present one has to click the MFD, opening that popup, then click the popup to get the A/P controller popup.  On the Mustang all I had to do was click the MFD VC clickspot to open A/P controller popup.  They may have been trying to save performance by omitting that clickspot.  I haven't tried safe taxi yet but I probably won't be accessing that feature because I'm used to AFD on second monitor.

This plane is pretty slippery so manage descents/power hehe.  With that said I love the KTAS cruise!  The blackhawk mods really add some power to this beast.  (I find myself addicted to going fast in FSX).

VC has three interior options managed via config panel and they all look excellent.  VC cockpit looks great as well.  There are some knobs that operate with a mouse press, but some need the + or - signs to operate (prefer mouse knob interaction overall).  I'm not sure if I like the glassy texture over the G1000 or not...  it's on for now and can be easily disabled at the config program.

I havent even touched the config program found on their video...  and I haven't broken anything (yet hehe).

Overall I'll be flying this one pretty often, I may end up balancing settings a little better (and staying away from LOD 6.5 around payware scenery).

Seen here is a typical viewpoint for me (zoom 1.00 with TIR 5)... FSDT KLAS LOD 5.5 no AI traffic.... most other settings max.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/decentfpsstutters.jpg~original

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sounds are excellent. Beta sounds just like I remember when listening to the king airs at work... Handling feels great, it actually feels a little heavy and about right to me (not that I have any BE20 time). I'm having a small issue with coordinated turns where the rudder doesn't seem to work in the entirety of the turn - could be my setup...

This is the second time somebody has mentioned the heavy rudder input required for coordinated turns.  Is that accurate for this airplane?  I read somewhere that the RealAir Dukes require a little too much rudder compared to the real thing, so is this one worse or better?

It very well may be on my end I just don't know.  But even with max rudder input my turns aren't coordinated.  They appear to be but then the TC shows misaligned triangle and bar as the plane starts to skid/slip...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ryanbatcund, on 12 Jul 2013 - 9:35 PM, said:

It very well may be on my end I just don't know. But even with max rudder input my turns aren't coordinated. They appear to be but then the TC shows misaligned triangle and bar as the plane starts to skid/slip...

I doubt it's your setup, if you don't notice it on any other airplane, and you aren't the first person to mention it. I can't say because I haven't gotten it yet.  Full rudder  (and you can confirm visually that the rudder is hard over) and the ball doesn't center  doesn't sound like a good thing.

This is the second time somebody has mentioned the heavy rudder input required for coordinated turns. Is that accurate for this airplane? I read somewhere that the RealAir Dukes require a little too much rudder compared to the real thing, so is this one worse or better?

I didn't buy the B200 - although it tempts me...! This turn coordination requiring way to much rudder is typical of MSFS aircraft designed to allow for "realistic" sideslips. One consequence is that they require a completely irrealistic amount of rudder to coordinate the turn.

There is yet another shortcoming - turns performed with the turn-coordinator to be standard rate turns will take a lot less or a lot more than 2'.....

BTW: The real Kingairs are "feet on the floor". You use rudder during takeoff/landing or to sideslip or overcome an engine failure situation, other than that, even because the YD is "ON" most of the time, you use only the yoke.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.