Sign in to follow this  
BFarney

Flight1 King Air B200

Gregg_Seipp, on 11 Jul 2013 - 4:58 PM, said:

I was getting pretty poor frames on the Mustang and then Oz (The Great) mentioned to me to up the size of my paging file...huge improvement on my system.

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that would make a difference Gregg, especially with the amount of memory you have and assuming not too much else running other than FSX. Very strange, but glad that Rob was able to help you out.

Despite all the problems I see others reporting, the Mustang has never run badly on my modest system. I don't fly it much mostly because of the struggles I've had trying to integrate my multi-panel to the AP and a few other control details. Too much mouse clicking required for my tastes. I hope the B200 is better, as I'm now cautiously interested again after seeing this feature set. It certainly looks like Flight1 intend to make a strong statement with this plane.

Holdit, on 11 Jul 2013 - 5:29 PM, said:

"If it's glass, I take a pass..." :smile:

I guess I'd say "If it's poorly done glass, I take a pass..." The Mustang is glass done well, and from the listed features, this looks to be even a cut above that.

Scott

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that would make a difference Gregg, especially with the amount of memory you have and assuming not too much else running other than FSX. Very strange, but glad that Rob was able to help you out.

Well, dunno.  I went in to the virtual memory settings and noticed that Windows had set it to very small.  I bumped it up and forgot about it.  But a couple of days later I noticed that I was getting solid frame rates everywhere and cranked up my sliders.  Even maxed out, I'm still getting better framerates than I was before I changed it.  That's the only thing I changed.

Despite all the problems I see others reporting, the Mustang has never run badly on my modest system. I don't fly it much mostly because of the struggles I've had trying to integrate my multi-panel to the AP and a few other control details. Too much mouse clicking required for my tastes. I hope the B200 is better, as I'm now cautiously interested again after seeing this feature set. It certainly looks like FlightOne intend to make a strong statement with this plane.

I do have the VRInsight MCP Combo It works pretty well with LINDA and that probably got me over the hard part.  I have the Saitek Multiswitch but I only use the gear handle on that.  Slowly, I've gotten to love flying it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is this Garmin only or will it have a cockpit option for EFIS, like the aeroworx?

G1000 only.... With Navigraph will make for a welcomed addition to my fleet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It does have TAWS.

I'm getting better frames than I do with the Citation Mustang using an i5-2320, 8GB RAM, and an nVidia GT 430 video card.

The Android app is about as easy to use as you can get...it's not the full "FMC" since the B200 with a G1000 suite doesn't have one, it's the GCU 477 MFD Controller.  It's VERY nice not to have to pop up a 2D panel for it!

Edited by Yoda967

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

It does have TAWS.

I'm getting better frames than I do with the Citation Mustang using an i5-2320, 8GB RAM, and an nVidia GT 430 video card.

The Android app is about as easy to use as you can get...it's not the full "FMC" since the B200 with a G1000 suite doesn't have one, it's the GCU 477 MFD Controller. It's VERY nice not to have to pop up a 2D panel for it!

Hi Kurt,

Is it going to need a dedicated LINDA module?  Does it work with the same commands as the Mustang?  The standard FSX commands?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Gregg,

Maybe this will answer your question: I don't really know what LINDA does.  

As for your peripheral controllers, the setup is exactly the same as with the Mustang.  Exact same commands.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Wow, this looks like a stunner.  Will be interesting to take a look at for sure.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Very impressive indeed. I hope it does well. It's certainly nice to see more developers incorporating A2A-like features.

It won't be going on my system though, because of the performance-killing qualities of glass cockpits and the fact that a glass cockpit just seems to rip the soul out of the King Air.

"If it's glass, I take a pass..." :smile:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the MilViz offering.

Using proper techniques, even the most complex glass can have ZERO impact on framerates as Majestic has proved....

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Based on the video, F1 has substantially raised the bar in the FSX King Air world.  Between this and the upcoming B350i and B350 from MilViz, my thoughts of buying the Carenado B200 are completely squashed.  Will these add on aircraft be expensive?  Absolutely!  It takes considerable time to program all the systems, create all the models and textures and properly beta test everything, that costs money.  But, in this case, I think we will get what we pay for.

I am concerned about frame rates with glass cockpits, especially on my old computer.  I'll wait for some reviews.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Gregg,

Maybe this will answer your question: I don't really know what LINDA does.  

As for your peripheral controllers, the setup is exactly the same as with the Mustang.  Exact same commands.

Well, that's hopeful.  LINDA is a tool that provides a relatively simple way to integrate hardware to a plane.  I can map knobs (change headings, altitude, course, control the MCP, PFD, frequencies), buttons (autopilot modes)  and switches (lights, trim) to commands quickly and easily.  There's a module for the Mustang that works for most things pretty well.  Keeping the mouse out of the aircraft is far more efficient and you don't suffer from the mouse pointer framerate issue.

Gregg

EDIT: More information about LINDA can be found here...

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/424-linda/

Gregg Seipp

Looks like they will release it tomorrow so you still have some time to install fsx or try your luck and install it in p3d

I would not be bother to try.  Until P3D changes the license language to include permitted use of, says the academic license, as entertainment use, F1 will not work in P3D.  They have special code that will disable the VC in P3D.  P3D 2.0 license scheme may change but I would not hold my breath.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

This looks super fantastic - it is on my "to buy as soon as possible list" - and regarding performance, well i guess it's trial and error, but i am confident that it will overall work properly. So it remains on my "tto buy as soon as possible list"!

Cheers, Christoph

Product page is up.... Almost there!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have said this before but here we go again. I love Flight1 and what they do product wise, but to be preaching about the license terms of P3D when almost every other comapny supports P3D is just nonsense.

The ONLY reason F1 will not support P3D IMHO is to protect their own commercial interests with F1 Tech. Why would you risk allowing personal use of addons in the P3D / ESP code that you have been selling for hugely inflated prices to commercial customers? If there is no real way of knowing who is installing the addons for what purpose, you risk allowing commercial use of personal addons.

I would have more respect for F1 if they just came out and said so rather than hiding behind questionable statements over who can and cannot legally use P3D. LM are happy to sell it to us, orbx and many other addon devs are fine with it, so you can only question F1's motives and logically come to the conclusion I outlined above (or something very similar).

The B200 looks very good though and Im not surprised. Im just not sure I can support a company that clearly has no plans to support an upcoming platform which will benefit the community as a whole, especially when V2.0 arrives.