Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nurmblitz

Repainters, tell us of your choice

Hello,

For as long as I have simmed I have wondered why the great contributors to our hobby, the repainters, do not give us more information about the aircraft they paint.

To accomplish such a work, it must mean a thing to the repainter. I understand that sometimes a cool looking paint is enough to get it into sim, but often there are planes from their local airport, the plane they have owned or flown. Or the historical meaning or situation of a certain paint.

I´m sure there are lot of simmers like me, who would gladly accept more information about the planes we now can share via our hobby.

This thread was triggered just now by downloading a new paint for Manfred Jahn´s C-47 mod. It was a PAA repaint, but a very special looking paint, a wartime paint?

Come on, don´t keep the information to yourselves, share it! We love aircraft and it would be great to know more about the history behind repaints.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think a lot of repainters such as I pick certain paint schemes by how much it appeals to them and also the complexity of it you may be reading into this a bit to much at least when it comes to civil aircraft.

I think a lot of repainters such as I pick certain paint schemes by how much it appeals to them and also the complexity of it you may be reading into this a bit to much at least when it comes to civil aircraft.

Rich, I have at least five of your superb NGX paints in my hangar.

Southwest Silver being my favorite.

A long overdue Thank you Sir!

Thank you Pal appreciate it - simple thanks goes a long way, Silver did come out pretty nice  :p0502:  take care.

It also depends on the paintkit or lack of one for some.A good, well layed out paintkit will keep me going back to that aircraft over some others.

A good paint kit is the key.  An aircraft without a paint kit or a difficult to use or confusing paint kit is not going to get much love.

Even if an aircraft has no paintkit it is always possible to make one out of it. I've done this before in my FS9 days.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I usually give every paint a personality. Source data is gathered from rzjets.net or similar and is then inserted into the "Description=" line of the fltsim.x entry. It contains line numbers, delivery dates, previous operators, etc...

I also make sure that the registration matches an appropriate subtype of the plane. I have a hard time depicting a 737-200Adv with a registration number only used on a regular -200...