Sign in to follow this  
tazz

FTX GLOBAL - New 3D Lights

I only run UTX for the lighting so it looks like I might be able to free up some hard drive space. I really try not to get excited about upcoming releases with all the usual issues like slow downloads,server crashes,links not working,serial numbers not registering,forums exploding yada yada yada but I'm really looking forward to this regardless of any possible day one issues. Hasn't been this much buzz since the NGX. Good times.

Could you please tell us how you modified the halo.bmp  files to be a smaller size?

Thanks a lot,

Howard

There is a program fsx_lights.zip. I think Mike Swannick is the name of the author. Just follow the easy steps in the read me file. If you run REX and change the lights in REX you will have to add the halo.bmp back since REX over rights it with it's own halo.bmp.

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX

How do you mean exactly...? They will fit in nicely with FTX Global. FTX Global comes with a so called hybrid mode which makes all installed FTX regions active at once, so no more need to switch them on and off. You will miss a few things but they are minor and most people won't notice the difference, so I've been told.

I mean't do we have to buy there FTX(Eu,Au,PW) Separately or It shall be covered in FTX Global?

1y329d.jpg

They are covered but not in the same detail as a full blown region.

Looks great, just wish I could afford a copy to test compatibility with my in-progress addons for Canada and .....

They are covered but not in the same detail as a full blown region.

Correct. And don't forget the coverage in FTXG will be quite basic: only ground textures and autogen! FTX regions come with region specific ground textures, region specific autogen, mesh, roads, waters, upgraded airports... a LOT more! (I still think some people expect too much from FTXG considering the current hype...)

Looks like the FTXG files are starting to be uploaded to the Flightsimstore servers!  :lol:

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Any idea on pricing yet I suspect it will be very expenisve!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Looks like the FTXG files are starting to be uploaded to the Flightsimstore servers!  :lol:

Yap, already uploaded

Any idea on pricing yet I suspect it will be very expenisve!

99 AUD Base Pack(that will lauches Saturday, then + 99AUD with LC (Later, planned Aug. ou Sep.

(I still think some people expect too much from FTXG considering the current hype...)

I guess their expectation is that it will be worth $99.  I'll be interested in how it compares to GEX and UTX.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I only run UTX for the lighting so it looks like I might be able to free up some hard drive space. I really try not to get excited about upcoming releases with all the usual issues like slow downloads,server crashes,links not working,serial numbers not registering,forums exploding yada yada yada but I'm really looking forward to this regardless of any possible day one issues. Hasn't been this much buzz since the NGX. Good times.

UTX also provides correct coastlines & missing roads, rivers, streams, bridges and repositions airports to their actual location.  Only FTX regional packs would provide this type kind of coverage.  

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

I guess their expectation is that it will be worth $99.  I'll be interested in how it compares to GEX and UTX.

Well compared to GEX it will certainly be significantly cheaper, that much we already know, but comparing it to UTX is only valid if you are looking at the night lights.

- Aaron

Well compared to GEX it will certainly be significantly cheaper, that much we already know, but comparing it to UTX is only valid if you are looking at the night lights.

So, Global is, essentially, GEX with lights that you don't have to buy multiple regions for?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well that's cheaper than originally mentioned, I think I've seen three prices listed now over its development, $300+, $195 and now $99. I'm guessing they realised that most people simply can't afford triple digit price tags, sadly I can't even justify $99 right now though, least of all that doesn't include the improved landclass which might sound cheap at ~$15 an area but how many areas are they going to split things up in to?! Oh and that doesn't include the other packs like airports, etc. they are making as part of it. So I guess that $300+ price tag is still there, just spread out and hidden across the entire package. For that kind of money I'd be more interested in P3D which looks good out of the box and still have some money left over for some of Carenado's new birds.

So, Global is, essentially, GEX with lights that you don't have to buy multiple regions for?

Nope, you've still got to buy multiple regions if you want to get all the landclass which is what will probably make the biggest difference to the sim since the default landclass quite bluntly sucks compared to what we find in the real world out our windows. As a base this seems more like REX.