Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wanabflyer

PRO ATCX (Pointsoftware) forum site down

I hope this is a good sign for a change. They have been taking a beating lately.

Regards,

I hope this is a good sign for a change. They have been taking a beating lately.

Regards,

Yeah me too. There was a talk of moving the forum to another place. Would be good to mention it a few day prior on the forums if thats the case. Otherwise oh man there might be another attack by the customers lol

Was answered in another thread. They are performing a server update and hope to be online again tomorrow.

Jos

It's up here. But still no new patch... Not that I really care: I don't even have it installed anymore (flying GA only lately).

So I see. Seems to me that it was more reliable before it got fixed, maintained, or whatever.

And down again :(

As alpha117/Clive is part of the crew here at Avsim, I wonder if he might be able to request a temporary forum to be activated here on Avsim?

The developers have stated they are performing an entire re-write of their product, which in my mind is a major undertaking... that being said:

Some forum members feel they have been slighted ( for what reasons I can't imagine ) and are somewhat constant in their bashing of the PATCx product....

I feel most of us are comfortable with our purchase and are happy that PATCx is under improvement.. I don't know of any developer that sells a product with an agreement to perform weekly updates.. so you get what you get..

The developers did set a pretty high standard in the beginning with almost weekly updates and patches so I guess the general public began to expect this kind of service.

While the product may have some small issues, it is in fact a viable product as it stands in it's current version, and I feel the 'they have been taking a beating lately' is unwarranted. ( the negative postings on their site, not the comment ).....

The developers have stated they are performing an entire re-write of their product, which in my mind is a major undertaking... that being said:Some forum members feel they have been slighted ( for what reasons I can't imagine ) and are somewhat constant in their bashing of the PATCx product....I feel most of us are comfortable with our purchase and are happy that PATCx is under improvement.. I don't know of any developer that sells a product with an agreement to perform weekly updates.. so you get what you get..The developers did set a pretty high standard in the beginning with almost weekly updates and patches so I guess the general public began to expect this kind of service.While the product may have some small issues, it is in fact a viable product as it stands in it's current version, and I feel the 'they have been taking a beating lately' is unwarranted. ( the negative postings on their site, not the comment ).....

Jim, I and most PATC users have read the many posts informing us of the major rewrite of this product and have accepted it.

What I think Jarkko is saying (Forgive me if I'm wrong Jarkko) is that notwithstanding this, it does not mean the entire community is supposed to hibernate for however long it takes.

A forum of this nature is created so that the community can share their experiences and sometimes problems, in the hope of bettering their experience with the product, not to mention being a conduit for communication with the devs with the purpose of resolving problems and bugs that cannot be solved by the community at large. You can't do this if the site is not running.

I am not a developer brasher, nor am I stupid enough to accept that the level of communication in this particular case, is of a particularly impressive standard, so i see nothing wrong in many customers getting a bit upset at no answers to 3-month old bug reports. I do not however agree with rude and angry outbursts expressed in some of the posts over at the PATC forum.

I guess what I am trying to say is, it is fine to defend any developer against unfair comment, rudeness and out and out bashing, but it is not fine to jump on every person with a genuine complaint or request just because you disagree or, as it seems lately, to be "Politically correct".

Regards,

Rick.

Ha ha be happy  VOX atc doesn't even have a forum and support only possible through email to the DEV. Having said that the support is top notch when it finally arrives, 1-3 days..

Ha ha be happy  VOX atc doesn't even have a forum and support only possible through email to the DEV. Having said that the support is top notch when it finally arrives, 1-3 days..

But it has an unofficial one on this site and it works.

Regards,

But it has an unofficial one on this site and it works.

Regards,

Yes but its only run by us users , there is no staff and they never visit,  but agreed still better than nothing

I agree with Rick, if you cant make a reasonable (if robustly worded) comment on a forum dedicated to support of a product regarding the fact that the manufacturers of that product hardly ever give support of their product, then well...... and locking a thread just because it is making such comment is a bit big brother to say the least.

Having said that angry comments or insults have no place on a forum.

Hello,

Like Rick mentioned, I didn't have a hidden agenda in my previous post.

During the last month, the ProATC forum software/database has been quite unstable. This is why I suggested a (temporary?) forum to be setup here on Avsim.

- Jarkko

I agree with Rick, if you cant make a reasonable (if robustly worded) comment on a forum dedicated to support of a product regarding the fact that the manufacturers of that product hardly ever give support of their product, then well...... and locking a thread just because it is making such comment is a bit big brother to say the least.

Having said that angry comments or insults have no place on a forum.

Anytime I have requested support via email ( as stated on PATCx 's website ) I have been given said support...

I don't consider a post to a forum as a means for support for a non-working application. I consider such postings as a general ' hey has anyone seen this' query and I don't expect ( though I welcome ) direct vendor support for such a query / posting.

I guess my issue with 'forum complaints about the developers not being consistently present' is that unless the vendor in fact only has a 'forum' as the means for product support is that such complaints are misdirected and do nothing but 'sour' the product for no reason but to attempt to hurt the vendor for a perceived lack of support.

I see your point, and yes you are right a forum is not necessarily meant as a direct line to a developer etc. Its just when the input from said is so very low, very much lower than from other 'official' forums.  It would be easy for the developer(s) to comment/reassure on some topics say once a week. It is inevitable that people will comment and the line between comment and complaint is sure to be crossed at some point. This would be easy to prevent with some level of input, there is generally too much 'second hand' information which I think is introducing an air of mistrust, and to be fair we have purchased an expensive product based on a certain level of 'trust' ....we are effectively testers for the product, therefore when comments are made many of which coming from very knowledgeable people or requests made for inclusions in future releases it would be nice to hear  some response, rather than feeling that these suggestions are just buried. For the record I think that Proatc should become one of the best if not the best add on for FSX.

Regards

Tim

Anytime I have requested support via email ( as stated on PATCx 's website ) I have been given said support...I don't consider a post to a forum as a means for support for a non-working application. I consider such postings as a general ' hey has anyone seen this' query and I don't expect ( though I welcome ) direct vendor support for such a query / posting.I guess my issue with 'forum complaints about the developers not being consistently present' is that unless the vendor in fact only has a 'forum' as the means for product support is that such complaints are misdirected and do nothing but 'sour' the product for no reason but to attempt to hurt the vendor for a perceived lack of support.

I don't want to get into a long drawn out argument/discussion over this, but feel that I must point out that a ticket system (which PATC doesn't have) or email support is fine, but I think that forums are also there so that not just the problem is made public, but so is the solution.

I might also add that on the PATC site, bug reporting/feed back threads are actually also generated by the developer or his representative, not just the PATC user.

Regards,

Hate to bring up an old topic, but I purchased this software a few days ago. I have only once been able to access their forum (for about 15 min).

I continually get this message: 

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './db1075950@002dproatcxforumdbx/bb3f_users' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to integrate PRO ATC/X with PFPX and how. 

I've sent several support emails over a period of about 2-3 days and have not heard a single thing back from them......