Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

but what do you think we're doing at cruise?

Good point.  Maybe reading a few thousand pages of manuals so we can ask you more questions?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

he's having trouble keeping up with the forums

I'm at work and I use that time to go through the day's new threads and replies.  It's exhausting.  

I mean I'm working hard for my employer.  

I'm at work and I use that time to go through the day's new threads and replies.  It's exhausting.  

I mean I'm working hard for my employer.  

I am a bit quiet tonight as I have domestic stuff to do, but will be in there air tomorrow and sharing more info and screens as I cruise. I would just like to thank you all for responding to us testers so positively and courteously with your questions. We are all enjoying sharing info with you!

- Jane Whittaker

I am a bit quiet tonight as I have domestic stuff to do, but will be in there air tomorrow and sharing more info and screens as I cruise. I would just like to thank you all for responding to us testers so positively and courteously with your questions. We are all enjoying sharing info with you!

That's great Jane.  We are enjoying all the sneak peaks we can get.  

Good point.  Maybe reading a few thousand pages of manuals so we can ask you more questions?

Did that on my RW flights this past weekend, and in my room at the hotel while kept tortuously far away from my sim comp.  Haha. 

Kyle Rodgers

Hey there!

First of all thanks for the updates, gonna be a fanstastic aircraft!

Question: Does the beacon light alluminate the engines/fuselage?

This is one of the few things that got worse if you compare the FS9 737 and the NGX.

Cheers!

/Zmoce

I'm not sure if this has been answered already, but can both mcdu's be used seperately, or is the right one (as on the NG) "only" for setting up the sim?

As I understand it the EFB won't be included, are there any plans to add it later (patch, SP1)?

Oh, boy it really looks terrific, I guess just going through all the checklist will be hours of fun :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

Denmark

Umm, what NG do you have? 'Cause on the one I have the right CDU is independent and fully functional. Now from what I understand, the Aersosoft Airbus is the way you describe, but the NGX has never been that way.

Steve Caffey

Umm, what NG do you have? 'Cause on the one I have the right CDU is independent and fully functional. Now from what I understand, the Aersosoft Airbus is the way you describe, but the NGX has never been that way.

I think he/she thought that you can program them independently - and this is partly true, because what you program into the 1st FMC that appears in the 2nd too. It's the same in reality. So it's not like Bombardier Dash8, that you have to copy from what you've already programmed FMC. 

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Sorry, my bad. I have been an "airbus" man lately, but I'm pretty sure that it's gonna change when the T7 is out, and it was off course the airbus that doesn't have a duplicate right MCDU.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Now from what I understand, the Aersosoft Airbus is the way you describe, but the NGX has never been that way.

My impression too.

I think he/she thought that you can program them independently - and this is partly true, because what you program into the 1st FMC that appears in the 2nd too.

This is partly true and partly not.

Really there is no reason for there to be two trully independent FMCs. That would just lead to cofusion and Bad Things .

Now, the 737 can actually have two FMCs, and the NGX has, but by default it only has one FMC connected to two (M)CDUs. If there are two FMCs, they are interconnected and data is mirrored, what you enter in one, goes into the second one right away, so that if the first one goes bust, second one can take over.\

Also, it IS actually MCDU in the NGX. MCDU is not strictly an Airbus term. It is just that the A320s started with MCDUs already, never having a basic CDU, while Boeing used basic CDUs for some time and the acronym stuck.

No bother, if it's not in the real thing it won't be in this... I guess we'll just have to get Boeing to make the 777 shinier like my 330...  ^_^

Thanks for the response,

Regards,

Ró.

Actually, the real world 777 DOES have a Equi time point feature. I saw it in action on Just Planes Turkish 777-300ER and Air Canada 777-200LR's.

just catching up on all the mails, before I post more screenshots, as I push back from Sydney to Fiji.

Someone asked about offpath descents, yes it is fully functional.

- Jane Whittaker

You guys at pmdg did an incredible job with that wingflex ! Seriously Fsx become more and more realistic everyday .. That wingflex is just monstrous .

Actually, the real world 777 DOES have a Equi time point feature. I saw it in action on Just Planes Turkish 777-300ER and Air Canada 777-200LR's.

You're sure that wasn't just the FIX page with range rings added? I haven't seen either DVD in a while, so I can't remember.

Someone asked about offpath descents, yes it is fully functional.

I thought Kyle said it wasn't. Or was he talking about something else?

How about RTA btw.?