Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PlainandSimplePaints

Overheated Brakes

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think a 'Please' wouldn't go unappreciated by myself and the other guys (and lady  :P)

I think a 'Please' wouldn't go unappreciated by myself and the other guys (and lady  :P)

Pretty-pretty-please.jpg

fsx2013-08-0302-20-39-37.png

fsx2013-08-0302-23-23-02.png

fsx2013-08-0302-23-50-99.png

*note*

The parking brake message appears because the tires are all mostly blown, not because I actually set it.

This makes it impossible to move the plane since the tires are melted gooey piles of black rubber.

Disregard - AJ posted some beautiful shots. Great work!

Now I don't wanna start putting ideas into RSR's head, but will PMDG increase the realism factor even more by charging customers for the replacement of those blown tires and damaged landing gear components?! :P

The parking brake message appears because the tires are all mostly blown, not because I actually set it.

This makes it impossible to move the plane since the tires are melted gooey piles of black rubber.

The temperature indications, what units are they or are those 10* readings indicating destroyed sensors?

Now I don't wanna start putting ideas into RSR's head, but will PMDG increase the realism factor even more by charging customers for the replacement of those blown tires and damaged landing gear components?! :P

$10 USD every time you need to replace a tire. A weird, evil version of the extended download service.

$10 USD every time you need to replace a tire. A weird, evil version of the extended download service.

I was thinking more like the actual amount an airline would have to pay, otherwise it wouldn't be realistic. Still on the positive side it would be a lot les than the $165 million PMDG had for the base product on their site! :)

It reminds me of a freeware Ilyushin 86 for FS2004, which had this feature with glowing break disks first time implemented.

Nice to see, that finally PMDG picked that up.

So cool! I just wish the same would happen from Hard Landings!! We'd be all having to deal with flat tires sometime!

Are the temperatures/visuals back to front in these screen shots? The coldest tire is at the front on the Lower EICAS, but the visual shows it to be the rear tyre?

C

Hey AJ, whenever you have the time, can you take some closeups on the fan blades/engines in general? Please?

Are the temperatures/visuals back to front in these screen shots? The coldest tire is at the front on the Lower EICAS, but the visual shows it to be the rear tyre?

C

Numbers on the outside of the tires are the brake temperatures, the numbers on the inside appear to be tire pressure.

Numbers on the outside of the tires are the brake temperatures, the numbers on the inside appear to be tire pressure.

Yep - The hottest tires are at the back, which is not how it appears externally

Yep - The hottest tires are at the back, which is not how it appears externally

Maybe I missed it, but it didn't look like there was anything wrong with any of the tires externally.