Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

I'm going to try Prepar3d today

Just a follow up.

He said "Can't use P3D... It doesn't support PMDG products which is a huge loss."

I read that as I can be done but ... PMDG and P3D do not have a working partnership at this time.

So giving customers "support" for their problems using the products is the issue.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

For one, my FSX doesn't crash, ever.

For two, I can use ALL my FSX add-ons without jumping through hoops.

For three, I could care less about the minor differences between FSX and P3D.

For four, I could purchase P3D tomorrow and be in compliance with the EULA. Wonder how many others can say that?

:raises hand:

Before you go unknowingly bashing P3D with your obvious bias and ill informed opinion.... P3D has made SIGNIFICANT advances with ESP. While most of them aren't for use by your average Joe "Looking for a better FSX" Blow, the target consumer of P3D is quite happy with it, and the continued development. From an engineering point of view, and not a "want to pretend I'm a pilot in my man-cave" end-user, LM has made significant strides that blow the base consumer FSX build out of the water.

To the OP: While I look at P3D through a different set of eyes, I hope it meets your end needs.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

I have P3D installed on a Velociraptor HD and I get lousy performance. Very choppy with low framerates. I've tried Word Not Allowed's setup with no luck.

NAX669.png

Biggest mistake people make is copy their fsx settings to P3D. Start with a fresh config and medium settings, quality on medium is comparable to fsx on high.

You mau be taxing your system unnecessarily

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Will, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

NAX669.png

How on earth do you get PMDG planes to install into the P3D folder??????

RIght when I tried to install it, it said FSX folder can't be found. Didn't give me an option to where I want to install it too.
This is for the NGX by the way.

For one, my FSX doesn't crash, ever.

For two, I can use ALL my FSX add-ons without jumping through hoops.

For three, I could care less about the minor differences between FSX and P3D.

For four, I could purchase P3D tomorrow and be in compliance with the EULA. Wonder how many others can say that?

Sounds about right.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

How on earth do you get PMDG planes to install into the P3D folder??????

RIght when I tried to install it, it said FSX folder can't be found. Didn't give me an option to where I want to install it too.

This is for the NGX by the way.

Use the flightsim Estonia migrator tool. Or you might be able to point the installer to it directly, that I'm not sure of. The migrator tool works flawlessly.

Lee

Note it's unsupported by PMDG

P3D offers more stability than FSX, that's at least what I was able to experience. No stutters, better scenery ( landclass ), although when I installed FTX Global, and when their LC products come out it'll look even better...

With the same Nvidia Inspector settings I get much crisper images in P3D than in FSX.

Even at lower FPS, P3D is fluid.

Problem, as you pointed out, is that some installers are not prepared for Prepar3d :-). In the past i used the EMT, but now I doit all by myself, using simple hard links to folders :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

May The Force be with you young simmer! :lol:

Prepar3D = FSX SP3

you will like it :drinks:

Yeah at this stage, P3D is basically a tweaked and optimized FSX. More stable for many users, less stutters (but no overall FPS improvement). P3D 2.0 will be more interesting.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

For one, it is super stable.

No, it really isn't, for everyone.    It is stable for you, and stable for many others (perhaps more than FSX), however it is not objectively "super stable".   It is less stabe for example for ATI GPU users;   With P3D I could not use the ATC dialogue screen (corrupt black box where it was supposed to be), the FSX kneeboard, and suffered many other graphics anomolies  -  that is with no tweaks and on modest settings.

As a point of fact, I get none of those issues with FSX.

I would love to move to a newer (supported) platform like P3D (that's why I bought it), but it still has it's own list of gremlins that need to be sorted out before it can be truly announced as "a very stable platform" per se, 

"want to pretend I'm a pilot in my man-cave" end-user.

Nice.    So definitely no superiority complex over non real world pilots there then.....

Thank god we have so many respectful real world pilots, people like Ronan, happy to share their RW experiences and to behave as an equal to their FS peers, rather than those who sneer down at those "pretending to be a pilot in their man cave".

I will wait for v2, then have a good look.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Nice.    So definitely no superiority complex over non real world pilots there then.....

Well, you know what they say about assumptions.

I'm one of those wanna-be pilots in my man-cave. Though I'm a RW pilot, I'll never have the opportunity to fly airframes like the 747/T7, etc. The comments was meant to illustrate that P3D wasn't designed for the end users like me (in that capacity) or people that want to use it as an FSX replacement. However, from an engineering platform, it quite excels.

Have a good day.

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800