Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Does this forum need more moderators?

Example of someone trolling just today: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416218-wx-radar/

Example of someone demanding a release date today: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416232-final-release-date-please/

I understand that the double and triple posts are technical issues, but that doesn't mean a moderator can't come and delete those. 

I agree that patience and tolerance among forum users is paramount. But sometimes the only solution is moderation.  

I don't think you understand how moderation works. Mods can't and don't read every post.  They mostly rely on people reporting posts that break the rules.  If you think one of those posts does break the rules then report it.  Simple.  No need to start a thread about it.

But the general internet advice about trolling posts is still the best.  Don't respond to them.

ki9cAAb.jpg

More mods? Not really. But we could sure use more wingflex and Wx radar though... lol.

....And this topic are the number 777 in this forum......well done fellows..............

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

sawn5l.jpg

this may help ....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Maybe the Forum needs more civility, common courtesy and less drama.

And significantly less member response to the trolls!  Just stop recognizing their trolling with responses.  Let them die a silent death.

The best way to eliminate a nuisance is to starve it !!!  Its also the best way to put out a fire.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

None of the things you mention are in need of extra moderation. Posting about weather radar is not tolling. Double posts are a technical problem. I haven't seen any posts since 777 "wide beta" demanding release dates. The search function isn't very user friendly or helpful so it isn't surprising people can't or don't use.

What forum users need to apply is patience and above all tolerance. If someone posts about something asked many times either ignore it or answer it again. The least helpful and most annoying response is "use the search function".

Yup people are quick to pounce that's for sure.

Troll spray!!!! Use it, use it a lot, use it where it applies. Use it when needed in large amounts. The best anti BS there is!

Some people will do almost anything for attention! Including me!

Mel

I have to agree with the moderation of the AVSIM forums in general; topics are running quite well there without those many risk-of-closure flags we used to see.

On a sidenote:

Neither AVSIM staff nor PMDG have responded to this thread so far - looks like they're conducting a little psychological experiment on us ...   :mellow:

Guys,

I was out of town for nearly a week attending to the death of my grandmother in Michigan - that's why things have seemed a bit less moderated than usual. I'm going to shut down that junk right now...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

None of the things you mention are in need of extra moderation. Posting about weather radar is not trolling. .

What forum users need to apply is patience and above all tolerance.

Tolerance you say?

I would say TROLLERANCE :)

Sorry to hear about your grandma Tabs.

Me too, Sorry Chap. I went through that last year with both my grandparents. sad times, but just take half an hour to think back to when you were small and the happy memories will flood back :)

I think there is no need of moderators. I think there is a need from people to stop complaining and answer to posts that have been answered millions of times. In nature of people is to answer anyway making the game of idiots. If now i ask is there a release date? i will have 2 pages of stupid answers like OpMDG never give release dates or sarcastic answers int his way the post is fed and go on so people give time to write another useless post. IF when u read a post u think it has been discussed a lot of times simply dont give answers and u will see they will stop to ask.

Guys,

I was out of town for nearly a week attending to the death of my grandmother in Michigan - that's why things have seemed a bit less moderated than usual. I'm going to shut down that junk right now...

I'm so sorry to hear that Ryan. Best wishes to you and your family.