Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

fsdreamteam forum still down

I am unable to access the FSDT Forum. Am I the only one? If not, does anybody know why it has been unavailable for several days now?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

People, this is the PMDG Support Forum.First a thread about the Dash, now this.

Please no offense, but there are much more suitable places for these questions.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I agree this shouldn't be posted here.  But, I find the people who frequent the PMDG forums tend to the be most "in the know" about the other high quality developers... 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

The FSDT forum is down, it's nothing specific to our site, the ISP that holds the forum has his entire data center down. They were planning a move in a different data center for some time, but it's not sure if this is the reason of the downtime, because we haven't been able to contact them.  The issue is, this week almost everybody is in vacation in Italy, and the forum is the only service we have on an italian ISP.

- The FSDT site is running normally

- All products downloads are working normally

- The Esellerate (purchase, activations and reinstallation) works normally

- Email support is working normally, and it's suggested to use that, as indicated on the page that used to point to the forum.

Its, weird, I have a few airports from this site Fsdreamteam[CYVR,KFJKvol2,KFLL,KORD,KFDW] but the forum support site is tell down, anybodsy know what is going on here?

I know exactly what the problem is :-)

The FSDT forum is down, it's nothing specific to our site, the ISP that holds the forum has his entire data center down. They were planning a move in a different data center for some time, but it's not sure if this is the reason of the downtime, because we haven't been able to contact them. The issue is, this week almost everybody is in vacation in Italy, and the forum is the only service we have on an italian ISP.

- The FSDT site is running normally

- All products downloads are working normally

- The Esellerate (purchase, activations and reinstallation) works normally

- Email support is working normally, and it's suggested to use that, as indicated on the page that used to point to the forum.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Been down about 5 Days. Maintenance I believe. But the forum has been down longer than I thought it would. Hopefully, Umberto will give us an update here.

Edit: Jim types quicker than me.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Already discussed and answered here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416230-fsdreamteam-forum-still-down/#entry2751009

Everything on our site is working normally, we have ONLY the forum down, because it's on a different ISP and THAT one (the whole ISP) is down, it's nothing related to our forum really. We are trying to get hold of them, but as I've already said in my message, they are not reachable. They had an explanation of their problems last week on their site, but it's in Italian only, and it basically says they enter into a litigation with their own bandwidth supplier and data-center. We'll try to get more precise info starting next Monday.

You don't really need the forum (although it surely useful) to be supported, the main support method has always been email first, and forum to possibly get answers from other users too.

And, in any case, it's usually me that replies to most of the forum questions AND by email too so, really, there's no difference about the level of support you are going to get if you use email instead of the forum.

If you really need to interact with other people, we also have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/virtuali.software

Our forum is back up again now. 

We are sorry for this and, the reason was shockingly mundane: all technicians at our ISP were in vacation last week, so we couldn't contact anyone to report the downtime! This, regardless if their are supposed to offer technical support 24/7 365 days per year.